HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

10/25 - Bell returned to Whale

Old
10-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
if this is a ongoing Recalled/Sent down Thread then it can say Bell has been sent back to CT

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:32 AM
OverTheCap

Prucha was more versatile than Zuke. He could play on the bottom 6 no problem, he didn't look at all out of place playing on a 3rd line with Cullen and Ortmeyer. Despite his small stature, he forechecked hard, drove to the net, and wasn't afraid to deliver or absorb a hit.

Although I have seen MZA play like that at times, it hasn't been consistent. It's crucial for small players in this league to play bigger than they are. That's part of what has made smaller players like St. Louis so successful.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Prucha was more versatile than Zuke. He could play on the bottom 6 no problem, he didn't look at all out of place playing on a 3rd line with Cullen and Ortmeyer. Despite his small stature, he forechecked hard, drove to the net, and wasn't afraid to deliver or absorb a hit.

Although I have seen MZA play like that at times, it hasn't been consistent. It's crucial for small players in this league to play bigger than they are. That's part of what has made smaller players like St. Louis so successful.
Zuccarello definitely plays bigger than he is. I think we've all seen him dish out a few hits here and there and he never seems to fear going in to battles in the corners - he even wins them. He does not play small.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
in prucha's most productive season in the NHL he had 40 points in 79 games...zucc last season in the NHL he had 23 points in 42 games, and that was zucc not getting a ton of ice time and not playing as well as I think he is now, he seems more motivated and improved this season. In my opinion the 2 are different, zucc i believe has more talent, i think he is closer to a martin st. louis player than prucha.

That is just my opinion though. I think Zuke's is better than prucha, and I was a HUGE Prucha fan!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Zuccarello definitely plays bigger than he is. I think we've all seen him dish out a few hits here and there and he never seems to fear going in to battles in the corners - he even wins them. He does not play small.
I havent seen this on any regular basis whatsoever.

Not to mention, hes not a good skater by NHL standards, which is something thats usually helped with a smaller stature.

Its getting to the time to be prepared for Ranger fans to move on without Zuccarello being a significant part of future plans....and no, its not because he was handled poorly.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:35 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Not to mention, hes not a good skater by NHL standards, which is something thats usually helped with a smaller stature.

Its getting to the time to be prepared for Ranger fans to move on without Zuccarello being a significant part of future plans....and no, its not because he was handled poorly.
If so,then you better trade him for a pick. Or you gonna loose him for nothing.
With those salaryoffers his getting from eyrope,his not gonna stay in the A for long.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Good. He sucks.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:02 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

correct. his skating was always going to be his main issue.

on the larger surfaces in europe, where they play a more passive style, he can glide and stick handle more with room and that time allows him to get to full speed where he has time and space to stick handle and make nifty little passes. but here, his stop and start, first few step quickness is lacking causing an inabilty to get separation with the puck.

hes one of those guys that slows down with the puck. thats not good when you are small. in fact, hes very good at passing from behind the net where hes not even moving his feet. classic slow guy effectiveness i always say- guys who dont skate that well love to set up behind the net and dictate play from there.

hes fairly shifty to a degree because he has good hands but he's still too slow to be effective in the nhl against bigger, faster guys on smaller rinks.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote