HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#8|Oct 24, 2011|Maple Leafs at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET - BRYZ DID NOT START OR PLAY

Old
10-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Missed the game as Chickies and Petes wasnt showing it.. They had the football game and baseball game on..
So i shall be live blogging as I rewatch it
gonna have to go ahead and call bs there

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
After watching the post game hi-lites and Jagr(meister)'s two goals and subsequent salutes I suddenly got the feeling of him being like an old WWF Wrassler -- Sgt. Slaughter? -- where a one time villain becomes today's hometown hero... Somebody once said that there is never so sweet friend as one that was a onetime enemy.

I remember me yelling down on the Spectrum and CoreStates/FirstUnion/Wachovia ice as whistles echoed... "Hit him dammit" as Bundy was trying wih all his might to control him -- and God Bless Chris, he did a real good job a it... all things considered -- Now I see him saluting and smiling and hugging my Flyers and i is as if I never hated him a second... I want him to succeed and re-sign for another season or so and retire a Flyer.

Funny also how I have forgotten Talbot shushing us after he suckered CarBom into a fight and rallied his Pens as they came from way back and kicked our ***** from the First Round... Five years or so here, and I'm kinda happy he's here.

A couple Bad Guys seeing the light and becoming Good Guys... Like Sgt. Slaughter going to battle against the Iron Sheik.
You're showing your age. I remember when Jimmy Snuka became a good guy after a fight with Bob Backlund.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:16 AM
PhillyFlying

simmonds-schenn-briere looked great in the second and third periods. we may finally have a second line, boys and girls.

PhillyFlying is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Well, 5-2-1... and there's only one team that's head and shoulders above us in the Conference.

I'm happy.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:22 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Habs are reeling lost agian to florida hopfully we don't let them off the floor wed and we bury them........

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:32 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

I'm watching the NHL Network replay of this game right now, which happens to be the Philly broadcast. Now, I've been working primarily in just live audio for the last 15+ years. I have very limited experience in broadcast audio, and I'm fairly sure I could do a better job than the guy who mixed this game. You can barely hear the play by play while the play is going.

Why couldn't the LeafsTV broadcast I watched in real time have sounded like this???

edit: it looks a lot better than the Leafs broadcast, and that's all I really care about as a fan.

Last edited by ChumpyG: 10-25-2011 at 03:44 AM.
ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:09 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Habs are reeling lost agian to florida hopfully we don't let them off the floor wed and we bury them........
Markstrom dominated. He was insane.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:16 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Gus on the other end wasn't shabby either. I was afraid we'd get backup'd again.
Must have been some rare flashes of brilliance because he ended up with .867%.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 07:39 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
I'm watching the NHL Network replay of this game right now, which happens to be the Philly broadcast. Now, I've been working primarily in just live audio for the last 15+ years. I have very limited experience in broadcast audio, and I'm fairly sure I could do a better job than the guy who mixed this game. You can barely hear the play by play while the play is going.

Why couldn't the LeafsTV broadcast I watched in real time have sounded like this???

edit: it looks a lot better than the Leafs broadcast, and that's all I really care about as a fan.
Just out of curiousity, did you watch in 5.1 or stereo (not sure what NHL network even offers)? I often take issue with the mixing of the CSN broadcasts but last night was well-balanced with 5.1 on the local broadcast.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Must have been some rare flashes of brilliance because he ended up with .867%.
The feeling didn't last too long. He had a few good stops.

10-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
After watching the post game hi-lites and Jagr(meister)'s two goals and subsequent salutes I suddenly got the feeling of him being like an old WWF Wrassler -- Sgt. Slaughter? -- where a one time villain becomes today's hometown hero... Somebody once said that there is never so sweet friend as one that was a onetime enemy.

I remember me yelling down on the Spectrum and CoreStates/FirstUnion/Wachovia ice as whistles echoed... "Hit him dammit" as Bundy was trying wih all his might to control him -- and God Bless Chris, he did a real good job a it... all things considered -- Now I see him saluting and smiling and hugging my Flyers and i is as if I never hated him a second... I want him to succeed and re-sign for another season or so and retire a Flyer.

Funny also how I have forgotten Talbot shushing us after he suckered CarBom into a fight and rallied his Pens as they came from way back and kicked our ***** from the First Round... Five years or so here, and I'm kinda happy he's here.

A couple Bad Guys seeing the light and becoming Good Guys... Like Sgt. Slaughter going to battle against the Iron Sheik.
I work with a guy that looks like Sgt. Slaughter.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:01 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
FACEOFFS: Giroux was +5 on draws, rest of team was -15. Read lost 8 of 9.
Can't understand for the life of me why Read is still at center and couturier is still on the 4th line... that 3rd line should be JVR-Couturier-Read. That would be a beastly 3rd line.

Of course, then Voracek would be down on the 4th line... but I kind of think his play is deserving of that right now. He's gotten a pass w/ all the Hartnell hate as of late, but really Voracek hasn't been too good.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:32 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Voracek, too often, seems content to be a perimeter player..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Is it me or has anybody noticed Mez trying to aggressively kill someone with an open ice hit the last couple games?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Haha, I'm not sure that's a new activity. I think he tries to ruin someone once at least once per game.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Haha, I'm not sure that's a new activity. I think he tries to ruin someone once at least once per game.
It just seems like he has been trying to be more physical this year. More than i have ever seen him be in his career.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

He had to tone it down a lot for the last part of the season last year because he hurt his wrist while hitting someone. He's always been pretty physical, but I can't say I've noticed him being more physical or not. Perhaps he is.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:04 PM
mirimon

He looked angry last night. He was running around a bit much looking for a big hit early on, but calmed down a little bit and was pretty impressive overall imo. I think one of the refs had a little chat with him at one time during the game, but that might of course have been about something completely different. I remember thinking that Meszaros would find himself in the box soon, it's rarely a good sign when a ref skates up to a player and has a little talk.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
You're showing your age. I remember when Jimmy Snuka became a good guy after a fight with Bob Backlund.
Haha... That I am... I even remember when Gorilla Monsoon was billed as a foreign wrestler and was a Bad Guy... Before he became a real Good Guy... who was a teacher from Moorestown NJ IIRC (may be confusing that with Gene Hart though who was also a NJ teacher... but GM was from NJ).

Chief Jay Strongbow -- my all time favorite -- was of Italian heritage.

The biggest hurt was when Tony Gorea's old tag team partner, Larry Zbyszko, turned into a real evil Bad Guy.

Those were the Golden Days of wrestling... The above plus Bruno Samartino, Killer Kowalski, George the Animal Steele, Dean Ho, Fuji and Tonako, Haystack Calhoun, Andre he Giant, Morales, Funk, yada yada yada. haha

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Just out of curiousity, did you watch in 5.1 or stereo (not sure what NHL network even offers)? I often take issue with the mixing of the CSN broadcasts but last night was well-balanced with 5.1 on the local broadcast.
I didn't realize they did 5.1.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
It just seems like he has been trying to be more physical this year. More than i have ever seen him be in his career.

As others have said, he's always been a big hitter. I agree though, he seems to be even grittier thus far.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote