HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tkachuk Rumor To Flames

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada
Not only that he isn't a cancer.

He also isn't 250 lbs

And he isn't paid 7 mill.

His remaining two years (and the second is an option for about 3.5 mill, makes his income somewhere in the order of 5 mill per year.

If St. Louis were to pick up a part of his salary and the Flames were to send a combination of players who make half of what he makes, it would be financially possible.

An overweight Tkachuk, is still a better skater than Simon, and being overweight is a temporary situation, being slow isn't.

Tkachuk scored 18 goals on the power play the last year they played in St. Louis, and that was nowhere near his best year. How many Flames have been able to score like that for their total ice time? Tkachuk would address a number of needs for the Flames. It would be a good deal for Calgary.
Quote:
Actually, Simon is precisely who I thought would go. He is huge, tough, and can score fairly well. He also often plays on the top two lines, so he would be a replacement of some sort. Oh yeah, he plays for well under 2 mill.
...so not only are the Blues going to send Tkachuk to Calgary, but they're going to send them money and take on useless salaries to make it happen?

Seems a little optimistic to me.

Old
11-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I don't know if Tkachuk would actually get traded or not but those who keep slamming him have either very poor memory or just no common sense. Go look at the guys stats and quit being ********!!!

Old
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie

...so not only are the Blues going to send Tkachuk to Calgary, but they're going to send them money and take on useless salaries to make it happen?

Seems a little optimistic to me.
Maybe, but it is all speculation anyway. There are other marketable players such as Leopold who may appeal to the Blues. The Flames have also been scouting Pittsburgh games, and there are a lot of rumors about St. Louis scouting them as well. A three way deal would mean countless possibilities. I didn't make the rumor up, I quoted it from a couple of sources. If the rumor is accurate, and they have discussed Tkachuk, one thing I can assure, it would not be possible for Calgary without St. Louis either swallowing some of his salary, or taking on some of the salaries you call useless, or both. I would not call it out of the realm of possibility. Look what they did with Pronger.

Old
11-03-2005, 01:02 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
Maybe, but it is all speculation anyway. There are other marketable players such as Leopold who may appeal to the Blues. The Flames have also been scouting Pittsburgh games, and there are a lot of rumors about St. Louis scouting them as well. A three way deal would mean countless possibilities. I didn't make the rumor up, I quoted it from a couple of sources. If the rumor is accurate, and they have discussed Tkachuk, one thing I can assure, it would not be possible for Calgary without St. Louis either swallowing some of his salary, or taking on some of the salaries you call useless, or both. I would not call it out of the realm of possibility. Look what they did with Pronger.

I'm not sure whether sending cash as part of a trade is even allowed under the new CBA, so I don't know whether "swallowing some of his salary" is a possibility. But a team which, I believe, is in the process of being sold is not likely to be putting that sort of obligations onto the books, I would suspect.

In any case, what I'm getting at is that you're suggesting that the Blues will send the Flames a premier talent (and one who works at a discount next season.) And you're proposing that the Blues will assist the Flames financially in making it happen, either by sending cash to Calgary, or by taking loads like Chris Simon in return, or both. Well, if they're going to do that stuff to make the trade happen, there has to be something good coming there way as well, right?

Old
11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
tinyzombies

I'd love to see him in Montreal, but maybe only later in the season when the salary hit is less and he's in better shape.

Closed Thread