HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time

vCash: 500
Hey, if you care about your jerseys and have some pride in your collection like I do, sweat the details. Jerseys and getting them lettered adds up after a while, might as well get them done right so you get your money's worth. That's just me though. As long as you're happy I'm happy.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs Hockey Podcast View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about Avalanche jerseys since you posted here. The best thing to do is get a legitimate blank jersey (authentic or replica) on eBay and then send that jersey to Denver Athletic here in Denver. They letter the Avalanche jerseys the team wears on the ice and they're the only place that you can send your jersey where you know it's going to be done right. There are other places that will letter Avalanche jerseys, but DA is the only place that can get the curve on the nameplate correct.

If you have questions about DA jerseys just let me know. I can definitely help if you need it!
Seems like an awful lot of work! Thanks for the tips though. Will probably do this sometime this season.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Seems like an awful lot of work! Thanks for the tips though. Will probably do this sometime this season.
A lot of work, but knowing your jersey will be perfect is definitely worth it.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Damn dude, just giving you a little crap. Didn't mean for you to take it so personal.

Old
10-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Picked up the Forsberg patch at the arena tonight. Pretty cool patch but not as nice as the Sakic patch. It was 20 bucks though...a little on the steep side...for a simple patch.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Picked up the Forsberg patch at the arena tonight. Pretty cool patch but not as nice as the Sakic patch. It was 20 bucks though...a little on the steep side...for a simple patch.
Pretty cool night last night. Hope you had fun. I had a great time, except for the outcome. Grab a puck too. They look great next to the banners we got and the patch as well.

http://www.altitudeauthentics.com/p-...game-puck.aspx

Old
10-09-2011, 03:39 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Is "Fans Edge" a good place to buy a customized jersey? I had to cancel my Landeskog order at IceJerseys.com because I had placed the order on 8/31/11 and was told that my order would most likely ship 10/1/11...well, 10/6 comes and I've heard nothing, so I emailed them, they said it MAY be another 2-4 weeks...so I just cancelled the order...that was the 2nd time I had attempted to order something from IceJerseys.com and had to cancel because of incorrect shipping times.

Also, to anyone who went to the game last night, were they selling Landeskog jerseys at the Altitude Authentics store?

Old
10-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Is "Fans Edge" a good place to buy a customized jersey? I had to cancel my Landeskog order at IceJerseys.com because I had placed the order on 8/31/11 and was told that my order would most likely ship 10/1/11...well, 10/6 comes and I've heard nothing, so I emailed them, they said it MAY be another 2-4 weeks...so I just cancelled the order...that was the 2nd time I had attempted to order something from IceJerseys.com and had to cancel because of incorrect shipping times.

Also, to anyone who went to the game last night, were they selling Landeskog jerseys at the Altitude Authentics store?
I would have Denver Athletic do the customization especially with a long name like Landeskog. Most places will screw up the curve on the nameplate and it'll look really bad.

Old
10-09-2011, 03:48 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1greg View Post
I would have Denver Athletic do the customization especially with a long name like Landeskog. Most places will screw up the curve on the nameplate and it'll look really bad.
I understand that the preferred place is Denver Athletic as said by many posters here. But I don't have a blank jersey to provide them, and their website doesn't even list that they sell hockey jerseys.

And being that I live in KS, we have next to no hockey items here, let alone any team specific apparell to buy.

But I appreciate the reply.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

Quote:
I understand that the preferred place is Denver Athletic as said by many posters here. But I don't have a blank jersey to provide them, and their website doesn't even list that they sell hockey jerseys.

And being that I live in KS, we have next to no hockey items here, let alone any team specific apparell to buy.

But I appreciate the reply.
Order your jersey somewhere else then ship it to DA. I couldn't find any pics of Landeskog jerseys online, but if you look at ebay there's a ton of bad Forsberg customization jobs out there so doing a Landeskog jersey is going to be require someone who knows what they are doing.

Old
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1greg View Post
Order your jersey somewhere else then ship it to DA. I couldn't find any pics of Landeskog jerseys online, but if you look at ebay there's a ton of bad Forsberg customization jobs out there so doing a Landeskog jersey is going to be require someone who knows what they are doing.
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind doing that...and may still do that...I was just wanting a Lando jersey for when I see the Avs take on the Oilers on 10/28 and the Kings on 10/30

So, again, does anyone know if the Altitude Authentics store had any of his jerseys on Saturday, or if anyone knows they'll be stocking them by 10/28?

Old
10-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

I can't remember for certain. But I'm pretty sure they at least had the replicas. Dunno if they had Authentics.

Best idea would be to call them and see.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:47 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
I can't remember for certain. But I'm pretty sure they at least had the replicas. Dunno if they had Authentics.

Best idea would be to call them and see.
That's a good idea...surprisingly I'm an idiot and didn't think of calling them...

And I don't have the money to spring for an Authentic (though I'd like one) so a Premier Replica would be fine for me.

Old
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
That's a good idea...surprisingly I'm an idiot and didn't think of calling them...

And I don't have the money to spring for an Authentic (though I'd like one) so a Premier Replica would be fine for me.
I hear ya...300+ is a bit much.

Old
10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Double post

Old
10-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Pretty cool night last night. Hope you had fun. I had a great time, except for the outcome. Grab a puck too. They look great next to the banners we got and the patch as well.

http://www.altitudeauthentics.com/p-...game-puck.aspx

Does anyone know anywhere else I could pick one of these pucks up? or if they're even still for sale at the stadium. Altitude Authentics is sold out and the ones on eBay are going for $75.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-16-2011, 12:32 AM
billybobjoe1881

vCash: 50
Does anybody buy jerseys from Icejerseys.com? I am thinking of buying a Landeskog jersey from them since I don't want to have to pay for shipping from Canada to Denver to get a jersey embroidered.

Old
10-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Blue Dragon

Quote:

By rocklobst3r at 2011-09-06
Dude, you need to wash it to get that stain out!

Old
10-16-2011, 03:03 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
Does anybody buy jerseys from Icejerseys.com? I am thinking of buying a Landeskog jersey from them since I don't want to have to pay for shipping from Canada to Denver to get a jersey embroidered.
I've bought from them before but it's been 5-6 years. They did a good job on the two I ordered....a Heritage Classic Claude Lemieux and CBJ Pre-Lockout Rick Nash 3rd Jersey.

They were not Avs Jerseys though so I don't know if they get the arch on the name plate 1000% correct. It may be off a millimeter or two

Old
10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
billybobjoe1881

vCash: 50
Oh no it's gonna be off by half a centimeter. No way in hell I'm gonna buy from them.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time

Quote:
They were not Avs Jerseys though so I don't know if they get the arch on the name plate 1000% correct. It may be off a millimeter or two
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
Oh no it's gonna be off by half a centimeter. No way in hell I'm gonna buy from them.
Good to see you guys are starting to sweat the small details.

And check with River City Sports billybobjoe. Maybe they can help you: https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/v...ode=&startAt=1

Old
10-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Does anyone know anywhere else I could pick one of these pucks up? or if they're even still for sale at the stadium. Altitude Authentics is sold out and the ones on eBay are going for $75.
Looks like the prices on eBay have come down to about $30. That's not too bad.

Old
10-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

Quote:
Good to see you guys are starting to sweat the small details.

And check with River City Sports billybobjoe. Maybe they can help you: https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/v...ode=&startAt=1
People can laugh at the serious avs jersey collectors all they want about getting the nameplate done right, but if you just browse ebay you will see some really bad jobs out there on avs jerseys. Unless you're getting a ROY jersey done, the curve and font can look really bad by those done by other companies. The more letters in the name the harder it is to get it right. I've seen tons of bad SAKIC nameplates and FORSBERG is of course even harder. I'm sure that there's going to be a lot of really bad LANDESKOG customization jobs done if you don't get it done right.

If you're paying some other company 50 bucks or more to get your jersey customized, you might as well spend the extra bucks to get it done right. Jerseys can last a long time its worth it to send it to denver athletic over places like shop.nhl.com and other online retailers.

Old
10-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Looks like the prices on eBay have come down to about $30. That's not too bad.
Yeah, should have came back and said I got one for $32 including shipping. Very happy with it.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
tucker3434

Do they sell customized Authentics in the Pepsi center? If so, roughly how much do they run? I may have to pick up a souvenir on my trip there in dec.

Closed Thread