HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Cammalleri

Old
10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
well then good thing HE his scoring then huh i know your not use to watching playoffs hockey being a kings fan but hey Cammy does work round that time check it out and who u trying to fool ne ways ? lots of teams would jump on him and throw a 1st and Prospect
Sorry, but Cammalleri doesn't make $6M on a good team. That is going to depress his value. Good teams are paying their #1 / #2 centers, top 4 defensemen, and #1 goalie that kind of money. Wingers that aren't game changers don't make that kind of money, and Cammalleri while being a good sniper, is not a game changer.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Cammalleri's $6M cap hit is really unappealing. Why a team would take on that cap hit and give up a 1st round draft pick to do so is beyond comprehension. The guy is a one-dimensional player. If he isn't scoring, he isn't doing anything to help the team win.
If you can't comprehend why a playoff team would want one of the best playoff snipers then you'll pretty much be lost on any convo you have on this forum.

6m cap hit for a guy who puts up goals in the post season and has only ever played badly after injuries and playing on our team in a terrible system for offensive players... yeah okay the way it looks right now 5m makes more sense, wait till a team like CGY gets him and he puts up 40-40-80, you won't be saying 6m is too much even after he puts up 15 goals in the playoffs let alone his regular season numbers.

The guy is a playoff beast and a 40g guy in the right circumstances, how anyone would try to argue that he's overpaid at 6 million is beyond my comprehension. In Montreal you have to overpay, and a team going for a cup run isn't going to give a damn about the difference of 1 million dollars for him to not be "overpaid". They're going to care about how Cammy scored his ass off and brought them to the cup.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Sorry, but Cammalleri doesn't make $6M on a good team. That is going to depress his value. Good teams are paying their #1 / #2 centers, top 4 defensemen, and #1 goalie that kind of money. Wingers that aren't game changers don't make that kind of money, and Cammalleri while being a good sniper, is not a game changer.
Tell that to the 09-10 playoffs squad that got to the ECF on the back of his 13 goals in 19 games, but hey, keep digging.

A guy who puts up a goal almost every game he's played in the post season and is PPG player in the post season isn't a game changer, okay there biased Kings fan who is hater and is just upset his cheap GM didn't shell out a 500k overpayment to keep one of the premiere snipers in the league who actually DOES produce in the playoffs

Face it Lombardi is a cheap *******, that's why he has to trade for players under good contracts in order to get them because he low balls good players into leaving or wanting out. Doesn't change the fact that Cammy is a game changer when it counts.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:16 AM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
never said he was a game changer and ill agree with you that hes overpaid but i still say Cammy in the playoffs is one of the best and that teams would throw a 1st and prospect at him,teams overpay for players all year long thats just how it is

Playoffs 09-10

19gp 13G 6A 19Pts

only players ahead of him were Philly and Hawks players wich were in the finals so more games played

Playoffs 10-11

7gp 3G 7A 10Pts

also a 49G season in Calgary

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:18 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Cammalleri is one of the more impressive playoff scorers out there and I think guys reallly underestimate the value of that. Think of it this way... Since coming over to the Habs, Cammi's playoff scoring pace per 82 games has him at 50 goals 38 assists and 88 points. Thats not a game changer? When the games really matter? Over 26 games in the playoffs with the Habs, he has 29 games. Next best is Gionta, with 20. Then Gomez with 18 and Pleks with 16. Only one guy has more than 6 GOALS during those 26 games (Gionta). So, besides Cammalleri, the Habs top 3 playoff scorers score at 63, 57, and 50 point paces, with only one guy scoring above a 19 goal pace... being Gionta at a 35 goal pace.
I know its just playoffs, and Cammalleri has been only OK in the regular season, but seriously... he has outperformed his counterparts massively. Without him, the Habs would have scored only 1.8 goals per playoff game. With him, they scored 2.4. Thats a pretty massive difference maker IMO.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Dharvey33

If Kaberle can fetch a first pick and a good prospect Cammalleri can certainly fetch a top tier prospect plus a 1st rounder.

Keep living in your dream world where prospect are worth more than a 28 years 35-40 goal scorer and a proven playoff performer.

The habs will keep Cammalleri thank you.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:34 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Change the 2nd round pick to Kyle Beach and I think I pull the trigger...
1st 2012, Beach, Stalberg

From the Hawks POV, this would be done. We'd have to send Olesz to Rockford to make room, but done.

Toews/Sharp/Brunette
Kane/Hossa/Cammalleri

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If Kaberle can fetch a first pick and a good prospect Cammalleri can certainly fetch a top tier prospect plus a 1st rounder.

Keep living in your dream world where prospect are worth more than a 28 years 35-40 goal scorer and a proven playoff performer.

This... I dont even see why people are suggesting this as a possibility. If the Habs rebuild they should build partially around Cammi. I think at most they should retool, tons of players are UFAs this year and if they trade them they could get 4 2nds while clearing tons of cap space. Then they have Leblanc, Palush, their 1st from this year step in immediately as well as a couple others, sign a few guys, and they'll be right on track.
That being said, I still think Habs make the playoffs or at least come extremely close. When Markov comes back I expect them to be a top 6 team in the East, and they'll improve without him regardless... Might not be enough to land a P.O birth if they continue to struggle for a bit longer but its certainly within reach.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Only time Cammy should be dealt is at the deadline if the habs are completely out of the playoff picture.

Guy has a turbo switch when the PO's come around. Trading him before the deadline is pointless and will get us less value.

The team that picks him up heading into the playoffs will look like ****ing geniuses.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:55 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
never said he was a game changer and ill agree with you that hes overpaid but i still say Cammy in the playoffs is one of the best and that teams would throw a 1st and prospect at him,teams overpay for players all year long thats just how it is

Playoffs 09-10

19gp 13G 6A 19Pts

only players ahead of him were Philly and Hawks players wich were in the finals so more games played

Playoffs 10-11

7gp 3G 7A 10Pts

also a 49G season in Calgary

I can go along with this. If his contract was up this season and the team acquiring Cammalleri did not have to make room for his contract until 2014 then I think it is easier for Montreal to deal him.

To those Montreal fans that think I am mistaken, I think you guys should hang on to him.

Old
10-25-2011, 11:57 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Tell that to the 09-10 playoffs squad that got to the ECF on the back of his 13 goals in 19 games, but hey, keep digging.

A guy who puts up a goal almost every game he's played in the post season and is PPG player in the post season isn't a game changer, okay there biased Kings fan who is hater and is just upset his cheap GM didn't shell out a 500k overpayment to keep one of the premiere snipers in the league who actually DOES produce in the playoffs

Face it Lombardi is a cheap *******, that's why he has to trade for players under good contracts in order to get them because he low balls good players into leaving or wanting out. Doesn't change the fact that Cammy is a game changer when it counts.
Which good players? Kopitar? Brown? Doughty? Johnson? Quick? Williams?

I don't think you have much of a case.

Old
10-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Macarthur + Colborne + Franson/Aulie + 2nd round pick

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:32 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

This.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:05 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Keep living in the world where Cammalleri is a 35-40 goal scorer. BTW, he has scored more than 30 goals twice and has never hit 40.

His most recent two seasons 19 and 26. That's a far cry from 35-40.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Sorry, but Cammalleri doesn't make $6M on a good team. That is going to depress his value. Good teams are paying their #1 / #2 centers, top 4 defensemen, and #1 goalie that kind of money.
Can you refresh my memory, I seem to remember a certain God awful player taking up over $6 million of cap space for the Kings the past two seasons, I seem to remember him being a winger?

Cammalleri is a two time 80 point player, a proven playoff performer with one of the best shots in the NHL. He is not overpaid, there was big demand from him from three teams the minute he hit UFA. If Montreal does decide to move him there will be big demand. Image this guy with a really good center.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Keep living in the world where Cammalleri is a 35-40 goal scorer. BTW, he has scored more than 30 goals twice and has never hit 40.

Cammalleri has been injured for more than 15 games in both of the last 2 seasons. he scored 39 with the flames it's not 40 but it's pretty darn close. He is a 30-40 goal scorer but he has injury problems (bad luck also i would say).

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Can you refresh my memory, I seem to remember a certain God awful player taking up over $6 million of cap space for the Kings the past two seasons, I seem to remember him being a winger?

Cammalleri is a two time 80 point player, a proven playoff performer with one of the best shots in the NHL. He is not overpaid, there was big demand from him from three teams the minute he hit UFA. If Montreal does decide to move him there will be big demand. Image this guy with a really good center.
1. Smyth wasn't god awful.

2. Smyth was not on a 5 year deal.

3. Whether you want to admit it or not Smyth provided some leadership and taught Kopitar some things he needed to learn. About the only thing Cammalleri had to teach Kopitar was how to invest in beach real estate.

4. Cammalleri, pfffft. Yeah, he broke 80 points twice. What did he do in the other seasons? Didn't even break 60 points in any of those seasons. Best player on a not-so-good team. Someone was right when they said that. He is overpaid, even had a Habs an admit to that. He is paid like a player that consistently gets 70 points a season, which he isn't.

Quote:
Cammalleri has been injured for more than 15 games in both of the last 2 seasons. he scored 39 with the flames it's not 40 but it's pretty darn close. He is a 30-40 goal scorer but he has injury problems (bad luck also i would say).
I see, if you're injured production doesn't matter. He has scored more than 30 twice over the span of a 6-7 year career. That doesn't make him a 35-40 goal scorer.

Last edited by KINGS17: 10-25-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
3. Cammalleri, pfffft. Best player on a not-so-good team. Someone was right when they said that.
The Canadiens are definitely not a "not-so-good" team. As evident by recent, consistent results, the Canadiens are in the top-half of the east. It's the players that tuned out the coach (like the Flyers tuning out Stevens) and when JM gets fired the Habs will be back to being a top team.

I know the playoffs are hard to grasp as a Kings fan but you sound like a cheapskate Dean Lombardi acolyte.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:34 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
The Canadiens are definitely not a "not-so-good" team. As evident by recent, consistent results, the Canadiens are in the top-half of the east. It's the players that tuned out the coach (like the Flyers tuning out Stevens) and when JM gets fired the Habs will be back to being a top team.

I know the playoffs are hard to grasp as a Kings fan but you sound like a cheapskate Dean Lombardi acolyte.
I know making the playoffs in the Eastern Conference is not really that big an accomplishment compared to making them in the West, but I still think the Kings make the playoffs more often than the Habs over the next 6-8 seasons. That's what Lombardi has built in LA. Um yeah, he sucks.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:

Put him next to Sedin, Thornton or Toews (who is a playoff beast) and he would be. I love Plekanec but he is not at their level. Cammalleri is further hindered in productivity by a heavily emphasized defensive system that Montreal has employed the past two seasons. When he played with Iginla, he netted 80 points. Montreal has never had that super star player to compliment him, whereas other teams do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
1st 2012, Beach, Stalberg

From the Hawks POV, this would be done. We'd have to send Olesz to Rockford to make room, but done.

Toews/Sharp/Brunette
Kane/Hossa/Cammalleri
I'd honestly consider this and very likely pull the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessel>Seguin + View Post
Macarthur + Colborne + Franson/Aulie + 2nd round pick
If Toronto is a playoff team, then I'd want a first back from them in order to move Cammalleri. Franson really has no value for us given the surplus of defensive prospect we have.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:45 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Put him next to Sedin, Thornton or Toews (who is a playoff beast) and he would be. I love Plekanec but he is not at their level. Cammalleri is further hindered in productivity by a heavily emphasized defensive system that Montreal has employed the past two seasons. When he played with Iginla, he netted 80 points. Montreal has never had that super star player to compliment him, whereas other teams do.

I'd honestly consider this and very likely pull the trigger.

If Toronto is a playoff team, then I'd want a first back from them in order to move Cammalleri. Franson really has no value for us given the surplus of defensive prospect we have.
Put him there making $4.25M a season instead of $6M, and I think he is worth it. Cammalleri can be a role player on a good team that can hide his lack of size, which is a liability, and the defensive zone limitations that come with it.

I just think his value isn't as great in a trade this season because after this season he still has another year to go on a $6M cap hit. Most good teams don't have that kind of room under their cap the next season.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
This is one of the first threads I can remember where a response to a player being an 80 point guy is "pffft" and "one-dimensional" is in reference to a guy who plays regularly on a top 10 PK unit.

Unbelievable.

What matters most is Cammalleri's playoff production, and that's as good as it gets. If I ran the Montreal club, I'd just keep him. You will never find a player to replace somebody that pulls in more than a point per playoff game. That kind of production is impossible to replace. There would be no lack of suitors because teams are always looking for guys that can rack up goals in big games, but that said, Montreal would soon be looking for one of those guys and they're hard to find. Just keep him.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
This is one of the first threads I can remember where a response to a player being an 80 point guy is "pffft" and "one-dimensional" is in reference to a guy who plays regularly on a top 10 PK unit.

Unbelievable.

What matters most is Cammalleri's playoff production, and that's as good as it gets. If I ran the Montreal club, I'd just keep him. You will never find a player to replace somebody that pulls in more than a point per playoff game. That kind of production is impossible to replace. There would be no lack of suitors because teams are always looking for guys that can rack up goals in big games, but that said, Montreal would soon be looking for one of those guys and they're hard to find. Just keep him.
He is more of a 60 point player than he is an 80 point player. Check his numbers.

Old
10-25-2011, 02:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The problem is the that Habs are already over the quota for players that can't even reach their name tags on their lockers.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
He is more of a 60 point player than he is an 80 point player. Check his numbers.
I've seen them. I think he suffers from playing with a lot of other small players. That's the situation he's stuck in but with a big body on the ice he would return to a 75-80 point production level.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote