HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

TFP and Ottawa Sun: Kostitsyn available to be traded

Old
10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

vCash: 500
Awards:
Bouwmeester would get torn to shreds if he was traded here. People clamoring for a difference-maker and more toughness and then get the complete antithesis of both of those in JBo

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Garrioch sucks.

On the subject I think the Habs will wait until Markov comes back from Florida before trading for another defenseman.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Bouwmeester would get torn to shreds if he was traded here. People clamoring for a difference-maker and more toughness and then get the complete antithesis of both of those in JBo
Not a Bouwmeester fan either.

Hamrlik was a better D-man than JayBo. Stats-wise anyway.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
missthenet

Make trades at the trade deadline and load up with draft picks. First a new ooach and GM that have vision.

=Plekamaniac;38446233]Not sure why everyone is surprised.

Kostitsyn is not going to stay in MTL past this year, and we will just lose him to UFA without getting anything in return.

It is time to re-build and acquire picks/prospects for our players.[/QUOTE]

missthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
trading AK means Tanking
What a bunch of garbage!!!

Trading him means nothing more than taking a marginal asset and trading him to shore up your biggest weakness.

Professional orginizations don't tank....its called PRIDE!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Ginu

The problem with this team is that everyone plays the same style. You have to be able to change things up in-game and we can't. Guys like Steckel and Winchester were available, among others. They don't have to be game changers, they just have to give our top players the confidence. Whether it's winning faceoffs, crashing the net, or providing some intimidation to the other team. These guys don't cost a lot. The opportunities are there, it's just our management's inability to accept that they need these guys.

We got smacked around by Boston last February. We got knocked around by Philadelphia the year before in the playoffs. We're getting owned this year. We need a change of personnel on the ice. Our management will just never accept it.

Getting rid of Kostitsyn will do ***** all.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Dumping our draft picks in a deep draft year to patch things up deserves a psych ward internment... Under the circumstances, trading AKost looks better.

Although he would need to be replaced with someone at least his size and physicality... If not, we'll be able to drop the Mtl Americans label, it'll be the Mtl Vertically Challenged...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
We need to clean house and start from scratch. Dump the dead weight and then dump PG and JM and start a new. I wish we could lure the Bowmans out of Chi town to run the show for the HABS and bring us back to respectability, Steve Shutt always said Bowman was the one guy you hated for 364 days a year and the day you recieved your ring you loved him. That is what we need.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Jakomyte

Well, the Sun article was written by Garrioch, and the TFP article just says "according to the Ottawa Sun", so I'm not too worried.

Its typical for these columnists to look at a team that is doing poorly, then make assumptions based on what they think the team needs and who they think is expendable. I don't see how PG could deem Kostitsyn as tradable right now, unless he finds a way to rip off another GM.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:51 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
The best Habs line this year... DD-Max-AK... lasted 2 games.

The best Habs line during the past two games... Eller-Moen-AK... no pp time and sitting on the bench in the last minutes of the game.

If I'm Andrei, I'm praying to get the f... away from JM.
Isn't it funny that AK has been on the Habs best line for most of the games this year, but like you said, no PP time for him.

If we're going to lose him at the end of the season might as well start shopping him now and try to get the best deal we can for him. It may not be much but it's better than getting nothing in July.

I kinda look forward to see AK play in another system than JM's.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Young Gun

Trade him, if he gets another contract with the habs, we're screwed, he'll just go back to his lazy ass ways. Ak for chris neal

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:55 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kostitsyn and a 5th for Sarich.

Book it.

Ribeiro for Niiniimaa all over again.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Avim86

Is there a way to ignore posts from some people...Just getting kinda tired of hearing 13 years old spew garbage like "get this bum out of here" , "lazy shows up 1 out of 10 games" .... unwarranted garbage and I'm not going to start justifying myself or Kostitsyn.

Avim86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hmmm...

I don't think we are one guy away from reversing our fourtunes. Our problems see more widespread. If we were to trade A.Kost I hope it will be for futrue prospects. A.Kost is always in these rumours and if we're not going to keep him long term than it's a good time to act.

PG has to act responsible for the long term future and not make any rash moves that handicap us going forward.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:01 PM
JLP
чудесный Монреаль

When the Habs start shopping an underused young guy other GMs now know he'd likely lead their team in scoring -- see Ribeiro / Grabovski / Sergei / Latendresse. So there may be something of a bidding war for AK...

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:03 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

The most interesting line in that article is the one implying there is no time frame to see Markov on the ice again.

So Gauthier couldn't see injuries coming on the D? Not like he hasn't been affiliated with the team the last couple of years before becoming GM. Not like the D hasn't had any injuries PG the last three years. Not like Markov hasn't been injured the last couple of years PG.

Sign Hal Gill (because Josh Gorges said so)
Sign Emelin (have no problem w/ Emelin)
Sign Diaz (have no problem w/ Diaz)
Let Hamrlik walk (the most durable player the Habs have had the last 4 years.)
Let Wiz walk (there goes another point shot the Habs always need.)
Sign Woywitka
Sign Campoli
Woywitka gets picked off.
Campoli gets injured.
Someday Markov may be back.

Where's Paul Mara?

Goodbye whatever pick(s) the Habs have left or worse goodbye AK46. Sad, sadder, saddest. Gauthier failed with the D this past summer.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
-- see Ribeiro / Grabovski / Sergei / Latendresse. ...
I don't think anyone will be surprised when AK's production spikes once he's elsewhere...

Old
10-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Trade away a goal scorer for more D? What the hell is the point of that?!

We have like 13 NHL defencemen already. Our biggest problem is that we're not scoring enough. Price will wake up soon and he'll keep us in the games, we just need to give some ****ing goal support!

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
The most interesting line in that article is the one implying there is no time frame to see Markov on the ice again.

So Gauthier couldn't see injuries coming on the D? Not like he hasn't been affiliated with the team the last couple of years before becoming GM. Not like the D hasn't had any injuries PG the last three years. Not like Markov hasn't been injured the last couple of years PG.

Sign Hal Gill (because Josh Gorges said so)
Sign Emelin (have no problem w/ Emelin)
Sign Diaz (have no problem w/ Diaz)
Let Hamrlik walk (the most durable player the Habs have had the last 4 years.)
Let Wiz walk (there goes another point shot the Habs always need.)
Sign Woywitka
Sign Campoli
Woywitka gets picked off.
Campoli gets injured.
Someday Markov may be back.

Where's Paul Mara?

Goodbye whatever pick(s) the Habs have left or worse goodbye AK46. Sad, sadder, saddest. Gauthier failed with the D this past summer.
This post is where I'm at with the season to date. I mean PG must be sweating bullets. He's holding the smoking gun that may have shot our season. That gun being his choices this summer.

And I like that you captured the injury situation fairly well. PG's signings flew in the face of conventional wisdome when you think about it and that's ok if every thing works out for you... pretty dangerous when you go out on a limb and loose though.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Kostitsyn and a 5th for Sarich.

Book it.

Ribeiro for Niiniimaa all over again.
uggg that's exactly the kind of trade I'm fearing right now.

had to know going into the season that Kost would be on the block at some point, clearly isn't a JM/PG "type" of player, nor has he been consistent enough to be considered a "must re-sign"...

the best hope would be that he had a solid season or went on a big tear at some point and a big offer came down the pipes.

to move him now, where he is playing well, but the team is in a free-fall and PG's desperation will have opposing GM's sensing the blood in the water, is risky.

I'll say it now, so no one accuses me of just "bashing" management for the sake of it, if we don't get either:

- a 1st + prospsect (quality depending on high good the 1st projects to be)
- part of a large deal for a clear upgrade (top-4 d on decent contract, top-6 fwd on decent contract, both reasonably expected to maintain level of play, as opposed to being in midst of steep decline, like Sarich) or blue-chip prospect/young player

anything short of that, you keep him and wait till february to take advantage of the highest bidder at the deadline... Penner's return should be the expectation.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:15 PM
ChoseLa

Would you trade Cammy for Jay Bo? The money is about the same, and CGY might want the chemistry that Cammy had with Big Iggy.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

I can already see the negotiations regarding AK:

GM-His numbers are really not that good.

PG-But...but..., he only gets the random shift on the PP. He often plays on the 3rd line with poor linemates.

GM-So you're telling me you have a weak offence, no PP and he can't crack your top 6.

PG-...

GM-I'm sorry but you'll need to throw in a pick with him.

Old
10-25-2011, 12:21 PM
JLP
чудесный Монреаль

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I don't think anyone will be surprised when AK's production spikes once he's elsewhere...
I would bet money on it. Currently AK is first in even-strength points and third in hits. It's just irrational for a soft team that can't score to want to move someone like him. Oh, and he's 12th in ice time .

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Is there a way to ignore posts from some people...Just getting kinda tired of hearing 13 years old spew garbage like "get this bum out of here" , "lazy shows up 1 out of 10 games" .... unwarranted garbage and I'm not going to start justifying myself or Kostitsyn.
Click on the poster's name and choose "Add to ignore list" from the drop-down menu.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Waste. Keep AK or at least figure out his salary demands. Replacing him would cost more than keeping him.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote