HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Message to Mr. Molson thread

Old
10-25-2011, 11:16 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The only genuinely bad trade Gauthier has actually done was Sergei Kostitsyn for nothing.
His hands were pretty tied on that one. Who was going to trade anything of value for SK?

I'd blame the Habs for letting it get to that point before I'd blame Gauthier for the return he got.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:19 AM
capnk

Dear Mr. Molson,

As a lifetime fan, season ticket holder and borderline alcoholic, I was content when you began your stewardship of this hallowed organization. I was happy to see it back in the hands of your fine family and also, I was happy because I felt change was needed. Not a drastic, quick change mind you, but an evolving sort of change.
It is time now to proceed with that change.

For years we have seen the Montreal Canadiens play a relatively entertaining brand of hockey, but for years we have also seen them finish near or in the middle of the standings, with optimistic hopes of proceeding beyond the first rounds of the post season.
For years we have lived with conservative general managers, coaches and scouts and have accepted as fans, the players that were chosen to don the famous CH crest.
We have done our part as fans. We watch the team on television, we listen to the radio broadcasts, we go to the games and we buy merchandise. I personally have spent thousands of dollars on your family's beer to the detriment of my own personal health.

As fans however, we're tired of watching our team get physically abused. We're tired of watching our franchise goaltender get run every game and then realize that the team has too few players who are both willing and capable of pushing back. We're tired of watching a potentially high powered offense get stifled by a stifling system. We're tired of watching other teams on the division get better and bigger. We're tired of watching former rookie Montreal Canadiens coaches move on to win Stanley Cups and take their teams to the cup finals and win coach of the year awards. We're tired of missing out on drafting players that this team despreately needs, and then when we do finally get one, we're tired of watching him get traded for a smallish overpaid centreman with his best years behind him.

Mr. Molson, we're tired. And we've been more than patient for many, many years. It has not all been bad. The core of this team is still quite decent and some of the young guys have a lot of promise. Had the team won a few more games in this still very early season, maybe we wouldn't be so tired because the overall picture would be a little less grim. But the fact of the matter is that this is the situation we're in. And we deserve better.

You have your work cut out for you Mr. Molson. It's time to start the process of change. It's time to see the big picture and realize that a speedy skilled team that punishes opponents with a potent powerplay is not the answer in today's NHL. It's time to get bigger and more physical. It's time for the coach to outcoach, not the other way around.
Mr. Molson it's time for more GRIT.

Thank you for your time and good luck,

Fan # 4,587,652

capnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:19 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
His hands were pretty tied on that one. Who was going to trade anything of value for SK?
Why trade SK at all? He was doing a bang-up job as a complementary forward for the team.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:20 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
yea that's what i said. time to lynch all habs supporters i guess.
He only has to cater to the ones who buy the tickets, and apparently they're satisfied with the crap roster we've put together.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:22 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
He only has to cater to the ones who buy the tickets, and apparently they're satisfied with the crap roster we've put together.
Cool stuff. Please tell me more random insightful things that i've never heard before...

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:31 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Why trade SK at all? He was doing a bang-up job as a complementary forward for the team.
He pretty much asked for one, if I'm not mistaken.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:05 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He pretty much asked for one, if I'm not mistaken.
First I hear of that really.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Mr.Molson, please don't listen to irrational HF fans.

EXACTLY!!

People who know the game of hockey know that having a perfect hockey team doesn't happen overnight. It takes time for players to get in shape after an off-season of partying and relaxing...Yes...pro hockey players to that kind of stuff on their off-time too!! lol. They aren't in rock-hard, game shape right off the bat....it takes some time.

Players get injured in training camp and take a few games to get into the lineup and aren't up to speed with the skating and passing in their first games back. It takes a few good practices and a couple games without pain from their injury to play well again....but again....this can take time.

Learning new styles to play, trying new things on the powerplay, playing more icetime and in special situations like powerplay and killing penalties takes time before players get comfortable....but in time this stuff will get better as they get a few games under their belts.

The fans that insist that we need to trade players and hire new coaches and tear the team apart are the fans that probably never played a game of hockey in their lives. They are just the fans who fell in love with the product they see on TV and at the rinks and don't know the physical toll it takes on your body and how hard the game really is to play.

They also think that players all get along with each other all the time, they don't have disagreements. They expect every player to get along with the coach 100% of the time and play the way he wants you to too but it just doesn't work that way....it takes time to gel together as a team and trust everybody around you.

People need to be patient. We have a pretty good team when everybody gets the chance to play healthy and at the top of their game. Sure it would be nice to watch the Habs score 5 highlight reel goals every game and win every game 5-0....but it will never happen EVER. We need to sit back and cheer for the Habs no matter if they win or lose and let the season unfold as it sees fit....but stick with them through it all!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:23 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
EXACTLY!!

People who know the game of hockey know that having a perfect hockey team doesn't happen overnight. It takes time for players to get in shape after an off-season of partying and relaxing...Yes...pro hockey players to that kind of stuff on their off-time too!! lol. They aren't in rock-hard, game shape right off the bat....it takes some time.

Players get injured in training camp and take a few games to get into the lineup and aren't up to speed with the skating and passing in their first games back. It takes a few good practices and a couple games without pain from their injury to play well again....but again....this can take time.

Learning new styles to play, trying new things on the powerplay, playing more icetime and in special situations like powerplay and killing penalties takes time before players get comfortable....but in time this stuff will get better as they get a few games under their belts.

The fans that insist that we need to trade players and hire new coaches and tear the team apart are the fans that probably never played a game of hockey in their lives. They are just the fans who fell in love with the product they see on TV and at the rinks and don't know the physical toll it takes on your body and how hard the game really is to play.

They also think that players all get along with each other all the time, they don't have disagreements. They expect every player to get along with the coach 100% of the time and play the way he wants you to too but it just doesn't work that way....it takes time to gel together as a team and trust everybody around you.

People need to be patient. We have a pretty good team when everybody gets the chance to play healthy and at the top of their game. Sure it would be nice to watch the Habs score 5 highlight reel goals every game and win every game 5-0....but it will never happen EVER. We need to sit back and cheer for the Habs no matter if they win or lose and let the season unfold as it sees fit....but stick with them through it all!
How long? This team is regressing...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:52 PM
DumFries

Quote:
The only genuinely bad trade Gauthier has actually done was Sergei Kostitsyn for nothing.
Actually, there are two bad trades. The SK trade was just brutal but Gauthier was put in a very difficult position. The Lapierre trade was also bad. Brett Festerling was traded away later for a goalie which was a UFA at the end of last season. I don't know what happened to that fifth pick.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:54 PM
OpenIceHit

Everyone has their own personality and goals in life.

This team didn't do much in the past 18 years. It has a been through some really dark years. There's been some moments when we thougth we would finally have a great team again. But in vein.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that we're all different. Some of us are satisfied with a crappy job and and a fat girlfiend. Some others are not. That's all.

Also it's getting harder and harder for me to identify myself with this team. I always fought my way through to be where I am today. I didn't allow anyone to step on my toes. And when I watch my favorite team getting pushed around like that, Price getting knocked down every game without anyone fighting back ... it's just not me.

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:54 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
This. At best the guys we traded away are equal to other parts we have already. I don't see how swapping in any of those players would make the team better.
the point is those guys wouldnt cost us spending like drunks in free agency

is Gio at 5 mil worth 3.5x more than Dagostini ?

is Obyrne seriously that much worse than Spacek at 1/3 salary ?

my biggest is WTF was McDonough included in the Gomez deal when we picked up the salary dump ?????

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Protest the Hero

but trevor timmins sucks at drafting, how could we trade away good young players if we've never drafted any of them?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 06:03 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
My message to Mr. Molson would go something like this:

"Mr. Molson, you are currently being presented with a rare opportunity to make a terrible mistake out of generalized panic, and many voices, especially in the media, will be pushing for you to do just that.

Please don't."
Or.......

Mr. Molson, it has been so long since the Stanley Cup was last raised on Montreal ice (by the Canadiens) that we do not even remember what its like to win it all and really dont care that much.

As long as you can assure that we finish in 8th place and get a first round playoff exit, we will worship the ground that the present crony leadership walks on..........even if those two gentlemen leading this team have no Canadiens history other than knowing Bob Gainey really well.

Signed,

Living with mediocrity as a Montreal fanboy.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Protest the Hero

Dear Mr. Molson, I swear I'm a Habs fan. Please finish last in the league so we can draft the hopefully not next Alexandre Daigle. I swear I'm a Habs fan, please trade away all the good players so the team is terrible. I'd rather finish last in the league than watch the team play in the playoffs, I swear I'm a Habs fan.

Go Leafs Go!

Signed,

a loyal Habs fan.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

my msg to Molson would be that I wish you could actually read this topic because everyone knows you wont. What a pointless thread. Boston has 2 more points too they should just blow the team up. Same with San Jose. Give me a break guys, get realistic and think that maybe this skid we're in is just a lesson to be learned so we can excel for the rest of the season.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Dear Mr. Molson, I swear I'm a Habs fan. Please finish last in the league so we can draft the hopefully not next Alexandre Daigle. I swear I'm a Habs fan, please trade away all the good players so the team is terrible. I'd rather finish last in the league than watch the team play in the playoffs, I swear I'm a Habs fan.

Go Leafs Go!

Signed,

a loyal Habs fan.
I love this post. Amazing

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Want to send a message to Mr. Molson, next time the habs are playing bad and falls behind by a couple of goals and your watching the game at the bell centre, just get up from your seat and leave, after you toss your hotdog a beer on the ice....
Hilarious

Some people want the Habs to tank for picks...

... and then the very same people get so upset when the Habs are low in the standings

Losing is so ugly!

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:19 PM
coolasprICE

dear molson

please continue to do what you're doing. hopefully nothing changes.

fan who does not want to be called a leaf lover,

coolasprICE

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:36 PM
PhysicX

Dear Molson.

I want cheap beer like in Poland please. Two 500ml. bottles of beer (~6%) for cheaper than 2 Canadian dollars. Can you get me some? Plus, it tastes so much better! I miss it...

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:45 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

The Habs have to start playing hockey again, IMO. I happened to watch a bit of the TB vs Buf game tonight and was impressed and excited by the aggressive, fast style. They looked like they really wanted to score some goals and win a hockey game. Excuse me, Mr Molson, but why doesn't our team do that?

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote