HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 07 @ Winnipeg Jets

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Marty Biron 104 87.39%
Brian Boyle 2 1.68%
Ryan Callahan 45 37.82%
Michael Del Zotto 6 5.04%
Brandon Dubinsky 3 2.52%
Steve Eminger 4 3.36%
Tim Erixon 0 0%
Ruslan Fedotenko 79 66.39%
Marian Gaborik 4 3.36%
Dan Girardi 53 44.54%
Ryan McDonagh 0 0%
Brandon Prust 4 3.36%
Brad Richards 1 0.84%
Derek Stepan 2 1.68%
Other 1 0.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Going to be positive here: We will get our **** together on the home stand. This long road trip was where the team dealt with adversity and made it out alive (we all said that we'd be OK going basically .500 on the road trip). Home is where the heart is. Home is where our team becomes a team.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:24 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Tied for 2nd in conference for goals against and tied for second to last for goals for.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:25 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Torts: "I thought we defended well. We certainly spent enough time there."

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
k.

This team looks just ****ing anemic. Awful. Sincerely, how they even have 3 wins is mind boggling. They had better take the lucky start and learn how to play 60 minutes of hockey because their luck is going to run out. Aside from a few periods, and Henrik this team looks like a bottom 5 offensive blackhole.

we want cup
We do not Sow

Feds, Girardi, and Biron are Torts' 3 stars.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
They have not had a normal lifestyle, they had not had a chance to in a MONTH. Even in the beginning it is hard to go all the way to Europe and then play on different Ice Surfaces, and completely different time zones.
I do understand what you say, It's not like I do not realize where they have been. My remarks are much more based on a hesitancy that I see in their play, not a tiredeness.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
i would like to know why you think this. it seems contrary to the data
he carried the puck in deep, he controlled it along the boards, he kept putting the puck where it needed to go, it just wasnt played well by the players he was passing to. he was a forechecking BEAST tonight.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I do understand what you say, It's not like I do not realize where they have been. My remarks are much more based on a hesitancy that I see in their play, not a tiredeness.
I understand that too, and if they are playing like this in 2 weeks I will be all over them. Give them some time. They added a huge piece in Richards, and lost one in Staal, that is also going to throw a lot of things around. I am not sure what I would do if I was Torts with the lines, it seems like he likes Dubi as a Center.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Torts: "I thought we defended well. We certainly spent enough time there."
That's been the problem this whole trip -- too much time in your own zone

Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
This team looks just ****ing anemic. Awful. Sincerely, how they even have 3 wins is mind boggling. They had better take the lucky start and learn how to play 60 minutes of hockey because their luck is going to run out. Aside from a few periods, and Henrik this team looks like a bottom 5 offensive blackhole.
It's a good thing we have 9/10s of a season left, then.

Old
10-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I understand that too, and if they are playing like this in 2 weeks I will be all over them. Give them some time. They added a huge piece in Richards, and lost one in Staal, that is also going to throw a lot of things around. I am not sure what I would do if I was Torts with the lines, it seems like he likes Dubi as a Center.
We also don't even have Sauer back, yet. Once he's back, the D will be at least SOMEWHAT stabilized.

Old
10-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

I feel like the lack of offense has been very simple for the entire road trip. There are 2 big factors besides some of the obvious (like lack of chemistry, tiredness, lack of skill, lack of 4 normal lines)

1. Staal/Sauer are out, the other team will have the puck A LOT more
2. Lots of penalties

Old
10-24-2011, 10:33 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
I'm with you. They pulled one out tonight, ugly as it was. And it was still a better game than the one against Edmonton. Let them get home and catch their breath. If things are no better a few weeks down the road, it would be pretty difficult to just keep saying that they need more time, but it's fair to give it some more time for now.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:35 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Going to be positive here: We will get our **** together on the home stand. This long road trip was where the team dealt with adversity and made it out alive (we all said that we'd be OK going basically .500 on the road trip). Home is where the heart is. Home is where our team becomes a team.
Agreed. Everyone was praying for 500 coming out of this stretch and we did exactly that. Hopefully the teams play turns around because if not, then we have a problem. I've been holding off on the criticism since I believe the travel has taken its toll.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:35 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 50
I was at the game, and I thought MDZ was really good. He's a good skater, and moves the puck well. I love seeing NHL live again!!!

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Vitto79

for the record they just went 3 and 1 on this trip which is a freaking miracle the way they played.

Get home and tear it up!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:38 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
I'm a Torts defender, but this game was a black eye on his resume.

Benching Gabby... really? Why? Some of the line juggling I can understand, but it seems like he's just guessing.

This game was tough to watch... once again. I want to see some offensive pressure. I want to see more than 9 shots through 2 periods.

Let's get it together, Rangers.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Leafs fan coming in war (wait what?)

Wow, even your backup goalie gets GAA of 1.00 (well, atleast it helped my pool).
I didn't see entire game, saw 3rd, but the moment Rangers were locked in their zone, I could've bet 100$, that they would get free on breakaway, get PP, and score on it

Looks like you guys have scoring woes? No problem! Just come at MSG on Thursday, your forwards will end their cold streaks, MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!!

Looking forward to Thursday game. Our D is playing awful, and hanging out goalies to dry. Only players you'd worry about are Kessel, Phaneuf and may be Gardiner.

PS: First line reference is to ppl saying "coming in peace", which is obvious for anyone entering another board unless he wants infraction points. So, I've tried to be innovative on that front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
Kinda disappointed with Richards so far, not worrying yet. Solid effort from Marty.
LOL, be happy that he is making home debut and not season debut for Rangers on Thursday. (*cough* Connolly *cough*) Give him time, he'll be fine.

Last edited by Penalty Kill Icing*: 10-24-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Kinda disappointed with Richards so far, not worrying yet. Solid effort from Marty.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:41 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
I was at the game, and I thought MDZ was really good. He's a good skater, and moves the puck well. I love seeing NHL live again!!!
Good on ya, you guys deserve it. Keep at it, lot's of great pieces on that team. Burmistrov dangerous.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
I do not know about you, but most people were expecting to see his highlight tapes as a shift-by-shift play with the Rangers. He has been good, but not great yet. Give it some time.

Old
10-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
I'm a Torts defender, but this game was a black eye on his resume.

Benching Gabby... really? Why? Some of the line juggling I can understand, but it seems like he's just guessing.

This game was tough to watch... once again. I want to see some offensive pressure. I want to see more than 9 shots through 2 periods.

Let's get it together, Rangers.
i dont think he was benching gabby so much as playing other players who were playing better than him. just my opinion anyway....i dont agree with it either way.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:45 PM
SRTtoZ

Richards has been fine IMO...It takes a team to win and we havent been playing a team game. He has 5 points and is helping out Gabby...He makes great passes all the time that our players have no clue what to do with, not his fault.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:46 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i dont think he was benching gabby so much as playing other players who were playing better than him. just my opinion anyway....i dont agree with it either way.
Lets put it plainly, TORTS IS A RETARD. You dont bench a guy who has been THEE TEAM so far this year...thats like you working your ass off at your job and going out of your way to do extra things and then having your boss pull you aside and tell you its not good enough. It only makes you want to work less...

This should be Torts last year unless we get into the 2nd round of the playoffs...end of story.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 10:48 PM
free0717

We stunk tonite. I dont know if its the players or the coach. Something has to be figured out to spend more time in the Offensive Zone and generate more shots on net.
That goes on the coach.

Torts better figure this one out and fast.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote