HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech National Team (A, U20, U18, U17, U16)

Old
10-05-2011, 07:04 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
We're still about a month away from releasing roster for Karjala T, but I was already thinking about it. There are some new faces doing well around Europe and we all know that we need to fill the wholes after 3 roster players were lost during the plane crash, which is going to be tough. Here is what I'd like to see if nothing significant happens in those few weeks. If anybody cares to add his opinion about possible lineup, that would be great!

Červenka - Vrána - Petružálek
Klepiš - Vampola - Irgl
Rolinek - Novotný - Květoň D.
Průcha - Koukal - Kvapil
Smoleňák

Blaťák - Nakládal
Krajíček - Němec
Škoula - Roth
Čáslava

Štěpánek
Kovář

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:18 AM
smitty10

My early guess for the WJC team:

Frk-Holik-Jaskin
Culek-Pribyl-Straka
Hyka-Uher-Sekac
Stransky-Sedlak-Nosek
Hertl/Filippi/Placek/Kindl

Musil-Jank
Nedomlel-Jenik
Hrbas-Havlik
Kovar

Mrazek (if eligible)
Honzik
Machovsky

I think that this will be one of the strongest Czech teams in the last few years. Lots of drafted players and guys who can put up big numbers in juniors. I think the Czech's could really be the darkhorse of this years tournament. They should have no problem finishing ahead of teams like Slovakia, Denmark and Latvia and could finish ahead of Finland and possibly USA if they play well. I think the guys on the on the 4th line and playing for 13th forward are pretty interchangable.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
My early guess for the WJC team:

Frk-Holik-Jaskin
Culek-Pribyl-Straka
Hyka-Uher-Sekac
Stransky-Sedlak-Nosek
Hertl/Filippi/Placek/Kindl

Musil-Jank
Nedomlel-Jenik
Hrbas-Havlik
Kovar

Mrazek (if eligible)
Honzik
Machovsky

I think that this will be one of the strongest Czech teams in the last few years. Lots of drafted players and guys who can put up big numbers in juniors. I think the Czech's could really be the darkhorse of this years tournament. They should have no problem finishing ahead of teams like Slovakia, Denmark and Latvia and could finish ahead of Finland and possibly USA if they play well. I think the guys on the on the 4th line and playing for 13th forward are pretty interchangable.
Cool, thx for that. I've already posted my prediction here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=861966&page=2. That said, I think Hyka has very good chance too. And personaly I expect Hertl much higher in the lineup, he's got just great start of the season. Scored another 2 points in his last game, so he's 3+3 in 8 games and best scorer on his Extraliga team right now, which is quite impressive.

Old
10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Cool, thx for that. I've already posted my prediction here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=861966&page=2. That said, I think Hyka has very good chance too. And personaly I expect Hertl much higher in the lineup, he's got just great start of the season. Scored another 2 points in his last game, so he's 3+3 in 8 games and best scorer on his Extraliga team right now, which is quite impressive.
I haven't seen Hertl play, so that's why I had him down that low. I've heard he's fairly high on the draft ranking, so maybe he'll be higher in the lineup than I think.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Swipes

vCash: 250
Quote:
We're still about a month away from releasing roster for Karjala T, but I was already thinking about it. There are some new faces doing well around Europe and we all know that we need to fill the wholes after 3 roster players were lost during the plane crash, which is going to be tough. Here is what I'd like to see if nothing significant happens in those few weeks. If anybody cares to add his opinion about possible lineup, that would be great!

Klepiš - Vampola - Irgl
Průcha - Koukal - Kvapil
Smoleňák

Blaťák - Nakládal
Krajíček - Němec
Škoula - Roth
Čáslava

Štěpánek
Kovář
Good line-up. I can't really think of anyone you've missed out except Kaspar, but he's having a very poor season so far (0 points in 7 games). I'd swap Zib (who seems to be playing well) for Roth and maybe swap Kveton for Pech, the latter's Extraliga stats have a very nice increase to them since 2007 and I think he's playing pretty well at the moment.
The national team looks really weird without Rachunek, Marek and Vasicek. It's gonna be a really unusual watching them play without those guys
Also, maybe Birner and Plihal should get a look too.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
einnor26
Rookie User

Quote:

Klepiš - Vampola - Irgl
Průcha - Koukal - Kvapil
Smoleňák

Blaťák - Nakládal
Krajíček - Němec
Škoula - Roth
Čáslava

Štěpánek
Kovář

IMO, this line-up looks fine. Maybe, I would try Josef Hrabal, he seems pretty well so far. Also, I would give a chance any younger players like Jan Kovář or Štěpán Novotný.

What are you thinking about Petr Tatíček and Vojtěch Polák? Have they any chance for EHT in this season? I guess probably not big chance, or I'm wrong? Tatíček in 9 matches - 7 points, Polák in 8 matches - 5 points (on the other hand he has in +/- -4).

einnor26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 03:13 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Good line-up. I can't really think of anyone you've missed out except Kaspar, but he's having a very poor season so far (0 points in 7 games). I'd swap Zib (who seems to be playing well) for Roth and maybe swap Kveton for Pech, the latter's Extraliga stats have a very nice increase to them since 2007 and I think he's playing pretty well at the moment.
The national team looks really weird without Rachunek, Marek and Vasicek. It's gonna be a really unusual watching them play without those guys
Also, maybe Birner and Plihal should get a look too.
Yeah, Kašpar doesn't deserve invite this time IMO. Needs to start to play hockey again. The reason I included Roth was that I think it's good to take at least 1 young D to see how he's doing. Unfortunately we lost very important positions with Lokomotiv players - 2 centers and high end right handed Dman, which sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by einnor26 View Post
IMO, this line-up looks fine. Maybe, I would try Josef Hrabal, he seems pretty well so far. Also, I would give a chance any younger players like Jan Kovář or Štěpán Novotný.

What are you thinking about Petr Tatíček and Vojtěch Polák? Have they any chance for EHT in this season? I guess probably not big chance, or I'm wrong? Tatíček in 9 matches - 7 points, Polák in 8 matches - 5 points (on the other hand he has in +/- -4).
Tough to say what are their chances. Many players in Europe are pretty even and it really depends on the coach what he thinks.

Speaking about young players, I was thinking about T. Rachůnek of Sparta also. He should get the chance as well during the season.

Last edited by zorz: 10-06-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old
10-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Swipes

Quote:
Speaking about young players, I was thinking about T. Rachůnek of Sparta also. He should get the chance as well during the season.
Yeah, I thought about Rachůnek too, but thought that maybe it might be a good idea to wait a little longer to see if he keeps up his pace. I've really liked the way he's been playing though. I wouldn't be afraid to nominate Hertl just so he can try out the national team camp because it would be a good experience for him-but only if he keeps playing as he does. I've been disappointed by Jaskin so far, not living up to my expectations atm. Hopefully he'll break out soon.

I also just remembered that Kotalik is very likely to make the team too now that's he's in Europe and Barinka always seems to find a way into the nomination somehow

Old
10-06-2011, 12:51 PM
einnor26
Rookie User

I agree with Rachůnek. Actually Sparta has some interesting younger players in squad, like for example Přibyl or Pacovský.

Quote:
I wouldn't be afraid to nominate Hertl just so he can try out the national team camp because it would be a good experience for him-but only if he keeps playing as he does.
The truth is that Finland, Sweden or Russia don't afraid give a chance young players in EHT. Of course their players are little bit better in this age, but definitely, I would try some our young players. At least for the 4th line.

Petružálek with goal and Vrána with assist today. Keep going guys!

Old
10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
wings5

whats with all the goalies Czech is starting to produce many of whom are in the CHL doing well? They've become the Euro goalie of choice for the CHL it seems, may be creeping up to Sweden and Finland in terms of that.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
whats with all the goalies Czech is starting to produce many of whom are in the CHL doing well? They've become the Euro goalie of choice for the CHL it seems, may be creeping up to Sweden and Finland in terms of that.
Yes, there seem to be a lot now doesn't there? Well, at least we're catching up somewhere Makes a nice change though, as we don't have that many goalies in the NHL anymore and it looks like the number is rising and may continue to do so in the future

Old
10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Yes, there seem to be a lot now doesn't there? Well, at least we're catching up somewhere Makes a nice change though, as we don't have that many goalies in the NHL anymore and it looks like the number is rising and may continue to do so in the future
I must slack your enthusiasm. There are not many promising goalies among 94´ born goalies and 95´birth year is the worst in many, many years. Absolutely horrible.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I must slack your enthusiasm. There are not many promising goalies among 94´ born goalies and 95´birth year is the worst in many, many years. Absolutely horrible.
That's rather depressing

How does the 96' year look for goaltenders? Could that not fill in the gap caused by the terrible 95' year/poor 94' year?

Old
10-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
That's rather depressing

How does the 96' year look for goaltenders? Could that not fill in the gap caused by the terrible 95' year/poor 94' year?
I have no clue so far regarding 96´goalies.
At least 94´born Marek Langhamer is promising goalie, plus Polivka is okay.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
einnor26
Rookie User

Jakub Nakládal is leaving Pardubice and he will play for Ufa. Personally I like it. Of course Ufa is in difficult situation, but still it's TOP european club and I think it's good step for Jakub in his career.

Old
10-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by einnor26 View Post
Jakub Nakládal is leaving Pardubice and he will play for Ufa. Personally I like it. Of course Ufa is in difficult situation, but still it's TOP european club and I think it's good step for Jakub in his career.
I don´t think it´s good decision at all. For his development would be much better to move to Sweden. It´s good for Pardubice(money) and good for him money wise but it´s not right decision considering development of his game. Unfortunately his agent prefers big money in Russia(it was same with Blatak, Marek).

Old
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I don´t think it´s good decision at all. For his development would be much better to move to Sweden. It´s good for Pardubice(money) and good for him money wise but it´s not right decision considering development of his game. Unfortunately his agent prefers big money in Russia(it was same with Blatak, Marek).
I would say the same .. dont move to NA, it is better to go to Sweden.. of course it is better to move to KHL than Elitprospects.. who dont think so, he should get more hockey knowledge.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I would say the same .. dont move to NA, it is better to go to Sweden.. of course it is better to move to KHL than Elitprospects.. who dont think so, he should get more hockey knowledge.
Majority of NHL scouts think it...
BTW, do you know Nakladal´s game? How many games have you seen him play live? I haven´t said that Elitserien is better than KHL, I have said that for Nakladal´s development would be better to go to Sweden than KHL which is big difference.
However I´m aware that it´s waste of time to to discuss with you about KHL/Russian hockey so I´m not going to continue this talk.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Majority of NHL scouts think it...
BTW, do you know Nakladal´s game? How many games have you seen him play live? I haven´t said that Elitserien is better than KHL, I have said that for Nakladal´s development would be better to go to Sweden than KHL which is big difference.
However I´m aware that it´s waste of time to to discuss with you about KHL/Russian hockey so I´m not going to continue this talk.
that is the answer... nhl scouts are paid by nhl clubs, they are not objective.. they will always say sweden is better than russia because are paid by nhl. It is funny that quasi hockey fans bows over nhl, its scouts and so.. really funny.

Old
10-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
that is the answer... nhl scouts are paid by nhl clubs, they are not objective.. they will always say sweden is better than russia because are paid by nhl. It is funny that quasi hockey fans bows over nhl, its scouts and so.. really funny.
your argument is funny
as you said, scouts are paid by NHL teams, no reason not to be objective. When I say NHL scouts I mean those based in Czech/Slovakia.
BTW, you didn´t reply to my question how well you know Nakladal´s game. Since joining Pardubice junior team 8 years ago, I have seen him maybe in around 100 games. Live.

Old
10-25-2011, 08:29 AM
zorz

I don't mind him going to KHL. But I'd rather see him in some club where he could play big minutes, which is probably not the case with Ufa.

Old
10-25-2011, 09:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
your argument is funny
as you said, scouts are paid by NHL teams, no reason not to be objective. When I say NHL scouts I mean those based in Czech/Slovakia.
BTW, you didn´t reply to my question how well you know Nakladal´s game. Since joining Pardubice junior team 8 years ago, I have seen him maybe in around 100 games. Live.
I dont see any difference between american, swedish, russian and czech NHL scout.. all the same.

Old
10-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
I dont see any difference between american, swedish, russian and czech NHL scout.. all the same.
which only shows that you know very little about scouts and scouting work

Old
10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
I don't mind him going to KHL. But I'd rather see him in some club where he could play big minutes, which is probably not the case with Ufa.
Sure, he will have to battle hard for ice time but while Ufa is top European team, it´s not Detroit or Washington...
Still has good chance to succeed.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:45 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
which only shows that you know very little about scouts and scouting work
be so kind and dont judge my (or anybody) knowledge of scouting work. Espacially if you dont know me.