HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#8 Kings vs Devils 10/25/11 - POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS ‎

Old
10-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
No one was particularly good tonite. But there's a reason Penner played the 3rd period on the 3rd line.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That looks good, and is a nice shakeup.

On a related note, I have been watching the Sharks games as well.

Zues has been one of the sharks best Forwards all season so far.
He has. But, it's not like he was terrible with the Kings. He just shouldnt be the Kings third liner. He will become slower during playoff time. I wouldnt mind having him back but not in favor of Stoll.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:45 AM
BringTheReign

The Devils' offense is great, but there's no excuse to be embarrassed like that with their defense and back-up goalie in one home ice. No panic button pressed, but the Kings effort wasn't there and that's not good.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:48 AM
ZJames

Bad game tonight, bounces didnt go our way, kings got caught scrambling, and 1/3 of the second line, 2/3 of the third line, and the 4th line were not working.

Penner is trying hard out there, and I feel like he is just snakebitten right now, I think his goals will come.

Dustin brown is such a frustrating player. He is once again in that "im a black hole for any and all offensive momentum" phases. I think it would be a good idea to put him on the 3rd line along with stoll(since he has shown chemistry with stoll), and richardson.

Switch gagne and penner. Penner played well with kopitar last year before Kopi got hurt, and Gagne and Richards have played together quite a bit in the past.

As far as Bernier goes, I feel like the first goal the devils scored should have been disallowed, the second goal was on the defense, The only goal that was really his fault was the third one. I feel like the kings dont play as hard for bernier as they do for quick.

Terry murray has gottten the kings back into the playoffs the last two years. He deserves credit for that. And I feel like they probably would have gone on to the second round last year if Kopitar were healthy. But if murray fails to get past the second round again this year, the kings need to move on with a different head coach.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The game put me in a coma. A listless effort. Could tell from the early going in the first that it was going to be a long night. The Kings just did not look prepared whatsoever for tonight's game.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Here is an illustration of my main problem:

Setting: Terry Murray's office circa training camp.

Simon: yeah coach, ya know that mike and I have been playing together for years and we have great chemistry.
Mike: yeah, I can find Simon in my sleep. We are as money as I am cannon.
Simon: we totally read each others minds. We can score blindfolded with me arm tied behind our backs.
Mike: yeah it's totally weird.

:both laugh and hold hands and leave the room together

Stevenson: wow coach that sounds awesome. This is gonna be greeeeeeeat!!!

Murray: yeah. Um put Penner with Richards and gagne with Kopitar.

Stevens facepalms.
Pretty much.

I have to say that watching Kopitar tonight was downright disturbing. He was completely lazy unless the puck was on his stick and absolutely brutal on the second goal. Whiffed the pass, SKATED AWAY like he didn't just leave the puck behind, flailed lazily at two Devils as they passed around him and scored. I'm not bashing the guy, I'm just still in shock because it was so unlike him. I hope he has the flu or something because... wow.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:53 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
I feel like the kings dont play as hard for bernier as they do for quick.
That is disturbing to me as well. Is Johnny B a bad locker room guy ? The Team plays pretty bad in front of him. Even last year when he got hot, he had to steal a couple of those games.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:55 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Pretty much.

I have to say that watching Kopitar tonight was downright disturbing. He was completely lazy unless the puck was on his stick and absolutely brutal on the second goal. Whiffed the pass, SKATED AWAY like he didn't just leave the puck behind, flailed lazily at two Devils as they passed around him and scored. I'm not bashing the guy, I'm just still in shock because it was so unlike him. I hope he has the flu or something because... wow.
Probably one of the worst Games I have seen Kopitar play. He couldn't pass. or play his D tonight. But Kopitar gets to have a few like this. He can't be awesome all the time. He is Human after all.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This has not been a good start for Bernier. He went through his struggles in the first half of last season as well (went through five games in which he allowed four or more goals).

Perhaps it is inexperience or just being cold coming off the bench, but he's too inconsistent for the Kings to tinker with the idea of giving him more starts in the future.

Going at this pace, I don't see how he will ever supplant Quick as the clear cut starter on this club. Quick would have to suffer from a monumental collapse in his performance in order for that to ever happen.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:06 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
This has not been a good start for Bernier. He went through his struggles in the first half of last season as well (went through five games in which he allowed four or more goals).

Perhaps it is inexperience or just being cold coming off the bench, but he's too inconsistent for the Kings to tinker with the idea of giving him more starts in the future.

Going at this pace, I don't see how he will ever supplant Quick as the clear cut starter on this club. Quick would have to suffer from a monumental collapse in his performance in order for that to ever happen.
That doesn't bother me, Johnny B is a very talented Goalie. What bothers me is the TEAM seems to not play hard for him.

