HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

I guess Buffalo should have traded before Marty played...

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2005, 08:40 PM
shayne

vCash: 500
I guess Buffalo should have traded before Marty played...

maybe teams like the oilers made Buffalo showcase Biron but Regier must be freaking out watching one of his most tradeable assets get killed in his first two games of the year.

sometimes a player should be moved based on the past not the present or future.

if i were the oil i would look to Garon or fernandez

Last edited by shayne: 11-02-2005 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Cerebral

Well, as I mentioned on the Oilers board, it's only one game. Biron is not as bad of a goaltender as the stat sheet makes him look tonight and he's certainly a little rusty having only played one game besides tonight's contest against Ottawa. Edmonton will likely still be somewhat interested in acquiring Biron but I can't see them offering more than a third round pick.

I definitely wouldn't expect to see Lowe shelling out Semenov and a 2nd rounder after watching Biron tonight...

Old
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
maybe teams like the oilers made Buffalo showcase Biron but Regier must be freaking out watching one of his most tradeable assets get killed in his first two games of the year.

So LA is going to go with Labarbera as their starter? I don't think so. And I don't think Minny deals Fernandez unless the deal makes sense, what they have now works for them, regardless of if the goalies are happy or not. I think this is just proving that Biron isn't as good as people seem to think he is. Serviceable goalie, yes, quality starter, I'm not so sure.

Old
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Or even just make a trade for a backup goalie and stick with Jussi. Jussi is playing much better than Biron and Garon. I think a Wild goalie would be better - but I've not heard they're looking to trade one.

Old
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow - Buffalo boards saying Miller is out 4-6 weeks... they went from having 3 NHL starting goalies to having 0 NHL starting goalies in one night.

Old
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
So LA is going to go with Labarbera as their starter? I don't think so. And I don't think Minny deals Fernandez unless the deal makes sense, what they have now works for them, regardless of if the goalies are happy or not. I think this is just proving that Biron isn't as good as people seem to think he is. Serviceable goalie, yes, quality starter, I'm not so sure.
I'm not jumping on the Labs gravy train just yet but he's been a hell of a lot better than Biron

Old
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Drop The Gloves

Brion is going no where after tonights developments. Miller is gone for 6 weeks at least. Biron and Mika will fight for starting spot...

Old
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Goalies have to work with the new angles and with heavy traffic in front of them , they need time and confidence to adjust and perform . Marty lost his spot on the team before the season even started and he has absolutly 0 confidence in his game right now .

The Kings wont trade Garon , hes a valuable asset if Lab go down or in a slump and the Kings would probaly ask more than what it takes to land a more proven goalie like Biron from Buffalo .

Old
11-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves
Brion is going no where after tonights developments. Miller is gone for 6 weeks at least. Biron and Mika will fight for starting spot...
There is no chance of the Sabres trading Biron and going with a Noronen/Leighton duo until Millers comes back?

I would hope if Lowe is interested in Biron, he'll trade for him now since his value might be lower.. regardless of the score tonight, I'd like to see him on Edmonton.

I never saw this, but after the last goal Biron let in, did he skated to the bench as if to pull himself?

Old
11-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Drop The Gloves

Thats what it looked like to me too. I was like "OK(lil john voice).

Old
11-02-2005, 09:28 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
Labarbera is now their no.1 goaltender.Again tonight, so far, he will beat the dallas stars if things go in the good way.I was a fan of Garon, but Labby is kicking some seriour arse in the beginning of the season.

LA now have a very good 1-2 punch in the net,but its sooo sad for Garon who, once again, play the 2nd goaltender, when he tough he would be 1rst after Ceckmanek left

I dont think garon will get traded.

Old
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever
Labarbera is now their no.1 goaltender.Again tonight, so far, he will beat the dallas stars if things go in the good way.I was a fan of Garon, but Labby is kicking some seriour arse in the beginning of the season.

LA now have a very good 1-2 punch in the net,but its sooo sad for Garon who, once again, play the 2nd goaltender, when he tough he would be 1rst after Ceckmanek left

Whose glove is that is Crosby's face? Cool avatar!

I agree that Garon/Labarbera is a great rotation and LA should/will keep them.

Old
11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978
Whose glove is that is Crosby's face? Cool avatar!
hal gill - the toughest man on skates

Old
11-02-2005, 10:34 PM
ILuvLA

I can't see Garon/LaBarbera going anywhere. LaBarbera has been great so far, expect Garon to settle in and quiet down the naysayers.

Old
11-03-2005, 12:51 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever

LaBarbera is playing real well, but he's still not the number one goalie in LA. Garon has played well, but looks bad on paper. He's had some questionable ones that he should have made saves on, but most goalies in the league have also.
I think this was just a simple flip-flop in the rotation. You're right about Garon...no way he gets dealt this early.
Biron's price tag is a bit steep, but he definitely needs a new scene to turn his career around. Which some Buffalo fans probably don't think can happen. I think Noronen is the guy that gets moved.

Old
11-03-2005, 02:20 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

The only way Fernandez leaves is in a three way deal...

Old
11-03-2005, 02:40 AM
JP

Buffalo looks in trouble with Miller out! But let's face it, they were playing against the best team in the league with the best 1st line! Too much firepower, poor Biron! RDS said that Buffalo is asking for a 2nd rounder for Biron. But after tonight I don't know....

Old
11-03-2005, 04:12 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
I cant see Biron being traded right now with Miller out

regarding his "worth" hell need a few games under his belt before his true trade value becomes evident

Hes not a bad goalie just not someone whos panned out to be a #1 g

11-03-2005, 11:43 AM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.7i
There is no chance of the Sabres trading Biron and going with a Noronen/Leighton duo until Millers comes back?

I would hope if Lowe is interested in Biron, he'll trade for him now since his value might be lower.. regardless of the score tonight, I'd like to see him on Edmonton.

I never saw this, but after the last goal Biron let in, did he skated to the bench as if to pull himself?
a) Ruff hates Noronen, Biron will see most of the action until Miller is back.

b) No, Biron wanted to stay in after the third goal, Ruff pulled him. Noronen then let in 4 goals and Biron played the third, letting in another 3.

Old
11-03-2005, 12:22 PM
TrueBlue10

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.7i

his stick was broken

Old
11-03-2005, 12:47 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
The only way Fernandez leaves is in a three way deal...
either way, I doubt that the Wild would at all be interested in moving Fernandez to the Oilers - even if he came via a 3-way from another team.

Not the smartest thing to improve a divisional opponent, especially one that could be challenging for the same playoff spots.

Old
11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick
I cant see Biron being traded right now with Miller out

regarding his "worth" hell need a few games under his belt before his true trade value becomes evident

Hes not a bad goalie just not someone whos panned out to be a #1 g
So he has two bad games after not playing for over a year and all of a sudden he's not panned out to be a #1 goalie?

In 03-04 he had a 26-18-5 record in 52 games with 2 shutouts. In 01-02 he was 31-28-10 with 4 shutouts. Buffalo's defense is as soft as it gets so you can't tell me the defense gave him those records. He is more than capable of being a number 1 goalie. The Senators have an unreal team and caught Biron when he wasn't ready at all to start (which he should have been.)

Old
11-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Biron had a shakey start but settled down nicely on the Isle.

Biron wasn't the first and won't be the last goalie Ottawa embarasses.

Old
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
The Plagers

I'm sure they will embarass Lalime quite well also.

Old
11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
Biron wasn't the first and won't be the last goalie Ottawa embarasses.
id agree

The Sens have a powerful lineup and with the new rules quite a few goalies will get blown out on a weekly basis

Closed Thread