HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Cammalleri

Old
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I've seen them. I think he suffers from playing with a lot of other small players. That's the situation he's stuck in but with a big body on the ice he would return to a 75-80 point production level.
Glad to see there are still some level headed posters on this board, although I guess it's a given for moderators.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:33 PM
r1234

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Put him there making $4.25M a season instead of $6M, and I think he is worth it. Cammalleri can be a role player on a good team that can hide his lack of size, which is a liability, and the defensive zone limitations that come with it.

I just think his value isn't as great in a trade this season because after this season he still has another year to go on a $6M cap hit. Most good teams don't have that kind of room under their cap the next season.
Interesting that you chose $4.25M as the ideal cap hit for Cammalleri. Are you preparing yourself to defend the Penner trade?

Dustin Penner got traded near the deadline last year to the LA Kings in return of a prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick. His cap hit is $4.25M.

I think Cammalleri has more impact on a game than Penner and more value despite the $1.75M difference in cap hit. Obviously he is more difficult to trade because less teams have the extra space, but he has more value.

r1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1234 View Post
Interesting that you chose $4.25M as the ideal cap hit for Cammalleri. Are you preparing yourself to defend the Penner trade?

Dustin Penner got traded near the deadline last year to the LA Kings in return of a prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick. His cap hit is $4.25M.

I think Cammalleri has more impact on a game than Penner and more value despite the $1.75M difference in cap hit. Obviously he his more difficult to trade because less teams have the extra space, but he has more value.
There is no doubt that Penner is overpaid. I didn't pick $4.25M because of Penner.

And yeah, Cammalleri has more value than Penner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I've seen them. I think he suffers from playing with a lot of other small players. That's the situation he's stuck in but with a big body on the ice he would return to a 75-80 point production level.
Maybe the Habs should go out and get themselves a player like that. Oh wait, those kind of guys cost money. Money the Habs have spent on too many guys the size of Cammalleri. Again, it isn't that Cammalleri is a bad player. He is simply overpaid for what he provides and with another year remaining on his deal, I think that hurts his trade value.

Last edited by KINGS17: 10-25-2011 at 02:48 PM.
KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:46 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agi View Post

Luke Schenn
Tyler Bozak

Mike Cammalleri
I think your avatar pretty much sums up your proposal!

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
r1234

Quote:
There is no doubt that Penner is overpaid. I didn't pick $4.25M because of Penner.

I think we agree on almost everything.

We agree that both Cammalleri and Penner are overpaid and that hurts their trade value.

We agree that Cammalleri has more value than Penner who was traded for a prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick.

We should agree that Cammalleri's value is at least a prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick.

r1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1234 View Post
I think we agree on almost everything.

We agree that both Cammalleri and Penner are overpaid and that hurts their trade value.

We agree that Cammalleri has more value than Penner who was traded for a prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick.

We should agree that Cammalleri's value is at least a prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick.
Cammalleri won't bring back that, not even close. Lombardi was desparate and made a bad trade. You'd have to hope for another GM to come along and do the same thing to get any more than a single very late 1st for Cammalleri.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:23 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Cammalleri won't bring back that, not even close. Lombardi was desparate and made a bad trade. You'd have to hope for another GM to come along and do the same thing to get any more than a single very late 1st for Cammalleri.
Mike Fischer brought back a 1st round pick. Cammalleri will get more than a late first.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Am I the only one here who doesnt think Cammalleri is overpaid?

People in this thread make him sound like Scott Gomez or Jeff Finger...

Yes he's a PPG player, how many of those that are not on ELCs are there under 6M? I mean sure, 5.5 would be better but whoop-dee-doo.

Anyway, if PG has any brains he wont be going anywhere until the deadline and if so, for a sweet package. His playoff performances will weigh in the balance, something that some of the armchair GMs in this thread completely write off.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:34 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post

Yes he's a PPG player, how many of those that are not on ELCs are there under 6M? I mean sure, 5.5 would be better but whoop-dee-doo.
I would love it if he were a PPG with the Habs, would have been nice had he scored more then 19 goals last year. I think he's overpaid but the Habs have to over pay to get UFA's to sign here, so it's to be expected.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:48 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:

Anyway, if PG has any brains he wont be going anywhere until the deadline and if so, for a sweet package. His playoff performances will weigh in the balance, something that some of the armchair GMs in this thread completely write off.
His playoff contributions are HUGE, but how many contenders have the flexibility to add 6M beyond this year? Sure, I'd love to have Cammy on the Hawks, but if they traded for him, they would have to move someone on a really good contract in the deal like Frolik. You look at the Fischer deal and the fact that the Preds had an internal budget and that has to be taken into account. From a team like that, yeah, you could definitely get a 1st+ but you have to be lucky to have a cheap team like that looking to take on a big salary. IF that happens, then you could get a good deal. Teams near the cap aren't going to move out young players to make room for Cammy, that's all some of us are saying.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Not consistently.

Old
10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Not consistently.
They are 10 ppg players in this league and Cammalleri is not part of it indeed but he is in the same class than the 65-75 points players which are also pretty good player.

I'd evaluate Cammalleri value close to Marleau (maybe a bit more for Marleau) Marleau is playing with Thornton Cammalleri plekanec not the same here.

If Marleau were to be traded a 1st pick and a top prospect would be coming back no doubt. So it's the same for Cammalleri.

You are bashing Cammalleri but he would be hands down your best winger on the team and the 3rd best offensive player after Kopitar and Richards.

Cammalleri with Kopitar you can bet if he stays healthy puts up about 35 goals 75 points.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Kings17 thought Smyth was better than Cammalleri, so he is surely going to think Williams, Brown and Gagne are better.

I do agree with you though, he would be the Kings best winger.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:

Maybe the Habs should go out and get themselves a player like that. Oh wait, those kind of guys cost money. Money the Habs have spent on too many guys the size of Cammalleri. Again, it isn't that Cammalleri is a bad player. He is simply overpaid for what he provides and with another year remaining on his deal, I think that hurts his trade value.
u seem to forget that Cammy aint a UFA at the end of the year so why is it that u only mention contender teams ? he has 2 more years to go after this one so any team can go after him,u dont think theres GM's out there who have the pressure of the owners to make the playoffs so they make desperate moves ? look at ur GM with the penner trade

and ur still crazy if you think Mike woudlnt fetch a 1st and Prospect

Cammy >> Penner

PATCHESx67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Cammalleri is in a defensive system right now with a bunch of small players. Don't worry, he's a 70+ point player. Yada yada, he only scored 26 goals in first year in montreal, yah in 65 games, in 82 thats 33 goals.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
1st 2012, Beach, Stalberg

From the Hawks POV, this would be done. We'd have to send Olesz to Rockford to make room, but done.

Toews/Sharp/Brunette
Kane/Hossa/Cammalleri
I'd seriously consider this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessel>Seguin + View Post
Macarthur + Colborne + Franson/Aulie + 2nd round pick
I think this is maybe even ripping the leafs off, but being a rival and same division they'd have to overpay. I'd do it as a hab, then regret it.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Kings17 thought Smyth was better than Cammalleri, so he is surely going to think Williams, Brown and Gagne are better.

I do agree with you though, he would be the Kings best winger.
I'm not bashing the kings here just saying that Cammalleri is a darn good player and the habs should not trade him except a very solid offer would come and that we would be out of the playoff picture for good.

Voynov Loktionov 1st pick would be a good offer from the kings IMO. Too much Russians Maybe i'd like Richardson as well form the kings with an add from the habs he would be good on the third line with Eller and kostitsyn.

Old
10-25-2011, 04:56 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
What would it take to get Cam and Gill from St. Louis? Stewart plus what? Just a thought...You guys need size, we need a little more skill. If we get ownership in place, we could definitely afford him.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
What would it take to get Cam and Gill from St. Louis? Stewart plus what? Just a thought...You guys need size, we need a little more skill. If we get ownership in place, we could definitely afford him.
Stewart Polak 3rd and it's a done deal

hell i'd do Stewart for Cammalleri alone just because we need the size.

Backes and Stewart play the same game so maybe he would be expendable for the blues and we need a player like this in Montreal.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Man Bear Pig

MacArthur+Franson+D'amigo

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:07 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post

Backes and Stewart play the same game so maybe he would be expendable for the blues and we need a player like this in Montreal.
This would be beautiful and exactly what the Habs could use. What do Blues fans think of this?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Quote:

Nope...can't do Polak, he's our shutdown righty in the same mold as Gill. What about Stewart, Langenbrunner, and a 3rd?

Edit: Changed offer

Last edited by CarvinSigX: 10-25-2011 at 05:16 PM.
CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
u seem to forget that Cammy aint a UFA at the end of the year so why is it that u only mention contender teams ? he has 2 more years to go after this one so any team can go after him,u dont think theres GM's out there who have the pressure of the owners to make the playoffs so they make desperate moves ? look at ur GM with the penner trade

and ur still crazy if you think Mike woudlnt fetch a 1st and Prospect

Cammy >> Penner
Like I said Penner is overpaid, but his cap hit is a lot easier to swallow than Cammalleri's $6M hit. Taking on Penner doesn't force a team to make another move in order to make room for him. Taking on Cammalleri might do that to a team.

If Cammalleri was a rental at the deadline you might get a contending team to make a deal. I simply said that having one more year on his deal after this season may decrease his value somewhat.

And Herby, Smyth wasn't the better player, but he was the right player.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Voynov Loktionov 1st pick would be a good offer from the kings IMO. Too much Russians Maybe i'd like Richardson as well form the kings with an add from the habs he would be good on the third line with Eller and kostitsyn.
Well first off, I am as big a Cammalleri fan as there is and that would be overpayment by the Kings, especially when it comes to Loktionov.

Second, the Kings had a chance to sign Cammalleri for 5/25 a little over four years ago. There is no way Lombardi would admit his fault and trade anything of value to get him back at a higher cap hit.

The whole Cammalleri thing was just a fiasco. The Kings traded him and a 1st round pick to draft Colten Teubert (one pick ahead of Tyler Myers). The Kings have never been able to replace his production on the LW, with failed trades for the bloated contracts of Penner and Smyth. Which cost the Kings another #1 pick, Colten Teubert and Kyle Quincey.

Had the Kings just kept Cammalleri at 5/25 they would have had a #1 lw signed long term and would have never lost that #1 pick in 08, the #1 pick in 2011 or Kyle Quincey.

It was a disastrous series of deals, just thank god Smyth left. And thankfully Penner is off the books this year.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
And Herby, Smyth wasn't the better player, but he was the right player.
I know, I know back to the Pros Pro he made Kopitar better blah blah blah. Still have no idea how a LW who was as one dimensional a player as I have ever seen in a Kings uniform made Kopitar a better two-way player. Like I said, I could just as easily say Kyle Calder or Brian Willsie made Kopitar a better player.

And how was he the right player, by the end of his second season with the Kings he literally struggled to get up and down the ice and was a defensive liability every shift he was on the ice. If he hadn't wanted out of Edmonton the Kings definitely don't have Gagne right now and would be unable to be serious contenders because of Smyth's contract which is one of the five worst in the NHL. And you mention the years on Cammy's deal, he would be owed two more years after this. MC is 29 years old. When Dean acquired Smyth he was owed the same 6 mill but over three years. And Smyth was 33, and already showing signs of a rapid decline.

And please spare me the real estate thing, such a joke. If that is the case I assume you were against the Richards deal?

or is heavy drinking and partying ok, but real estate is not?