HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The Armchair GM Thread (Part VI)

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeautiful View Post
Also if Grabner somehow wasn't traded to Florida you could have expected him to have the exact same season as Tambellini basically they're the same players, he would have gotten the same ice time as Tambellini only filling in when Raymond / Samuelsson were injured or when they were healthy, he would have been wasted on the 4th line, scratched so that AV could force Tanner Glass into the lineup or sent to the minors and risk losing him for nothing
I think this is pretty baseless and off. Even if Grabner had a bad camp, he would have eventually made his way to the lineup, and with the chemistry he had with Kesler and Raymond, he would have been on the second line at some point (especially with Samuelsson playing poor hockey last year). Even when he slumped, he was only dropped to the third line. Grabner proved he was capable of producing at a better clip and generating more than Tambellini when he was here. They weren't close to the same players, IMO.

That line was dynamic, something it never managed to be again since. I have no doubt in my mind that Grabner would have done fine and started similarly breaking out even on the Canucks (maybe not to the same extent, but I couldn't see him not going at a 1/2 a point pace)

Old
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I think this is pretty baseless and off. Even if Grabner had a bad camp, he would have eventually made his way to the lineup, and with the chemistry he had with Kesler and Raymond, he would have been on the second line at some point (especially with Samuelsson playing poor hockey last year). Even when he slumped, he was only dropped to the third line. Grabner proved he was capable of producing at a better clip and generating more than Tambellini when he was here. They weren't close to the same players, IMO.

That line was dynamic, something it never managed to be again since. I have no doubt in my mind that Grabner would have done fine and started similarly breaking out even on the Canucks (maybe not to the same extent, but I couldn't see him not going at a 1/2 a point pace)
Grabner was waived by Florida because he had such a poor camp, you really think that the Canucks would let him stick around a much better team after a similarly poor camp? Really?

Old
10-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Timmy

>1000

Closed Thread