HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

TFP and Ottawa Sun: Kostitsyn available to be traded

Old
10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
If they wanted a vet defenseman they should of resigned Hammer. Just play with the D they have and let the youngsters learn. Diaz and Emelin look good, they have played better than the vets. What this team needs is scoring Gomez should go before AK.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Trading right now....greatest way to be screwed by giving young prospects or whatever players and not get the fair value.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Schwang

Isn't Bryan Mcabe still out there? He provides some offence, he hits, and he's a vet. Why trade now and get very little in return? I think Mcabe would be a good fit. He had decent stats last year for a guy his age.

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 07:08 PM
habitue*

If Gauthier really wants to trade A.K. (because he has no intention to re-sign him, or because he already knows that A.K. will sign elsewhere), do you think it is possible it would be to Nashville ?

Hornqvist might be the player OR Radulov, if he decides to come back to the NHL next season.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
TheBuriedHab

trading him now would be so so so so soooooo dumb. First off he is playing well and if they want to turn this around you will need him. Secondly if we do become sellers hold on to him until trade deadline when Buyers get desperate. Trading him now would be retarded.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 07:13 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
trading him now would be so so so so soooooo dumb. First off he is playing well and if they want to turn this around you will need him. Secondly if we do become sellers hold on to him until trade deadline when Buyers get desperate. Trading him now would be retarded.
I agree, it would be nearly impossible to get fair value for him now. If he's traded, I don't know if I will be able to support that decision.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:14 PM
MrNasty

More from Lebrun.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...ed-in-montreal

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
Isn't Bryan Mcabe still out there? He provides some offence, he hits, and he's a vet. Why trade now and get very little in return? I think Mcabe would be a good fit. He had decent stats last year for a guy his age.
Supposedly he doesn't want to play in Canada, family are happy in the south.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Andy

Ottawa sun and TFP? So basically there is no source for this "rumor".

I'm pretty sure that Kostitsyn will not be traded. If anything moves, it's going to be a pick like a 3rd for a guy like Franson.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:38 PM
yianik

No, no ,no . We need scoring right now so you dont trade Ak now. I think ultimately we do move AK this year because he wont resign with this team. Fire that idiot JM first because if we trade AK now it will be for a player that idiot JM wants for that damn awful system of his. Get a new coach and let the new coach decide what he needs instead of flushing away yet another young player for that idiot JM, probably some 33 year old d-man or something, who doesnt hit of course.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
No, no ,no . We need scoring right now so you dont trade Ak now. I think ultimately we do move AK this year because he wont resign with this team. Fire that idiot JM first because if we trade AK now it will be for a player that idiot JM wants for that damn awful system of his. Get a new coach and let the new coach decide what he needs instead of flushing away yet another young player for that idiot JM, probably some 33 year old d-man or something, who doesnt hit of course.
Who knows? Maybe Martin will be gone before the trading deadline and Kostitsyn will like the new coach.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Its so funny, everyone wanted to trade AK after we acquired Cole for a bag of pucks but now that we are on a losing streak, everyone wants to keep him.

The minute we didn't sign him to a 2+ year contract, was the minute I stopped hoping he would be a Hab long term. That was the end of him as a Hab after this year. His fate was sealed.

Might as well get something for him while he's playing his best hockey. JM isn't using him properly and will use a dman better, so might as well get someone to fit JM's system for this year. AK won't be hear next year, so it doesn't matter.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:59 PM
WG

I for one didn't want to trade AK and would prefer to see him extended (3/12 or something like that).

I don't know if it is hanging around here or what, but I do find myself concerned that the team might look at the existing situation and actually do something like AK for Komisarek, ignoring the facts that

-team cannot score
-there are already a surplus of D on the roster
-the missing element on D right now is to get a more physical guy which could be addressed by bringing Paul Mara back for league minimum and no loss of assets or calling up Henry or heaven forbid, playing Emelin and letting him grow into the role.

I do kind of wish that the team I cheer for wouldn't be so willfully stupid as to trade AK for some plug defenseman, only to find the roster on January 1 with 10 NHL defensmen and about 8 legit NHL forwards.

I really wish I could hear a rumor along the lines of AK for Franson or Komo and just laugh.

WG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Habit11

Seen his name mentioned here a few times, and I would rather Craig Rivet than Komisarek.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:30 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Its so funny, everyone wanted to trade AK after we acquired Cole for a bag of pucks but now that we are on a losing streak, everyone wants to keep him.

The minute we didn't sign him to a 2+ year contract, was the minute I stopped hoping he would be a Hab long term. That was the end of him as a Hab after this year. His fate was sealed.

Might as well get something for him while he's playing his best hockey. JM isn't using him properly and will use a dman better, so might as well get someone to fit JM's system for this year. AK won't be hear next year, so it doesn't matter.
me me! i never wanted to trade him

and i don't agree that AK won't resign here after this year. give him money he deserves (around 4 i would guess) and good years, martin gets canned, and there's no reason for him not to resign.

and you should know that management likes to give out short contract to take advantage of the RFA and to weed out any fluke seasons before they get UFA. even plekanec was once on a one year contract and if i remember correctly, AKost was one of the guys we resigned the fastest and with the least drama. i wouldn't read too much into it.
and trading for franson, at all would be a disaster. he is... not good. don't be fooled by that large frame, he sucks. if gauthier can get him with a mid pick or something great, our pp needs the help, but if you trade a player for this guy, i'll even throw gauthier in the :fireeveryone: category

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:33 PM
OneSharpMarble

Nice to see the one guy who is actually showing up for games is on the block. What a season!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:38 PM
tinyzombies

Gauthier won't panic. He's the right guy for this situation.

Martin won't panic either. He's been guiding us through injuries since he got here. If he could play more uptempo, he would. He can't. If Scotty Bowman were coaching this team, he wouldn't do anything differently.

Kostitsyn might as well be wearing snowshoes with his agility. But we wouldn't get value right now if ever. Not a fan. When we win a Cup, his name won't be on it.

We're missing our best scorer, our best defenseman (and overall player), our best big forward and our second line center. And our #4 Dman is playing hurt. Wake up.

I guess you forgot what Martin has done for this team. Wait, I know. Let's bring in Reggie Houle again.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 10-25-2011 at 11:47 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Not sure why everyone is surprised.

Kostitsyn is not going to stay in MTL past this year, and we will just lose him to UFA without getting anything in return.

It is time to re-build and acquire picks/prospects for our players.
It may be, however they aren't talking about trading him for picks and prospects, but for a veteran dman. That isn't a rebuild.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post

I guess you forgot what Martin has done for this team. Wait, I know. Let's bring in Reggie Houle again.
Martin is paid well to do a job, you feel he has gone above and beyond his scope of work apparently?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:03 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Man, if this team trades a forward like Kostitsyn for another defensmen, I'm out until next season with this team. There's blind love, but then there's just retarded. We have so many holes to fill before touching the D, Spacek just came back and Markov should be back next month.

Get some freacking energy players on this team, and use logic when doing lines. I Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole is not your 1st line, if your best center is still playing on the point, if you use Subban on the right side when he's on the pp with Weber, if Darche is on your 1st pp wave (with 2 other winger!), you either don't want to win, or it's simply past your time.
Its fail for Mikhail time,Grigorenko that is Mikhail Grigorenko.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:03 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Martin is paid well to do a job, you feel he has gone above and beyond his scope of work apparently?
He absolutely has. Taking a wuss team full of kids to game 7 against the big, bad Bruins is pretty impressive. His other heriocs thru injuries don't need repeating.

And now injuries again, and no benefit of the doubt?

For me, it's the first round mistakes made by Gainey and Timmins that are finally hitting us. No Getzlaf, no Kopitar, no Parise, no Giroux (a 2nd round no-brainer), on and on. You don't take a goalie fifth overall, sorry. Price is very good, but he's no Marty Brodeur.

With no size in our top 6, why in the world would a skilled UFA come here to dig out pucks by themselves in the corner?

Last edited by tinyzombies: 10-26-2011 at 12:13 AM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:06 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
It may be, however they aren't talking about trading him for picks and prospects, but for a veteran dman. That isn't a rebuild.
There is no way in hell that we are going to win the Cup this season,get draft picks when trading and do the rebuild fast.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:23 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Seems like I was right (even though I got laughed at), I predict Kostitsyn and/or Weber are traded by November latest.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl111024.html

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/10/22/...blue-line-help
Yeah, I wouldn't believe anything origins from Bruce Garrioch. I've seen him ******** quite a bit before.

Kostitsyn wouldn't fetch Habs much of an improvement on they have now.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:26 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
He absolutely has. Taking a wuss team full of kids to game 7 against the big, bad Bruins is pretty impressive. His other heriocs thru injuries don't need repeating.

And now injuries again, and no benefit of the doubt?

For me, it's the first round mistakes made by Gainey and Timmins that are finally hitting us. No Getzlaf, no Kopitar, no Parise, no Giroux (a 2nd round no-brainer), on and on. You don't take a goalie fifth overall, sorry. Price is very good, but he's no Marty Brodeur.

With no size in our top 6, why in the world would a skilled UFA come here to dig out pucks by themselves in the corner?
Go tell that to the Penguins who won they cup

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Lex Lupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
McCabe is terrible. He coughs up the puck, gets caught behind the play, isn't great in front of his own net, and doesn't have a great compete level. He wasn't even good when everyone thought he was good.

Lex Lupul is offline   Reply With Quote