HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TFP and Ottawa Sun: Kostitsyn available to be traded

Old
10-25-2011, 01:18 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
If you can get decent return for AK, I hope he gets moved.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:20 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Ak is one of those players that likes the habit he likes being part of the same line when he plays , the proof is in the broken English he does speak , he always finds a way to show he is frustrated by the constant line juggling (I'm still annoyed by the fact that when Sergei was here no one tried to put him with Andrei for more then 5 games or a random time to get energy back in the team.) Quite honestly can you imagine a line of S.Kos-Eller-A.Kos building chemistry together for at least 40 games.
Any hockey fan knows that all you hear from players during the interviews go's something like this "well it was a nice play by Getzlaf but after playing X number of years together you just know where the other guy is going to be on the ice." (Yes I'm aware I'm paraphrasing).

I honestly think he should be traded to Nashvile with Weber and 1st in 2013 for Suter.
Yeah I agree - Kostitsyn has never been given any stability. 26 years old and he's still treated like a rookie by Martin. His best years were when he had stable linemates - Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev or Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn. Even that short stint with his brother and good ol' Robert Lang was impressive.

That trade with Nashville would be good. Our 1st rounder never had more value than right now, but I honestly don't think our pick is going to be top5 unless we trade more players and bad things keep happening. This team is going to finish around 10th place in the east.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
If you can get decent return for AK, I hope he gets moved.
We won't. What, a 2nd round pick? Meh. He's a good complimentary guy.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Yeah I agree - Kostitsyn has never been given any stability. 26 years old and he's still treated like a rookie by Martin. His best years were when he had stable linemates - Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev or Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn. Even that short stint with his brother and good ol' Robert Lang was impressive.

That trade with Nashville would be good. Our 1st rounder never had more value than right now, but I honestly don't think our pick is going to be top5 unless we trade more players and bad things keep happening. This team is going to finish around 10th place in the east.
I honestly expect Andrei K to be traded to Nashville where he would become a 25/30-30/35 kind of guy , year after year playing with his brother.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:25 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Please get rid of this bum. Been sayin it for years, he scores 20 goals and gets 45 points last year.......and we do what? We pay him like he makes the kind of money a 70 point player should make. It is ridiculous.....he is a less talented less consistent version of AK 27. I won't go one saying we should have drafted a number of different players back in 2004 but the fact we still have this guy on our team and we pay him more and more money each time his contract is up is a effin joke.

We won't get anything for him unless we add a prospect, and knowing Pierre Gauthier....he is scared for his job right now.....so expect to see a Tinordi or a Kristo traded away with him for a quick fix.

I won't even go on about the Gauthier, Martin, Pearn tandem, save that one for a different thread.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:26 PM
sheed36

I doubt the return for UFA to be AK would help this team much unless it's a packaged deal of some sort.. Honestly I was expecting this board to be full of Habs trade rumors today from guys like Ek and that Bob guy from twitter..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
Please get rid of this bum. Been sayin it for years, he scores 20 goals and gets 45 points last year.......and we do what? We pay him like he makes the kind of money a 70 point player should make. It is ridiculous.....he is a less talented less consistent version of AK 27. I won't go one saying we should have drafted a number of different players back in 2004 but the fact we still have this guy on our team and we pay him more and more money each time his contract is up is a effin joke.

We won't get anything for him unless we add a prospect, and knowing Pierre Gauthier....he is scared for his job right now.....so expect to see a Tinordi or a Kristo traded away with him for a quick fix.

I won't even go on about the Gauthier, Martin, Pearn tandem, save that one for a different thread.
Plekanec is a 70 point player how much does he make? Do you even know your own team , how much money does Cole get for his Goals? How about Gio? Gomer?
You are the effin joke , you obviously don't watch hockey you watch for players to fail in which you have this conscious bias towards and it's quite obvious (and sad).
Find me a list of 20 players with 20G seasons every season + top in hits making less then him (not including ELC) there are some but not many. Let's not forget the fact that he has been playing on different lines of what clearly is an enigmatic team (to say the least) that hasn't had a PPG player since the very same guy your claiming he is a lesser version of.

Enough of this if you have nothing good to produce keep it to yourself.

Old
Protest the Hero

Andrei for Columbus 1st round pick, anything less and Gauthier is the worst GM of all time.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Will be a huge mistake. AK is awesome and playing great with "Larry". Also he seems to get it now and looks happy being with the team. Dishes out hits, scores on rocket shots and I have not seen him be "disinterested" and all that other crap he's often accused of. He's been on most nights.

DO NOT TRADE!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:

Know many 26 year old NHLers that make $3.25m and score 70+ points? I think even when the cap was first introduced, a 70+ point player would expect to get around double what AK gets right now.

AK was drafted in 2003, not 2004.

Erm, there is nothing factual about saying that we pay him more and more each time his contract is up. His current contract is for the same value his previous contract was.

Even without adding a prospect, Andrei Kostitsyn would fetch something in return even if he was traded by the people posting on this board. Whether that return would be deemed satisfactory by said people is another matter entirely, but he would fetch a return.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:38 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Know many 26 year old NHLers that make $3.25m and score 70+ points? I think even when the cap was first introduced, a 70+ point player would expect to get around double what AK gets right now.

Erm, there is nothing factual about saying that we pay him more and more each time his contract is up. His current contract is for the same value his previous contract was.

Even without adding a prospect, Andrei Kostitsyn would fetch something in return even if he was traded by the people posting on this board. Whether that return would be deemed satisfactory by said people is another matter entirely, but he would fetch a return.
How dare you use logic and cite facts. Unacceptable...

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
gillyguzzler

If they do trade AK, it's a clear indication that JM's job is safe. There is a mutual hatred between these two and it's clear that JM has wanted AK gone for a long time. Why would Gauthier trade AK and then fire JM? AK would play like a mad man if JM got fired!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Would you trade AK46 for Colin Wilson? Would we need to add to AK46 for us to send him with his brother in Nashville? Of would the Preds need to add?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
A player is speculated being available for trade? MADNESS!

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
How dare you use logic and cite facts. Unacceptable...
I said pretty much the same thing on page 5 , some people just say anything that comes to mind without thinking it drives me nuts.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post

Please, those colors are not good for my epilepsy.
AK will not be traded.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:44 PM
PK76

Quote:
Please get rid of this bum. Been sayin it for years, he scores 20 goals and gets 45 points last year.......and we do what? We pay him like he makes the kind of money a 70 point player should make. It is ridiculous......

LOL! That's such a ridiculous statement. 70 points really? Too bad we pay Cammy almost double for nothing else than having a good shot. At least AK is implicated physically.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
LOL! That's such a ridiculous statement. 70 points really? Too bad we pay Cammy almost double for nothing else than having a good shot. At least AK is implicated physically.
Geez now i know why people hate Gomez he is supposed to put up 140 points!!

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:47 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Andrei for Columbus 1st round pick, anything less and Gauthier is the worst GM of all time.
Columbus has almost zero cap room but if they did and we made this trade, we would have a good shot at the #1 and #2 pick in 2012 as well as the #1 pick in 2013. Five years from now we might have another winning season.

See the Edmonton Oilers for a comparable

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Peace

Personnally, I'd like a team of Kostopouloses, never enough of them

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Will be a huge mistake. AK is awesome and playing great with "Larry". Also he seems to get it now and looks happy being with the team. Dishes out hits, scores on rocket shots and I have not seen him be "disinterested" and all that other crap he's often accused of. He's been on most nights.

DO NOT TRADE!
Agreed. The return wouldn't be enough.

capnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:52 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Personnally, I'd like a team of Kostopouloses, never enough of them
Needs some Pyatt and a dash of Darche: Winning recipe!

Agree with the poster above appears likely if AK is going, JM is staying.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

Oh I'm convinced we will have to endure him for the entire season.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

with JM staying (AK gone or not) Habs will lose the next 3 games or more.

Get rid of Martin NOW!!!!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Roulin

Garrioch is a sketchy source. TFP is garbage, they basically take stories from other outlets and make stuff up to further sensationalize the stories.

At this point, I'm sure the Habs would love to add a top 4 dman. It makes sense that Kostitsyn would be a trading chip. Sounds more like pretty safe speculation than anything else.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote