HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT CBJ vs Detroit | 10/25 7PM EDT | Epic Fail Curse Breaker Part II

Old
10-25-2011, 11:41 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Well what the hell. I figure no team can go 0-81-1. They gotta win a game sometime; why not tonight?

Columbus 2
Detroit 1

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:44 AM
CBJwheel

Just one year I'd like Columbus to beat Detroit in their six game series.

I don't see them winning tonight. 4-2 Wings

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
Maybe I'm just inattentive but wth happened to Jeff Carter? All I recall is he had a hairline fracture of the foot, and was day-to-day. Now it's like he's dropped off the ****ing planet. Call me paranoid but I find something very shady about the lack of progress reports. Makes me think either management has already thrown in the towel on this season and is playing it ultra-conservative with his foot because theyre in no rush... or that more is going on with Carter than just his foot.
Quote:
Then maybe it's even worse, and Jeff's foot is more screwed up then they're letting on, and they're just delaying the announcement that he's out 4-6 or something... Nothing can go right for this team, everything MUST go wrong.
There's nothing shady. It's basically a hairline fracture to the top of his foot, so there's some swelling and quite a bit of pain that goes with it. The foot has a huge number of bones and muscles in it, so an injury to any one of them can cause problems with all of the other ones.

There's nothing to do except wait for the pain and swelling to subside a bit, which could be tomorrow and it could be next week.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Nope. 4 games this week means no coaching change until there's a break of more than 2 days.

After the Ducks game would be the most logical time to make the move. If they are still winless or even if they only have a single win, I wouldn't be surprised to see a move at that point.
I doubt anyone gets fired before the season ends, it's simply not the MO of the organization (firing people before an extended-extended time of losing).

Detroit should win but one never knows, I do like Conklin, liked him before he came to Columbus that one season. Wiz will make a difference, how much difference is the key.. In order to win the Jackets will need to score 4 goals with Mason in net.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

I'll add a video too...

(slightly NSFW)

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

anyone in need of tickets for the game tonight.....i'm selling mine...you don't want to miss seeing the 1st cbj win live.........CBJ win 7-2 with a hatty from Prospal

CentreKeeper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:32 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlood1 View Post
anyone in need of tickets for the game tonight.....i'm selling mine...you don't want to miss seeing the 1st cbj win live.........CBJ win 7-2 with a hatty from Prospal
Almost worth the drive from Cleveland tonight!

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Maybe I'm just inattentive but wth happened to Jeff Carter? All I recall is he had a hairline fracture of the foot, and was day-to-day. Now it's like he's dropped off the ****ing planet. Call me paranoid but I find something very shady about the lack of progress reports. Makes me think either management has already thrown in the towel on this season and is playing it ultra-conservative with his foot because theyre in no rush... or that more is going on with Carter than just his foot.
Holy over reaction.

@Aportzline #CBJ Jeff Carter had x-rays =sent to doctor who performed surgery when he was w #Flyers. All agree Carter can play when pain subsides.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I believe VICTORY!!!

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Rimers stache

we lose 8-2

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:52 PM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Holy over reaction.

@Aportzline #CBJ Jeff Carter had x-rays =sent to doctor who performed surgery when he was w #Flyers. All agree Carter can play when pain subsides.
Oh awesome. So the only way to stay on top of player progress now is to embrace the almighty Twitter... God I hate technology sometimes. Couldn't they be bothered to throw information like this in at the end of one of Hunter's bipolar offday columns?

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:08 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Oh awesome. So the only way to stay on top of player progress now is to embrace the almighty Twitter... God I hate technology sometimes. Couldn't they be bothered to throw information like this in at the end of one of Hunter's bipolar offday columns?
News papers are dead for a reason.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:18 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

The Jackets rarely fail to disappoint when: 1.) it's a big game, 2.) the fans have a glimmer of hope or excitement, 3.) we're outnumbered in our own building. Wings 5, Jackets 1.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:18 PM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Says the guy using the internet to communicate with others over a message board.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Don't forget, this Wings team lost 7-1 the other night in Washington. This is one of the best teams in the NHL, and they're going to be in a bad mood. If the Jackets show their same compete level, they'll get blown right out of the building.

All we can hope for is a renewed sense of competitiveness, and James Wisniewski somehow turning our terrible defense corps around.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:29 PM
aRussian

I know a large Wings contingent that'll be going. I won't be joining them to go to the game though. I don't like being mocked out of our own building all the time. Doesn't feel like "our house".

Anyway, I'll be there on the other end of the tube. Expecting more of the same; prove me wrong

Last edited by aRussian: 10-25-2011 at 01:38 PM.
aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:16 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

We must win I do not have Diazepam

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM
61ncville

Still really sick, hoping the boys can cheer me up tonight and get a W. Cause its really hard yelling at the tv when you feel like poop. Come on Boys BELIEVE TRAIN style.

Time for my boy RIck to "Rick Roll" these dou che bags from michigan. Can someone pull up the video and get this believe train rolling? We need all the help we can get baby. cough cough

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

we win to dispell the nash trade rumors that came out on twitter today

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Matt

Remember, Jacket's opposition always wins when their backup goalie starts.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
FANonymous

Think how much easier things would be if we were all cats instead of CBJ fans.

Definitely NSFW, btw

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 4100
Working tonight but will watch when I get home. Expecting a win. Yes, A Blue jacket win. Call me crazy but that is why you play the games

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
Says the guy using the internet to communicate with others over a message board.
First, internet message boards have been around since the beginning of the Jackets, and most of us having been posting about the CBJ on one board or another since at least 2001. Second, the existence of internet message boards has not made defunct other means of socializing and conversing with other hockey fans - like going to R Bar before or after the game. Saying you can't hate the "Twitter revolution" and the constant relocation of actual social interactions into the "Twitterverse" because you use the internet is very much like saying you can't dislike it because you use a cell phone. It's similar to saying you can't be "poor" if you own a refrigerator or a pair of shoes... KIND OF a stretch.

On another note, a true story: I bought a very fine cigar on October 10th in anticipation of lighting it up to celebrate the CBJ's first win of the season. I still have it, and since I don't own a humidor it is now sitting in a drawer, drying out and becoming stale and worthless.

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
CBJCougar

Gawd, you bunch of quitters.

STOP IT!! You wanna rag on the team for lack of performance. Look around here!! Geeze. SUCK IT UP PEOPLE! We've got....hold on....(82-8)...NINETY PERCENT of the season left. Since when did 10% mean squat?? I don't get excited when I see something for sale ten percent off.

Come on...

Come sit with me and cheer these guys on...

You ever felt like everybody hates you? Nobody believes in you? You SUCK? Yeah....

So grab your wagons and circle around. You're tougher than you know. So are they.

Let's Go Jackets!!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:06 PM
kshymkiw

Quote:
First, internet message boards have been around since the beginning of the Jackets, and most of us having been posting about the CBJ on one board or another since at least 2001. Second, the existence of internet message boards has not made defunct other means of socializing and conversing with other hockey fans - like going to R Bar before or after the game. Saying you can't hate the "Twitter revolution" and the constant relocation of actual social interactions into the "Twitterverse" because you use the internet is very much like saying you can't dislike it because you use a cell phone. It's similar to saying you can't be "poor" if you own a refrigerator or a pair of shoes... KIND OF a stretch.

On another note, a true story: I bought a very fine cigar on October 10th in anticipation of lighting it up to celebrate the CBJ's first win of the season. I still have it, and since I don't own a humidor it is now sitting in a drawer, drying out and becoming stale and worthless.

There is more social media than just twitter. It is an effective tool at getting messages out to a large mass of people quickly, and effectively.

You could store it in my humidor, but I am in Cleveland