That is disturbing. Something is going on, even last year when he got hot. He stole a couple of those games bailing the Kings out.

Is he A Bad Locker room guy ? Cause we all know Quick NEVER takes credit for anything Good he does. And always blames himself after a loss.

This is a different team when Johnny B is between the pipes, and that is scary.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Asheru

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That is disturbing to me as well. Is Johnny B a bad locker room guy ? The Team plays pretty bad in front of him. Even last year when he got hot, he had to steal a couple of those games.
This is coming close to 'even when it's not his fault, it's his fault.'

The team has played well in front of Bernier and poorly in front of Quick, too. There are just more games with Quick, they don't stand out.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Sabres12

Off topic a bit but does anyone know where I can find some good green eggs and ham in LA??

Sabres12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Asheru

I forgot to add that with Bernier being more of a slow starter/rhythm goalie, Quick has an advantage there.

At the beginning of last year, though, people also doubted Bernier would ever play well. Yet he won a lot of points for the club down the stretch.

Is it just me, or does this October feel a lot like last October?

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Oh Snap
Very Wet Island

Send a message via AIM to Oh Snap Send a message via Yahoo to Oh Snap
Kings looked absolutely terrible tonight, lets hope it was a fluke.

That said, our bottom 6 needs to be better, hopefully TM gives Hunter another chance on the 3rd or 4th line for some much needed offensive skill.

And Penner ... we need to trade this guy now while he still has SOME value left to other teams, this guy just doesn't seem to care anymore. He's slow, gives up on plays, and has no vision. Hardly someone I want on my top 6.

Oh Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:45 AM
GraniteHead

DeBoer GOOD
Murray NOT AS...

Elias Zubrus Sykora Fayne Greene +3
13 of 18 King skaters -1 or -2

Kings PP time in Devils zone... LOL
Devils PP time in Kings zone... more

and finally, Staples Center no longer offers rye bread for their Whistle Stop Pastrami sandwiches, and the woman behind the counter wouldn't admit it, but when I said it she nodded her head, and still said she couldn't admit it... CHEAP!!!!

GraniteHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Wawota

Penner Tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Too much Penner hate aswell, he was our best 2nd best winger behind Richardson tonight
Penner looked awful. He was not skating; he displayed no passion and mainly stood around. I would question the assessment of him as the second best wing, but to the extent such an assertion could even be made says that the whole team stunk tonight.

Wawota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Fripp

Coma-inducing pile of failure. It happens. Keep them few and far between.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:49 AM
bobafettish*

well Detroit loss to Columbus so i guess it wasn't that bad.....

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Bad game, but it's just a game.
We scored 3 goals in the last 3 outings and this is cause for concern, but people is overreacting as usual. We weren't world beaters before the game, we aren't teh suck now. Putting Williams with Richards, Brown with Stoll and Penner with Kopi might be a good idea to jump start our Dustins, in particular Penner. IMO if he keeps this up, he's gone before Christmas. About our bottom 6, we need help. Call up Loktionov, make a trade, I don't care. Something has to be done.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Johnny Utah

I don't think the Kings really think how big of a loss Simmonds and Handzus were.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if we would've kept Teubert, Simmonds, Schenn and just traded Smyth and signed Gagne and let Loktionov take that #2 center spot.

Gagne-Kopi-Williams
Schenn-Loktionov-Brown
Richardson-Stoll-Simmonds
Clifford-Lewis-Westgarth/Moreau

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I don't think the Kings really think how big of a loss Simmonds and Handzus were.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if we would've kept Teubert, Simmonds, Schenn and just traded Smyth and signed Gagne and let Loktionov take that #2 center spot.

Gagne-Kopi-Williams
Schenn-Loktionov-Brown
Wherein I don't fully disagree with you, Mike Richards is the best all around center in the league IMHO.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:15 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Gagne-Kopi-Williams
Schenn-Loktionov-Brown
The Kings problem is goal scoring/offensive philosophy. Simply put,outside of the St. Louis game, were not scoring enough. Sure the Penner deal looks bad now, but if you think that offense would fix our scoring problems, your crazy. Oh, and Murray would never skate two rookies on the second line. Loki can't get any time as it is. There is also a pretty good chance that your not getting Gagne to sign here with that line-up

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:23 AM
bobafettish*

lines mate changes are in order. besides the 1st line we get no offense generated.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Ajtacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Pretty much.

Ya I just bought a new Kopi black Jersey before the game, kinda pissed me off, but I think its rare for Kopi and he will bounce back.

Ajtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:58 AM
OK Computer

Some of you guys need to calm down, it's kind of pathetic to be honest. One damn game and I see people calling out the captain, the franchise player, calling for line changes left and right, questioning a trade to acquire a superstar, etc.

RELAX.

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote