HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

ROFL Aaron Palushaj sent down (post #135)

Old
10-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Who led the Bruins last year and how much did they have?
I don't see the similarities. The Bruins were an explosive team the year before, and you never have to worry about playing bigger teams.

The holes are much more dramatically larger in Montreal. Boston also had faith in scoring because the year prior, their scoring was through the roof.

Montreal has consistently looked like a team that was much too easy to play against. The best players get wrapped up, and considering how much talent we have, we get beaten 1-0, 2-1, WAY too often.

Lets be real. 2 years ago, If Halak doesnt play unconscious, we were gone much earlier. We made it deep, but it wasnt a method that got us there as much as it was luck. When the luck ran out, we were toasted pretty quickly.

Or how about a few years back, when Markov was put out by that goof in Toronto, and we could not win a freakin game to save our lives? (We clinched a spot by TYING the Bruins in our what, 5th attempt at clinching?)

Markov I KNOW is the lynchppin to the whole team. We get him back, and we'll start winning. This is why some people are absolutely befuddled as to how people expect that he shouldn't have been resigned. Simply put, Markov > Wisniewski. We're a better team with Andrei. We were 1st place with a healthy Andrei. The Wiz was the best patch I EVER saw for Markov, and I would've loved to have seen him resigned. Simply because the drop off in play without Andrei is not so badly seen.

It's unfortunate to say, but Boston is more solid than we are. What has been clear, is that we have been ONE player away from disaster for many years now.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I don't see the similarities. The Bruins were an explosive team the year before, and you never have to worry about playing bigger teams.

The holes are much more dramatically larger in Montreal. Boston also had faith in scoring because the year prior, their scoring was through the roof.

Montreal has consistently looked like a team that was much too easy to play against. The best players get wrapped up, and considering how much talent we have, we get beaten 1-0, 2-1, WAY too often.

Lets be real. 2 years ago, If Halak doesnt play unconscious, we were gone much earlier. We made it deep, but it wasnt a method that got us there as much as it was luck. When the luck ran out, we were toasted pretty quickly.

Or how about a few years back, when Markov was put out by that goof in Toronto, and we could not win a freakin game to save our lives? (We clinched a spot by TYING the Bruins in our what, 5th attempt at clinching?)

Markov I KNOW is the lynchppin to the whole team. We get him back, and we'll start winning. This is why some people are absolutely befuddled as to how people expect that he shouldn't have been resigned. Simply put, Markov > Wisniewski. We're a better team with Andrei. We were 1st place with a healthy Andrei. The Wiz was the best patch I EVER saw for Markov, and I would've loved to have seen him resigned. Simply because the drop off in play without Andrei is not so badly seen.

It's unfortunate to say, but Boston is more solid than we are. What has been clear, is that we have been ONE player away from disaster for many years now.
Do you think Boston makes the playoffs, let alone win the cup if Thomas isn't playing out of his mind?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Do you think Boston makes the playoffs, let alone win the cup if Thomas isn't playing out of his mind?
Nope I see your point there... However, they actually can match up against their opponents and play a SOLID game... Our team, at times looks like its made up of shrinking violets.

Their team has a very decent mix to it. There is toughness, there is skill, there is size, there are smurfs...

But the one thing you dont have a problem with in Bean town is Crease Clearing defencemen.
This has always been a weakness here. And for a team supposedly being built around a goaltender, he certainly CANNOT be relying that his corps are going to clear the front of him.

They block a tonne of shots yes, but they have strength issues back there. That can be said for sure. But then again, when you are forced to ice 2 rookies, 2 sophomores, ONE vet, and One returning from major surgery vet, this is more likely to be seen much easier than before.

I want to add, it's the management that actually stick their own foot in mouth. They purport that Markov is on schedule, what did they do to ensure an easier transition? Other than sign Chris Campoli in training camp, Nothing.

Here's another one... Did we protect Darche, and expose Woywitka with such a wonky back end?

As much as it hurts me to say this... Right now, Chiarelli looks like a genius in comparison to our boy Gauthier...

What he's gotta do, is get those freakin horns up, and start fixing the club. First by figuring out what system will work best for this group. I personally believe Martin has never coached this team properly... It's high time we found somebody who could.

Believe it or not, if we want experience. I personally could see a run and gun coach like Pat Quinn do a fantastic job with this squad.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:12 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Palushaj recalled... again

Guess who's back. We hardly missed ya.

Quote:
@renhockey
Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens rappellent Aaron Palushaj. Called up.
http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...41921040216064

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Palushaj called up

https://twitter.com/#!/renhockey

Emelin isn't gonna play forward

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Classified

**** me...

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Who is going down ? Trade ?

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ChemiseBleuHonnete

yikes you're pretty fast! beat me

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWiznewski View Post
Who is going down ? Trade ?
I assume it's cause Pacioretty is injured

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
yikes you're pretty fast! beat me
yeah, that's my only purpose in life, to be 1st

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:16 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
yeah, that's my only purpose in life, to be 1st

We were all first Except twins.

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:25 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Nope I see your point there... However, they actually can match up against their opponents and play a SOLID game... Our team, at times looks like its made up of shrinking violets.

Their team has a very decent mix to it. There is toughness, there is skill, there is size, there are smurfs...

But the one thing you dont have a problem with in Bean town is Crease Clearing defencemen.
This has always been a weakness here. And for a team supposedly being built around a goaltender, he certainly CANNOT be relying that his corps are going to clear the front of him.

They block a tonne of shots yes, but they have strength issues back there. That can be said for sure. But then again, when you are forced to ice 2 rookies, 2 sophomores, ONE vet, and One returning from major surgery vet, this is more likely to be seen much easier than before.

I want to add, it's the management that actually stick their own foot in mouth. They purport that Markov is on schedule, what did they do to ensure an easier transition? Other than sign Chris Campoli in training camp, Nothing.

Here's another one... Did we protect Darche, and expose Woywitka with such a wonky back end?

As much as it hurts me to say this... Right now, Chiarelli looks like a genius in comparison to our boy Gauthier...

What he's gotta do, is get those freakin horns up, and start fixing the club. First by figuring out what system will work best for this group. I personally believe Martin has never coached this team properly... It's high time we found somebody who could.

Believe it or not, if we want experience. I personally could see a run and gun coach like Pat Quinn do a fantastic job with this squad.
very much agree with the bolded. If we really wanna build around price, then we need to protect him better, make his job easier. We need to look at signing/developing Dmen who clear the crease and protect the net. If carey gets that protection and gets easier looks at point shots, it could improve our results so much.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Habitants

I was hoping for Ian Shultz. Would have been nice for bruins games.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:33 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
well yes.

except that he can't actually play hockey

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
The only problem with calling up Schultz is that the game would be over before he made it from one end of the ice to the other.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Maxpac

That's all I gotta say, Martin is even more of a joke now...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

That's all I gotta say, Martin is even more of a joke now...
What did he do now?

Old
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
The only problem with calling up Schultz is that the game would be over before he made it from one end of the ice to the other.
Is he really that slow ?
Do you think Henry could have helped at all for this difficult week ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
What did he do now?
What did he do? He just re-called somebody who was completely useless the last time, when we're about to play 3 games against Boston and Philly. Am I the only who sees Darche-Nokilainen-Palushaj as a major concern for a 4th line?

Old
10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Martin didn't recall anyone, guys.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:51 PM
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Emelin isn't gonna play forward
He will, and Palushaj will play D.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Martin didn't recall anyone, guys.
What ?? You don't think the coach says who he wants to be called up in his line-up.
Then you are very very wrong.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Is he really that slow ?
Do you think Henry could have helped at all for this difficult week ?
Just having fun, but he is slow. So is Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What did he do? He just re-called somebody who was completely useless the last time, when we're about to play 3 games against Boston and Philly. Am I the only who sees Darche-Nokilainen-Palushaj as a major concern for a 4th line?
So Martin is the GM now? What does PG do then all day?

Quote:
What ?? You don't think the coach says who he wants to be called up in his line-up.
PG has the final say for sure. When a player gets called up or sent down, that falls on the gm's shoulders. Not saying that it isn't a dicussion between them since clearly it's the case but unless you were there, it's silly to bash JM for something that is PG's job.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-25-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: merge
Old
10-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
I think he ment that we recalled a nobody..

Old
10-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Protest the Hero

I wonder if he sees time on an actual offensive line this time.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote