HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

TFP and Ottawa Sun: Kostitsyn available to be traded

Old
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Hes been good this season but i doubt he comes back next season and it would be nice trading a player when he has good value instead of trading struggling player and getting hosed

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Get a new hero, your current one hasn't done much to make him a cornerstone of this franchise.
Who has?

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Would you trade Cammy for Jay Bo? The money is about the same, and CGY might want the chemistry that Cammy had with Big Iggy.
Jaybo's cap hit is almost 7mil a year.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Bouwmeester would get torn to shreds if he was traded here. People clamoring for a difference-maker and more toughness and then get the complete antithesis of both of those in JBo
depends on the deal i think...

if we moved either Gomez, or two of Spacek/Cole/Gionta in the process, I think that we'd be better, and fans would quickly appreciate JBo for what he does bring (or at the very least appreciate that the team is better while spending the same amount of money).

I want us to upgrade physically more than most, but a workhorse like JBo is a valuable asset... Although people expected better production offensively from him in Calgary, reality is that his only drop off has been in PP production, which is a combo of CGY not having a great pp & the focus not being on him the way it was in Florida.

Barnaby's comments last year were true, but exaggerated. JBo may not be tough to play against in a physical sense, but his skating, reach, positioning, & experience/smarts make him a very effective player in his own zone.

I think he'd actually be a great fit for our team right now, and the kind of player that can be a great fit in most systems.

Pair him with Subban and you might have a perfect pairing...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Bouwmeester would get torn to shreds if he was traded here. People clamoring for a difference-maker and more toughness and then get the complete antithesis of both of those in JBo
I would trade Gomez for JayBo though. I mean, more complicated than that obviously. Say Calgary says Gomez+AK for Jaybo and stajan i'd do it I guess. Unlikely they offer that though.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Would you trade Cammy for Jay Bo? The money is about the same, and CGY might want the chemistry that Cammy had with Big Iggy.
Nah, too much money for what he brings imo. If we get a D that's over 5 mil a season, it's got to be somebody who can play with Markov on the pp, Bouwmeester has no slapshot.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:28 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
i understand why they are on the trading block, but it would be a colossal mistake to trade AK. period. especially now.

i mean, why the **** would you trade your most physical forward? and complain about his consistency all you want but he has been pretty consistently good since the second half of last season and he's having a great season so far.

there is no way PG can muster a return good enough for AK, now at least, good enough to make it worth our while.

a panicky move to shore up our devastated D is retarded

besides, and i think it's only a matter of time before JM gets canned and we see AK really flourish.

and i'd like to add that i do want to see AK resigned and i don't really understand why people say he woudln't resign here, for a decent price,

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Nah, too much money for what he brings imo. If we get a D that's over 5 mil a season, it's got to be somebody who can play with Markov on the pp, Bowmeester has no slapshot.
He's a shutdown d-man with size. May not put up major points but he's a younger, better, bigger, faster hamrlik. Never injured either.

Old
10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
depends on the deal i think...

if we moved either Gomez, or two of Spacek/Cole/Gionta in the process, I think that we'd be better, and fans would quickly appreciate JBo for what he does bring (or at the very least appreciate that the team is better while spending the same amount of money).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I would trade Gomez for JayBo though. I mean, more complicated than that obviously. Say Calgary says Gomez+AK for Jaybo and stajan i'd do it I guess. Unlikely they offer that though.
Well yes, if it involved getting rid of Gomez, even I'd be in favor of that and I think most here would be too

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Calgary might be interested to know that Gomez is also really good at attracting blue-chip Free Agents.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
And we're getting kinda tired of hearing fanboys like you telling us to "wait another year" for Andrei like you've been doing for almost 10 years now. It works both ways.
Wait for what? For hindsight to kick in? All the detractors all have one thing in common they compare him to his draft year and what could have been. While he has not had 1 regression since being drafted , essentially adding different dimensions to his game while being kept on the team while everybody else except for Plekanec/Markov all have been traded away from the same team that made it to 1st in the East. Notice a pattern there , maybe just maybe , people get tired of other posters claiming he is useless when he has been the only thing close to consistency we've had in the last 5 years. 20-25 goals per season consistently , same for top in hits , while being one of the only skill players on this team that keeps getting toggled through the 1st and 4th line consistently never due to direct actions on the ice (to wake up Gomez last season , to help Kovalev produce best season in years for Kovy was being centre by Pleks and Kostitsyn playing the back of the net and finding perimeter Kovalev for goals.)
How about you back up your arguments with some facts rather then sounding like some clone version of Benoit Brunet/Mario Tremblay.

Fun Fact : Kostitsyn was tied for 1st in GW goals last year , how is that possible I thought he didn't care about this team and was lazy...

WIth 191 pts in 334 games/19 pts in 41 playoff games only in Montreal can we claim this guy is a bust.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
paddy

I don't remember who, but someone on these boards mentionned it the day Gauthier took over from Gainey : all PG did in Ottawa was getting rid of assets for patchwork. I'm starting to believe that from his moves over the past few years.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I don't think anyone will be surprised when AK's production spikes once he's elsewhere...
I'd be more surprised if it doesn't. Higgins and Halak are probably the only guys I thought would do well after being dealt but never did (yet).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'd be more surprised if it doesn't. Higgins and Halak are probably the only guys I thought would do well after being dealt but never did (yet).
JM's system is usually beneficial to goalies sv% because of the increase of saveable shots from outside the perimeter... I have no clue what happened to Higgins...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
When the Habs start shopping an underused young guy other GMs now know he'd likely lead their team in scoring -- see Ribeiro / Grabovski / Sergei / Latendresse. So there may be something of a bidding war for AK...
The only way AK46 is getting moved is for an overpayment.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
The only way AK46 is getting moved is for an overpayment.
...by the Habs you mean ? Gauthier might get a 2rd rounder, maybe...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:04 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Its likely they move Andrei since he likely won't stay past this year (lets be honest one second - will he re-sign here? I can think ''no'' for all sorts of reasons).

I'm pretty sure he'll break out then, since his new team will give him every chance to succeed, as is customary when you acquire a new offensive player. That is unless he's signed by Jacques Martin's new team, were he won't get any PP time and will get thrown under the bus after 4 games.

Still it might be a good idea to trade him but as a rental, for prospects and/or picks so we don't lose him for nothing like it happened too often in this org.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Bobo420

Gotta be realistic here, Habs aren't making a cup run this season, I'll be furious if we trade AK for a vet with a year left on his contract.

Bobo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:09 PM
PunkinDrublic*

AK is definitely one in the room that doesn't get along with JM.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

Ak should be given an extension at a fair price. He currently makes 3.25 mil a year. Offer him 10.5 over 3 years. 3.5 mil/year. That's a steal, I'd consider him wanting more. Joel ward got 3 mil for 4 years for less production and isnt physical so...

Also, hoping JM isn't renewed.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:10 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
AK is definitely one in the room that doesn't get along with JM.
well, i don't think anybody needed Matt Dandenault to know that

Old
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo420 View Post
Gotta be realistic here, Habs aren't making a cup run this season, I'll be furious if we trade AK for a vet with a year left on his contract.
Same. Trading picks for vets would be a terrible decision too.

I think its time to ''refresh'' this team a little. Trade AK and maybe Gill. Entertain offers for any other vets including Plekanec and Cammalleri, both of whom would require overpayement to obtain as I believe they can still have 3 to 5 good years with us. In exchange lets try to get young players and solid prospects that are close to the NHL. A top4 defensemen that isn't past his prime would be a great acquisition too, to replace Spacek and Hamrlik (who wasn't replaced).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:12 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
well, i don't think anybody needed JJ to know that
Who the hell is JJ ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Its likely they move Andrei since he likely won't stay past this year (lets be honest one second - will he re-sign here? I can think ''no'' for all sorts of reasons).

I'm pretty sure he'll break out then, since his new team will give him every chance to succeed, as is customary when you acquire a new offensive player. That is unless he's signed by Jacques Martin's new team, were he won't get any PP time and will get thrown under the bus after 4 games.

Still it might be a good idea to trade him but as a rental, for prospects and/or picks so we don't lose him for nothing like it happened too often in this org.
Ak is one of those players that likes the habit he likes being part of the same line when he plays , the proof is in the broken English he does speak , he always finds a way to show he is frustrated by the constant line juggling (I'm still annoyed by the fact that when Sergei was here no one tried to put him with Andrei for more then 5 games or a random time to get energy back in the team.) Quite honestly can you imagine a line of S.Kos-Eller-A.Kos building chemistry together for at least 40 games.
Any hockey fan knows that all you hear from players during the interviews go's something like this "well it was a nice play by Getzlaf but after playing X number of years together you just know where the other guy is going to be on the ice." (Yes I'm aware I'm paraphrasing).

I honestly think he should be traded to Nashvile with Weber and 1st in 2013 for Suter + later round pick.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Who the hell is JJ ?
eh... Matt Dandenault, my bad