HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? Reebok doesn't (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? Reebok doesn't (Part Three)

Continue once again...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=889434

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 10-25-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old
10-25-2011, 10:18 PM
flountown

So, ignoring my first post suggestion?

I really think we need to change the thread title.

Old
10-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Hollywood Couturier

not ignoring. just I can change it later.

Old
10-25-2011, 10:22 PM
flountown

OK, perhaps this first page can be discussing the information we want people to see in the first post.

I am all for an Indo-Edge bulletin warning people not to waster their money.

Old
10-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I agree with that. I just don't think the "Reebok Authentics are now Knock-Offs" thread title is the best.

I can add things to the first post if need be.

Old
10-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
So, ignoring my first post suggestion?

I really think we need to change the thread title.
As much as I do see your point, Flountown, I like the thread title being very clear that it is a thread for jerseys and not lead anyone to think it is about any one specific topic and staying clear... The addition of "Reebok doesn't" to me serves your purpose, yet shouldn't deter any posers with jersey questions, especially if they are familiar with the first two threads.

Maybe you can just get that topic rolling within this more general title heading... FWIW.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:20 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
As much as I do see your point, Flountown, I like the thread title being very clear that it is a thread for jerseys and not lead anyone to think it is about any one specific topic and staying clear... The addition of "Reebok doesn't" to me serves your purpose, yet shouldn't deter any posers with jersey questions, especially if they are familiar with the first two threads.

Maybe you can just get that topic rolling within this more general title heading... FWIW.
I am cool with that, it definitely fits.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Just a question asked out of curiosity by a somewhat anal guy to a bunch of people interested in hockey jerseys:

There was a guy who used to attend and was a loner who sat in the Mezzanine around center ice facing the benches... He was a tall and stocky fairly young man who my son likened to a young Alfred Hitchcock. We first took notice of him because he had many sweet and often unusual jerseys (many Flyers when they were Phantoms and many Phantoms special occasion jerseys)... We would look out for him each game to see which jersey he had on that day. We noticed that he seemed to 'reward' a star player from the previous game they played -- even saw him once at a Phillies game wearing a Phillies jersey -- Around the time the Flyers hit the skids and became the worst team in the NHL for the season he became obviously discontented... he began wearing Retro players, such as the Bullies Era, and Phantoms jerseys and while he never really smiled at any point -- being by himself that was not an unusual thing -- he seemed to be really bothered by the Flyers position and less that Flyer-like play... He must have really been fed up and gave up his Season Tickets because we never saw him after that season.

That was a long set up for my question... I have nowhere near his collection but I do have a rhyme and reason for what jersey I wear to particular games. I wear past players jerseys when they return (wore Knuble to Capitals game) and players who have past ties to certain teams (like Briere to Sabres games) and past players jerseys to specific teams (Sittler a times for Toronto)... I also will wear my retro M&S Leach at various times (like when the Spectrum was around with he Phantoms) and Clark and other past players I work in a odd times... I like to wear some past players (like Forsberg or Hatcher) at PreSeason games and Practices at Voorhees... I do that at odd times but use my current players in a rotation based on either opposition or if they had a good last game -- I used to have a lot of current players but the last three years or so has pared down my 'current' collection drastically with dozen year signees even being traded.

Are there other anal people on here who have their own method for where and when to wear their jerseys... or am I the only one who is insane? ... If so, would they please care to detail their method? -- Just for the fun of it.

I understand that many here have far superior a collection than I do, with better quality and more unusual and more non-Flyers players... so this can be very interesting.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:35 AM
ONTHEFLYGUY

can anyone point me in the right direction to get a matt read jersey. it can be a fake, i dont need a real expensive one

Old
10-26-2011, 10:36 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Are there other anal people on here who have their own method for where and when to wear their jerseys... or am I the only one who is insane? ... If so, would they please care to detail their method? -- Just for the fun of it.
Come October through March, jerseys are pretty much what I wear on the weekends, but I can't say that there is any method to what jersey I decide to wear other than what I feel like wearing that day, which basically consists of whether I want a conversation starter or if I just want to blend in. My only jersey "rule" is that my Halloween themed jersey is only worn in October and Xmas themed jerseys are only worn in December.

Aside from that, the only other jersey rule is that my wife always wears our 9/11 tribute jersey that all of the AHL teams wore on 9/11 (I have the Cincy Mighty Ducks Garrett Burnett).

Old
10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Hollywood Couturier

So Giroux is getting the A tonight. When players get the letters on the jerseys they just sew them on and they'll take it off once Pronger gets back? or do they give him a new jersey?

Old
10-26-2011, 11:48 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
So Giroux is getting the A tonight. When players get the letters on the jerseys they just sew them on and they'll take it off once Pronger gets back? or do they give him a new jersey?
Yes, they just sew them on and then will remove it (will make for a nice gamer to have since you'll be able to see the outline of the A on it). There won't be a new jersey issued just for an A.

I've seen some teams use Velcro if someone is only going to have it for one game or will wear it on and off over the season.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
PuckBoy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Come October through March, jerseys are pretty much what I wear on the weekends, but I can't say that there is any method to what jersey I decide to wear other than what I feel like wearing that day, which basically consists of whether I want a conversation starter or if I just want to blend in. My only jersey "rule" is that my Halloween themed jersey is only worn in October and Xmas themed jerseys are only worn in December.

Aside from that, the only other jersey rule is that my wife always wears our 9/11 tribute jersey that all of the AHL teams wore on 9/11 (I have the Cincy Mighty Ducks Garrett Burnett).
Any Flyers jersey makes a great halloween jersey. The "apron" Edge 1.0 white jersey is a good choice as more than one commentator has noted that the sleeves resemble candy corn. Can't go wrong with the current pumpkin/traffic cone orange home jerseys. (note: I didn't say "freakin' awesome" this time).

Old
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTHEFLYGUY View Post
can anyone point me in the right direction to get a matt read jersey. it can be a fake, i dont need a real expensive one
Most likely for a player like Read you'll have to get one customized. Whether it be from IceJerseys, RCS, Skate Zone, or the Well. Highly doubtful they'll be selling Read jerseys at retail soon with Couturier and Schenn not even having them.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Any Flyers jersey makes a great halloween jersey. The "apron" Edge 1.0 white jersey is a good choice as more than one commentator has noted that the sleeves resemble candy corn. Can't go wrong with the current pumpkin/traffic cone orange home jerseys. (note: I didn't say "freakin' awesome" this time).
True, but this is the Halloween jersey I am referring to

Old
10-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

I remember back on Halloween night in 2002 when JR coming out in a #16 jersey, blond curly wig, blackened out teeth and Cooperalls for the warm-ups.

THAT was freakin' awesome!!!

Old
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM

vCash: 50
So what's the best site for knock-offs? I need a new jersey and can't afford a real one. Where should i look?

Old
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Hollywood Couturier

They're all a crapshoot. You most likely won't get any help from people on here though.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
So what's the best site for knock-offs? I need a new jersey and can't afford a real one. Where should i look?
When i bought my Claude Giroux Jersey they were running a special.. If you bought like 500 dollars merchandise you get to pay it off for 6 months with no interest. I got my friend to buy an authentic with me so it took the price over 500 and payed it off easily like that. Not sure if they are running that anymore though...

I would also look into a credit card that has zero interest for the first year and no annual fee.. My chase card has that and its a life saver when I have to make bigger purchases. It just makes paying off whatever you buy so much easier

Old
10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
PuckBoy33

wiggin' awesome!

Quote:

I remember back on Halloween night in 2002 when JR coming out in a #16 jersey, blond curly wig, blackened out teeth and Cooperalls for the warm-ups.

THAT was freakin' awesome!!!

I always thought he looks like Sammy Hagar in that photo (or the guy from the Blue Lagoon movie or the Buddy guy from Charles in Charge)

http://horiwood.com/category/sammy-hagar/

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../TheBlueLagoon

http://www.grupthink.com/answer/7375...rles_in_Charge

Last edited by PuckBoy33: 10-26-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old
10-26-2011, 02:31 PM
PuckBoy33

charge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
When i bought my Claude Giroux Jersey they were running a special.. If you bought like 500 dollars merchandise you get to pay it off for 6 months with no interest. I got my friend to buy an authentic with me so it took the price over 500 and payed it off easily like that. Not sure if they are running that anymore though...

I would also look into a credit card that has zero interest for the first year and no annual fee.. My chase card has that and its a life saver when I have to make bigger purchases. It just makes paying off whatever you buy so much easier
If you are going to drop coin (in this case plastic) on a big purchase, why not wait until the MG summer sale and buy an authentic game-worn jersey?

Old
10-26-2011, 02:33 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post

Lol the guy is talking about knockoffs and you just told him to go spend over 500 bucks haha and you didn't say what store that was from

Old
10-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
If you are going to drop coin (in this case plastic) on a big purchase, why not wait until the MG summer sale and buy an authentic game-worn jersey?
haha Im not really into game worn Jerseys haha.. I only use my credit though when needed.. gets out of control, seen it happen too too much. Usually just for school or a big purchase.

Seriously if your old enough and have good credit look into these cards and you can easily afford an authentic Jersey and also have a credit card in case you have any kind of emergency. Usually you have a year free interest so you can pay it off in a year

http://www.creditcards.com/low-interest.php

Old
10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Lol the guy is talking about knockoffs and you just told him to go spend over 500 bucks haha and you didn't say what store that was from
The NHL shop..... I would rather have a authentic jersey that i can afford to pay off over time then a cheap fake that looks like **** to be honest. I'm trying to help him figure ways out to buy a jersey and afford it, instead of buying **** merchandise that you will regret.

If he can get a credit card its a simple way to buy a jersey too and afford it. 350 over 12 months with no interest is not difficult to pay off

Old
10-26-2011, 02:40 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

JVR is making me question buying a jersey for him...

Anyways, I don't understand this "Indo-edge" stuff or what Reebok has done to the jerseys. Is the problem only with the look of the jersey or is it the feel? I know the Premiers feel like I'm wearing a napkin with cardboard glued onto it, so are the "Authentic" jerseys any better or are they all **** now?

Closed Thread