HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

ROFL Aaron Palushaj sent down (post #135)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2011, 10:39 AM
  #101
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Who led the Bruins last year and how much did they have?
I don't see the similarities. The Bruins were an explosive team the year before, and you never have to worry about playing bigger teams.

The holes are much more dramatically larger in Montreal. Boston also had faith in scoring because the year prior, their scoring was through the roof.

Montreal has consistently looked like a team that was much too easy to play against. The best players get wrapped up, and considering how much talent we have, we get beaten 1-0, 2-1, WAY too often.

Lets be real. 2 years ago, If Halak doesnt play unconscious, we were gone much earlier. We made it deep, but it wasnt a method that got us there as much as it was luck. When the luck ran out, we were toasted pretty quickly.

Or how about a few years back, when Markov was put out by that goof in Toronto, and we could not win a freakin game to save our lives? (We clinched a spot by TYING the Bruins in our what, 5th attempt at clinching?)

Markov I KNOW is the lynchppin to the whole team. We get him back, and we'll start winning. This is why some people are absolutely befuddled as to how people expect that he shouldn't have been resigned. Simply put, Markov > Wisniewski. We're a better team with Andrei. We were 1st place with a healthy Andrei. The Wiz was the best patch I EVER saw for Markov, and I would've loved to have seen him resigned. Simply because the drop off in play without Andrei is not so badly seen.

It's unfortunate to say, but Boston is more solid than we are. What has been clear, is that we have been ONE player away from disaster for many years now.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
  #102
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I don't see the similarities. The Bruins were an explosive team the year before, and you never have to worry about playing bigger teams.

The holes are much more dramatically larger in Montreal. Boston also had faith in scoring because the year prior, their scoring was through the roof.

Montreal has consistently looked like a team that was much too easy to play against. The best players get wrapped up, and considering how much talent we have, we get beaten 1-0, 2-1, WAY too often.

Lets be real. 2 years ago, If Halak doesnt play unconscious, we were gone much earlier. We made it deep, but it wasnt a method that got us there as much as it was luck. When the luck ran out, we were toasted pretty quickly.

Or how about a few years back, when Markov was put out by that goof in Toronto, and we could not win a freakin game to save our lives? (We clinched a spot by TYING the Bruins in our what, 5th attempt at clinching?)

Markov I KNOW is the lynchppin to the whole team. We get him back, and we'll start winning. This is why some people are absolutely befuddled as to how people expect that he shouldn't have been resigned. Simply put, Markov > Wisniewski. We're a better team with Andrei. We were 1st place with a healthy Andrei. The Wiz was the best patch I EVER saw for Markov, and I would've loved to have seen him resigned. Simply because the drop off in play without Andrei is not so badly seen.

It's unfortunate to say, but Boston is more solid than we are. What has been clear, is that we have been ONE player away from disaster for many years now.
Do you think Boston makes the playoffs, let alone win the cup if Thomas isn't playing out of his mind?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:09 PM
  #103
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Do you think Boston makes the playoffs, let alone win the cup if Thomas isn't playing out of his mind?
Nope I see your point there... However, they actually can match up against their opponents and play a SOLID game... Our team, at times looks like its made up of shrinking violets.

Their team has a very decent mix to it. There is toughness, there is skill, there is size, there are smurfs...

But the one thing you dont have a problem with in Bean town is Crease Clearing defencemen.
This has always been a weakness here. And for a team supposedly being built around a goaltender, he certainly CANNOT be relying that his corps are going to clear the front of him.

They block a tonne of shots yes, but they have strength issues back there. That can be said for sure. But then again, when you are forced to ice 2 rookies, 2 sophomores, ONE vet, and One returning from major surgery vet, this is more likely to be seen much easier than before.

I want to add, it's the management that actually stick their own foot in mouth. They purport that Markov is on schedule, what did they do to ensure an easier transition? Other than sign Chris Campoli in training camp, Nothing.

Here's another one... Did we protect Darche, and expose Woywitka with such a wonky back end?

As much as it hurts me to say this... Right now, Chiarelli looks like a genius in comparison to our boy Gauthier...

What he's gotta do, is get those freakin horns up, and start fixing the club. First by figuring out what system will work best for this group. I personally believe Martin has never coached this team properly... It's high time we found somebody who could.

Believe it or not, if we want experience. I personally could see a run and gun coach like Pat Quinn do a fantastic job with this squad.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:12 PM
  #104
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 50
Palushaj recalled... again

Guess who's back. We hardly missed ya.

Quote:
@renhockey
Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens rappellent Aaron Palushaj. Called up.
http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...41921040216064

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
  #105
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,377
vCash: 500
Palushaj called up

https://twitter.com/#!/renhockey

Emelin isn't gonna play forward

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
  #106
Classified
Registered User
 
Classified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
**** me...

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
  #107
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,597
vCash: 500
Who is going down ? Trade ?

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
  #108
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,377
vCash: 500
yikes you're pretty fast! beat me

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
  #109
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWiznewski View Post
Who is going down ? Trade ?
I assume it's cause Pacioretty is injured

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
  #110
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
yikes you're pretty fast! beat me
yeah, that's my only purpose in life, to be 1st


pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:16 PM
  #111
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
yeah, that's my only purpose in life, to be 1st

We were all first Except twins.

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:25 PM
  #112
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,003
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Nope I see your point there... However, they actually can match up against their opponents and play a SOLID game... Our team, at times looks like its made up of shrinking violets.

Their team has a very decent mix to it. There is toughness, there is skill, there is size, there are smurfs...

But the one thing you dont have a problem with in Bean town is Crease Clearing defencemen.
This has always been a weakness here. And for a team supposedly being built around a goaltender, he certainly CANNOT be relying that his corps are going to clear the front of him.


They block a tonne of shots yes, but they have strength issues back there. That can be said for sure. But then again, when you are forced to ice 2 rookies, 2 sophomores, ONE vet, and One returning from major surgery vet, this is more likely to be seen much easier than before.

I want to add, it's the management that actually stick their own foot in mouth. They purport that Markov is on schedule, what did they do to ensure an easier transition? Other than sign Chris Campoli in training camp, Nothing.

Here's another one... Did we protect Darche, and expose Woywitka with such a wonky back end?

As much as it hurts me to say this... Right now, Chiarelli looks like a genius in comparison to our boy Gauthier...

What he's gotta do, is get those freakin horns up, and start fixing the club. First by figuring out what system will work best for this group. I personally believe Martin has never coached this team properly... It's high time we found somebody who could.

Believe it or not, if we want experience. I personally could see a run and gun coach like Pat Quinn do a fantastic job with this squad.
very much agree with the bolded. If we really wanna build around price, then we need to protect him better, make his job easier. We need to look at signing/developing Dmen who clear the crease and protect the net. If carey gets that protection and gets easier looks at point shots, it could improve our results so much.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:30 PM
  #113
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
I was hoping for Ian Shultz. Would have been nice for bruins games.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:33 PM
  #114
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
I was hoping for Ian Shultz. Would have been nice for bruins games.
well yes.

except that he can't actually play hockey

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
  #115
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
I was hoping for Ian Shultz. Would have been nice for bruins games.
The only problem with calling up Schultz is that the game would be over before he made it from one end of the ice to the other.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
  #116
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,437
vCash: 500


That's all I gotta say, Martin is even more of a joke now...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:37 PM
  #117
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post


That's all I gotta say, Martin is even more of a joke now...
What did he do now?

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
  #118
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
The only problem with calling up Schultz is that the game would be over before he made it from one end of the ice to the other.
Is he really that slow ?
Do you think Henry could have helped at all for this difficult week ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:47 PM
  #119
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
What did he do now?
What did he do? He just re-called somebody who was completely useless the last time, when we're about to play 3 games against Boston and Philly. Am I the only who sees Darche-Nokilainen-Palushaj as a major concern for a 4th line?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
  #120
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,326
vCash: 500
Martin didn't recall anyone, guys.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:51 PM
  #121
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Emelin isn't gonna play forward
He will, and Palushaj will play D.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
  #122
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Martin didn't recall anyone, guys.
What ?? You don't think the coach says who he wants to be called up in his line-up.
Then you are very very wrong.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
  #123
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Is he really that slow ?
Do you think Henry could have helped at all for this difficult week ?
Just having fun, but he is slow. So is Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What did he do? He just re-called somebody who was completely useless the last time, when we're about to play 3 games against Boston and Philly. Am I the only who sees Darche-Nokilainen-Palushaj as a major concern for a 4th line?
So Martin is the GM now? What does PG do then all day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
What ?? You don't think the coach says who he wants to be called up in his line-up.
Then you are very very wrong.
PG has the final say for sure. When a player gets called up or sent down, that falls on the gm's shoulders. Not saying that it isn't a dicussion between them since clearly it's the case but unless you were there, it's silly to bash JM for something that is PG's job.


Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-25-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: merge
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:56 PM
  #124
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
What ?? You don't think the coach says who he wants to be called up in his line-up.
Then you are very very wrong.
I think he ment that we recalled a nobody..

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:59 PM
  #125
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
I wonder if he sees time on an actual offensive line this time.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.