HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I think everyone needs to calm down...

Old
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Ranger109

vCash: 500
I think everyone needs to calm down...

Ok, so far this season we have seen some good things and some bad things. I am not happy with the production of the first two lines, though I am happy that Gaborik looks much stronger this season.

We know the PP is crap, they are not generating enough etc, but...I think pulling away with 3 wins in Canada is a great way to end the road trip regardless if I wasn't happy about performance.

I think having Saur and Stal out is a big loss for us at the moment and adding them will be important even though we are blocking shots etc and the D is not the problem. Our forwards are in a bit of a funk and I think that coming home will be important for this team.

I am not going to start threads and say fire this coach yadada, send him down. I'm going to let them play and find there game, there professionals.

Ranger109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Levitate

no way man they've played 7 games the season is pretty much over

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 800
Our defense isn't the problem? Did you watch last night's game? At one point of the game, Winnipeg had to be in our zone for at least two minutes without us getting it out. I don't understand why you guys think everyone's saying the season is over. No one is saying that. People are just saying we are playing like complete crap and we should be concerned.

10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Our defense isn't the problem? Did you watch last night's game? At one point of the game, Winnipeg had to be in our zone for at least two minutes without us getting it out. I don't understand why you guys think everyone's saying the season is over. No one is saying that. People are just saying we are playing like complete crap and we should be concerned.
With the amount of times we have been shorthanded and 2 of our top 4 defenseman out, I would say a 2 GAA is pretty darn good.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Giacomin

Wait to they get home. I would be happy with a 4-2 Homestand. Hopefully Staal comes back to his old form.

Giacomin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Too early to panic, but not too early for concern. The same issues of last season plauge them this season so far. That is an serious problem. Perhaps just a cold streak to start the season, or maybe just the way this team is going to be. Too early to tell, but it is perfectly acceptable to be concerned

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:18 PM
DrAStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
Ok, so far this season we have seen some good things and some bad things. I am not happy with the production of the first two lines, though I am happy that Gaborik looks much stronger this season.

We know the PP is crap, they are not generating enough etc, but...I think pulling away with 3 wins in Canada is a great way to end the road trip regardless if I wasn't happy about performance.

I think having Saur and Stal out is a big loss for us at the moment and adding them will be important even though we are blocking shots etc and the D is not the problem. Our forwards are in a bit of a funk and I think that coming home will be important for this team.

I am not going to start threads and say fire this coach yadada, send him down. I'm going to let them play and find there game, there professionals.
Hmmm....this is reverse psychology, right? Cuz telling people on this site to calm down and think rationally and logically is kind of like waving a red flag in front of a bull...so I'm guessing that you don't really want people to calm down, you really want them to vent wildly about the need to fire the coach, trade half the roster, reassign the other half and bring back Avery...

I think you're hoping they'll tire themselves out and need to go to bed early, right?

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is that worries me about this team after 7 games, but I'm making a sign that says SHOOT THE PUCK and going down to OWS...

Who's with me?

10-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
With the amount of times we have been shorthanded and 2 of our top 4 defenseman out, I would say a 2 GAA is pretty darn good.
Now how about our GFA (if that's even a thing)? If we aren't spending about 45 minutes a game in our defensive zone, we would have more time to score.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
This

Pointing out that this team has played like crap automatically means you are giving up on the season

I agree with you this team has played like utter crap and while I'm happy with the record so far, I'm not fooling myself into thinking they have played well. To think that all of a sudden some home cooking is going to turn this team around is naive.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Loffen
Wen Kroy

The goaltending has been top notch, but that's about it.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Tom Atkins

We should totally fire Torts after going 3-1 on a road trip.

Tom Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Tom Atkins

this board has been pretty negative past few days. Even Sam Rosen is getting ripped on.

Tom Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM
ruckus*

Getting the power play fixed is going to be the biggest thing.

Dubi-Arty-Cally have been abysmal, which is extremely puzzling to me and a big part of why we look like garbage offensively.

The D is playing over its head but that's fine by me. Hope Sauer is ready for Thursday.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:49 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

We've seen some good things (goaltending) and we've seen some bad thing (pretty much everything else)

That should tell you all you need to know about the season so far. It's easy to say "oh it's early", but would you have said that if that left most column was an 0, which it most certainly could be? I very much doubt that CBJ fans are relaxing. Put our goaltending on that team and they get the wins - we don't.

I'd pretty much like to echo Kaneone's comment. They are playing like crap. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. It's if it will continue or not is what people are worried about, 7 games in we've yet to see a legit game out of the Rangers yet.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Now how about our GFA (if that's even a thing)? If we aren't spending about 45 minutes a game in our defensive zone, we would have more time to score.
I know what you are saying, and I was saying the same thing. We need Sauer and Staal back to help our OFFENSE.

But the fill-ins have done well with the brutal schedule and only allowing 14 G is not bad. On the other hand, obviously scoring 14 is not that good.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:59 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
no way man they've played 7 games the season is pretty much over
That's a lie. It's only 10% over.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
I know what you are saying, and I was saying the same thing. We need Sauer and Staal back to help our OFFENSE.

But the fill-ins have done well with the brutal schedule and only allowing 14 G is not bad. On the other hand, obviously scoring 14 is not that good.
Except I don't give our defense the credit in only letting in 14 goals. Our goaltending saved them. They gave up way too many odd-man rushes and giveaways for me to give them credit.

Old
10-25-2011, 03:16 PM
bmw2004

I guess everybody have their own opinion. Which is normal. Let's wait till the end of December and see how team respond.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

didnt even read the OP...simply like this thread because of the title

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Fire Torts, we're not undefeated.....

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
didnt even read the OP...simply like this thread because of the title
Well you should read it because he's wrong. He's pretty much saying we should ignore our problems because we have 8 points.

Old
10-25-2011, 03:49 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
plenty of people have been saying that

plenty

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:50 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Atkins View Post
We should totally fire Torts after going 3-1 on a road trip.
3-2.

The Islanders game was a road game, too.

10-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I'm gonna be short and sweet:

- Happy we have 8 points after this long stupid road trip

- Not at all happy with our offensive efforts besides Richards and Gaborik

- Not really concerned, they'll get better.

To conclude, not happy with our play, Henrik is Henrik (THANK GOD), Biron is solid (THANK GOD), but happy to come away with 8 points. Wasn't this our team last year? We always found a way to get the points. Now we got a nice homestand to get kickin' and take off. Let's go Rangers!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote