HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
09-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Gleb2006

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Ticketmaster is reliable; stubhub.com is another option. But the chances of that game selling out are almost zero. You could probably find cheaper tickets in the parking lot. But if you really want tickets before the game I would use stubhub rather than ticketmaster.
Only problem I'd see with Stubhub is that the tickets are sent by the person themselves and not the company, so some people may not want to send the tickets internationally.

I may be wrong though

Gleb2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
isleofmoscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Ticketmaster is reliable; stubhub.com is another option. But the chances of that game selling out are almost zero. You could probably find cheaper tickets in the parking lot. But if you really want tickets before the game I would use stubhub rather than ticketmaster.
Renbarg, thank you very much for your reply.
I've just looked through StubHub. I'm not sure I got everything on the website correctly I guess the prices are cheaper...but Ticketmaster seems to be more "understandable" for me. Moreover, you said it's reliable too, so I think I'll use it. They suggest two options of receiving a ticket (I hope I understood right):
- TicketFast - they send me a link to the ticket and I print it at home and produce just a printed ticket at the venue.
- WillCall - they keep my ticket somewhere (somewhere at the Coliseum I hope) until the day of the game and give it to me when I show'em my ID.
What alternative is better? (just don't want to miss the game because of some unexpected contingency )
And a few more questions, if you don't mind:
- is there kind of shop inside Nassau Coliseum where some clothes with the Islanders logo can be bought?
- will I be able to hail a taxi near Coliseum to get to Brooklyn (Bedford Ave.) when the game is over? And how much it might cost me (roughly, of course, just to be prepared)?

Thanks a lot

isleofmoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:45 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

i just looked at stubhub, and they have no tickets for one person. Ebay does but once me and the seller made a deal for two tickets, he never replied to me.

If anybody has 1 extra ticket for the Nov 15 Rags game or the Nov 17th game against the Habs, I would love to take them off your hands. i tried to order off ticketmaster, but couldn't figure out how to order both games at once.

BobbyNystromOwnsYou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 01:16 PM
cohenzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleofmoscow View Post
Renbarg, thank you very much for your reply.
I've just looked through StubHub. I'm not sure I got everything on the website correctly I guess the prices are cheaper...but Ticketmaster seems to be more "understandable" for me. Moreover, you said it's reliable too, so I think I'll use it. They suggest two options of receiving a ticket (I hope I understood right):
- TicketFast - they send me a link to the ticket and I print it at home and produce just a printed ticket at the venue.
- WillCall - they keep my ticket somewhere (somewhere at the Coliseum I hope) until the day of the game and give it to me when I show'em my ID.
What alternative is better? (just don't want to miss the game because of some unexpected contingency )
And a few more questions, if you don't mind:
- is there kind of shop inside Nassau Coliseum where some clothes with the Islanders logo can be bought?
- will I be able to hail a taxi near Coliseum to get to Brooklyn (Bedford Ave.) when the game is over? And how much it might cost me (roughly, of course, just to be prepared)?

Thanks a lot
AS for which way to receive tickets, I prefer the will call option only because then there is no way I misplace the ticket. They just built a full store inside the area where the box office is. All things Isles will be available for sale including personalized jerseys which they have been doing for a few years now.

As for a cab, that could be pretty expensive. Your best bet is to take a cab to one of the LIRR stations and take the train to one of the three stops in Brooklyn. I don't Brooklyn that well, but I am sure it's pretty easy to get a cab at any of those stations to take you to wherever you'll be staying.

cohenzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 02:41 PM
isleofmoscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenzee View Post
AS for which way to receive tickets, I prefer the will call option only because then there is no way I misplace the ticket. They just built a full store inside the area where the box office is. All things Isles will be available for sale including personalized jerseys which they have been doing for a few years now.

As for a cab, that could be pretty expensive. Your best bet is to take a cab to one of the LIRR stations and take the train to one of the three stops in Brooklyn. I don't Brooklyn that well, but I am sure it's pretty easy to get a cab at any of those stations to take you to wherever you'll be staying.
cohenzee, thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
- I understood everything you said concerning will call and going to use it
- unfortunately didn't understand what you said about the store ('cause my english is far from perfect)...
Is it inside the Coliseum? or someplace close to it?
- I don't know what LIRR is (never been to New York before), but I guess this is a kind of a railroad... I believe I'll be able to figure this out a bit later.
and one more question:
if i get to the venue 2 or 3 hours before game starts, will I be able to get into the Coliseum and will the places where I can take some food and beer be open?
thank you for your help

Old
09-15-2011, 06:12 PM
cohenzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleofmoscow View Post
cohenzee, thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
- I understood everything you said concerning will call and going to use it
- unfortunately didn't understand what you said about the store ('cause my english is far from perfect)...
Is it inside the Coliseum? or someplace close to it?
- I don't know what LIRR is (never been to New York before), but I guess this is a kind of a railroad... I believe I'll be able to figure this out a bit later.
and one more question:
if i get to the venue 2 or 3 hours before game starts, will I be able to get into the Coliseum and will the places where I can take some food and beer be open?
thank you for your help
Sorry about that; I'll be a little clearer.

-The team store is in the area where the box office is at the arena. I think they did this so people could shop even if there is no game that day.

-LIRR stands for the Long Island Rail Road here's a link to their website: www.mta.info All the info about the trains is on there. Plus information about the New York City subways and buses.

-The Coliseum does have a bar downstairs called Doolin's Pub. I don't know what time it opens on game days.

-The Marriott hotel directly across the parking lot from the box office has a bar called Champions that is always open. I would say it's about 50-75 meters from the arena.

hope this helps

cohenzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:50 PM
isleofmoscow

Quote:
hope this helps
thank you, cohenzee, this really helps

Old
09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Nelly

Is it OK to bring a backpack and a DSLR Camera to the game?

Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:02 PM
useref15

Hey, can you guys tell me what is the best station to get off the LIRR and take a taxi from? It seems that there are three different ones I've read about...Hempstead, Mineola, and I forget the other one. Which would be the cheapest by taxi? And, is it easy to find one?

Thanks

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:32 AM
Rust Cohle
Enforcer

Swedish Rangers fan coming here in peace.

I'm travelling to NYC in February together with a friend who's an Islanders fan and a relative to Bob Nystrom (!). We will definitely head out to Nassau for a game but since stubhub won't sell Islanders tickets to Europe I guess we'll have to wait for the Islanders to release their individual tickets for 2012. Is there a set date for this release and if not, when do they usually release tickets for the next year?

Thanks.

Rust Cohle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Islander102

Tickets usually go on sale in early December, but the cheApest way is probably eBay if they will ship to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hundenfalco View Post
Swedish Rangers fan coming here in peace.

I'm travelling to NYC in February together with a friend who's an Islanders fan and a relative to Bob Nystrom (!). We will definitely head out to Nassau for a game but since stubhub won't sell Islanders tickets to Europe I guess we'll have to wait for the Islanders to release their individual tickets for 2012. Is there a set date for this release and if not, when do they usually release tickets for the next year?

Thanks.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:05 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Hey, guys. I'm coming up for the Nashville game in January and had some questions about seating. I'm looking at tickets online and found tickets for around $45. Section 102 A (I assume this is on the glass) and Section 122 B (2nd row?). I'm confused as to why the prices are so low for 1st/2nd row seats? Are the sight lines just unbearable? 122 row B is very tempting because it's right behind the Preds' Attack 2x zone. Any insight would be helpful!

Also, I'm staying with a friend in Brooklyn and going to the Preds/Rangers game the following day. Any tips/advice on taking the train from Brooklyn to Long Island?

Thanks again!

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 12:09 PM
OnTheFence

Looking for some quick help. We are staying by Jersey Gardens and due to the weather conditions and unfamilarity with the roads would like to take public transportation to Long Island for the Sharks v Islanders game tonight. Does anyone know the best way to get there utilizing the buses and trains?

OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
Looking for some quick help. We are staying by Jersey Gardens and due to the weather conditions and unfamilarity with the roads would like to take public transportation to Long Island for the Sharks v Islanders game tonight. Does anyone know the best way to get there utilizing the buses and trains?
Best bet is to search back through this thread and see if anything comes up. If you already didn't do so.

10-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Sanman19

Send a message via AIM to Sanman19
Seating Question in the Collesium

Hello,

I am trying to buy tix for the B's/islanders game on the 19th. The seating for the tix are in section 305 General Admission. Are there seats for this section or will I be standing all game?

Thank you!

Sanman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Isles Junkie

i've never heard of standing room only at NVMC

there's a NVMC visitors guide thread stickied up there. that might have info you want.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:02 AM
lost35*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Hey, guys. I'm coming up for the Nashville game in January and had some questions about seating. I'm looking at tickets online and found tickets for around $45. Section 102 A (I assume this is on the glass) and Section 122 B (2nd row?). I'm confused as to why the prices are so low for 1st/2nd row seats? Are the sight lines just unbearable? 122 row B is very tempting because it's right behind the Preds' Attack 2x zone. Any insight would be helpful!

Also, I'm staying with a friend in Brooklyn and going to the Preds/Rangers game the following day. Any tips/advice on taking the train from Brooklyn to Long Island?

Thanks again!
102 A is the 2nd row, AA is the 1st row, and 122 B is the 2nd row but there is a big gap between the seats and the glass

and prices are low because Islanders are not a demand ticket, I am surprised how cheap tickets are myself, especially great seats like that, I think most people do not like buying on stubhub, I sell myself on stubhub and see how things are bombs

and those seats down low are good because you are very close to the ice and it is cool, but to get a better perspective of the game it is better to sit a few rows up, seats in low rows in the 200s at center ice are the best seats in the coliseum

and Brooklyn to Coliseum, probably need a train to Garden City then to get a cab to and from the train station

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:12 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

My trip to Long island is 2 weeks away. Hell yeah.

3 questions:

1. My plane gets in around 10 pm Monday November 14th. Can anybody tell me how much a cab costs from JFK to the Long Island Marriot? I'm not asking for an exact number, just a price range. If anybody wants to pick me up and make some extra money, I would be down for that too. Is there a cheaper way to get there? Sorry, I grew up in a town where trains carried stuff, not people.

2. Is there atour of the COli I can take? Yea, I know it's old as hell, but magic happened there once, and I would like to see it.

3. Is there a good italian retaurant within walking or a short cab right from the Marriot? All suggestions accepted.

Thanks everybody, can't wait.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyNystromOwnsYou View Post
My trip to Long island is 2 weeks away. Hell yeah.

3 questions:

1. My plane gets in around 10 pm Monday November 14th. Can anybody tell me how much a cab costs from JFK to the Long Island Marriot? I'm not asking for an exact number, just a price range. If anybody wants to pick me up and make some extra money, I would be down for that too. Is there a cheaper way to get there? Sorry, I grew up in a town where trains carried stuff, not people.

2. Is there atour of the COli I can take? Yea, I know it's old as hell, but magic happened there once, and I would like to see it.

3. Is there a good italian retaurant within walking or a short cab right from the Marriot? All suggestions accepted.

Thanks everybody, can't wait.
The cab from JFK will be your priciest expenditure of the trip outside the hotel and tickets. Probably around $50. You can take the airtrain to the LIRR to a much shorter cab ride, and it will knock like $35 off the price, but at 10PM in an unfamiliar city it isnt worth it. The cab ride will be a breeze.

They really dont offer many tours to people outside of when they try and push ticket plans but you can email the Isles customer service for confirmation.

There are italian restaurants galore within 10 minutes of the Mariott. Name youre budget and there will be plenty that fit in each. The closest one is Borelli's which is in walking distance on the other side of the parkway. No more than a 10 minute walk, probably less. Plenty of Islander fans in there before the games. There are plenty more in the area but you will have to take a cab or a bus for a few minutes. If you take a cab the ride will be no more than $5 each way.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:14 AM
carparkno1

Gents, a few questions:

I am flying in from the UK next March for a 5 day hockey session. Seeing a couple of Devils games and then coming to Long Island.

I have booked the Marriott for the Saturday 31st March. Want to see the Bruins game and then the Sens on the Sunday before flying back home from JFK that night.

Anyways, at the moment it appears you can't buy tickets to these games through ticketmaster? Does anybody know roughly when they will be released? As it is a special trip I am looking to get seats next to the Penalty box down the front for both games. Would you recommend row AA or slightly further back to get the best view of the game? I want to be next to the teams to try and get an autograph but also want to get the best view of the whole game. I don't want to sit in AA if it means it cuts off the view being so close. Cost isn't an issue, just want to know what people recommend is best!

Thanks guys.

Ps should mention, I am a Hamilton Bulldogs fan, used to live there, but always wanted to see NHL games. Don't care if the NVMC is a sh1thole, I used to go to Copps Coliseum after all ;-)

carparkno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by carparkno1 View Post
Gents, a few questions:

I am flying in from the UK next March for a 5 day hockey session. Seeing a couple of Devils games and then coming to Long Island.

I have booked the Marriott for the Saturday 31st March. Want to see the Bruins game and then the Sens on the Sunday before flying back home from JFK that night.

Anyways, at the moment it appears you can't buy tickets to these games through ticketmaster? Does anybody know roughly when they will be released? As it is a special trip I am looking to get seats next to the Penalty box down the front for both games. Would you recommend row AA or slightly further back to get the best view of the game? I want to be next to the teams to try and get an autograph but also want to get the best view of the whole game. I don't want to sit in AA if it means it cuts off the view being so close. Cost isn't an issue, just want to know what people recommend is best!

Thanks guys.

Ps should mention, I am a Hamilton Bulldogs fan, used to live there, but always wanted to see NHL games. Don't care if the NVMC is a sh1thole, I used to go to Copps Coliseum after all ;-)
You will want to avoid row AA. You really cant see much at all down there. The first row at the Coliseum is lower than at most NHL arenas, its at ice level (most are about halfway up the boards) so your head is pretty much level with the top of the boards. You cant see **** except hits right in front of you.

If price isnt an issue, go on ticketmaster about the second week of december when second half tix will go on sale, and they let you pick your exact seats. The best seats for both getting up close, and for viewing the play is row A of the 200's. They are I believe 11 rows from the ice, and they are the only seats in the building where you get your own little ledge to put drinks. Youre still incredibly low, but just high enough to see all the formations and plays develop. Also the seats in the 200 level are much more comfortable than down in the 100's which are all temporary seating. Sections 202-204 are behind the penalty boxes, sections 216-218 are behind the benches. Row A of the 200s are about 10 feet off the ice and are easily the best seats in the building, if not in the league.

You wont be able to get autographs during the game, players cant really interact with fans during warm up/the game besides giving a few fans high fives, and tossing some pucks. To get autographs you either have to show up early, or stay late (would recommend staying late) by the tunnel that the players drive into to park. Most players stop and sign as many autographs as are needed. Often times visiting players stay at the Marriott, so they will be even easier.

Finally, if youre looking for just a great hockey experience, the NVMC is a dump, but offers the best seating views in the league outside of the lower few rows. Youll enjoy it.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
carparkno1

That's great man thanks so much for the info. It's all about the hockey and the view rather than the arena. I've been to some world class ones for soccer etc and I am not concerned at all about the dump that is the Nassau, I just want hockey up close and personal. Glad I booked the Marriott! I'll keep checking the ticket master site for seats and will go for what you recommended. I am 6ft5 inches so I may try the first couple rows for one game and the first row of the 200s like you said for the other game. Appreciate this guys!

Devils tickets already booked, row 6 both games about halfway between centre ice and the corners, so all in all it's looking pretty good. Gonna squeeze in a rangers game on the Friday if I can but I realise prices are sky high for them.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by carparkno1 View Post
That's great man thanks so much for the info. It's all about the hockey and the view rather than the arena. I've been to some world class ones for soccer etc and I am not concerned at all about the dump that is the Nassau, I just want hockey up close and personal. Glad I booked the Marriott! I'll keep checking the ticket master site for seats and will go for what you recommended. I am 6ft5 inches so I may try the first couple rows for one game and the first row of the 200s like you said for the other game. Appreciate this guys!

Devils tickets already booked, row 6 both games about halfway between centre ice and the corners, so all in all it's looking pretty good. Gonna squeeze in a rangers game on the Friday if I can but I realise prices are sky high for them.
The best way to get Rangers tickets at an affordable price is to wait until you arrive in the area and search for Rangers tickets on NYC Craigslist. Its the only place where you will find Ranger fans that are looking to get rid of tickets for face value. All online sites will have Ranger tickets priced astronomically high.

I go to all the Isles games at MSG off of craigslist and rarely pay over STH face. If I were to get the same tickets from ticketmaster or stubhub, I would pay at least double.

As for sitting on the glass at Nassau, if you want to sit down there, go to at least row A or B of the 100 level. Even for a tall guy, those seats are so low down youll have severe neck pains straining your head over the boards to watch. From row B youll see the ice comfortably without having to strain yourself, even if the view of the play isnt the greatest.

Old
11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Islander, thanks for the tips. 50 bucks is doable for a cab, but I got section 103 row AA. I am 6 - 5 so hopefully I will be able to see over the boards.

Old
11-03-2011, 04:21 AM
carparkno1

Let me know what the view is like so I can choose seats after!