HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
10-21-2011, 09:35 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
has anyone used their free night at foxwoods yet? did they restrict when you could use it? what kind of room did they give you?
I was going to use it end of Decemeber, but I think you have to buy some kind of card or promotion thing in order to use it? Anyone know the details? That turned me off a little...

10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
I think you have to sign up for their free rewards card..

trueblue9441 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:31 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
yeah so i just got my tickets today. and i was so excited to open it up as a first time season ticket holder. but then when i opened it, it is just a shameful site to see. 5 gs gets you tickets and the msg cookbook? wow we really get treated with first class. yes i knew all this before hand but to see them offering you 1 dollar off when u buy 2 hot dogs. that is just a sad joke it literally makes u laugh. besides the whopping 10 percent discount cards. the only thing that seems to be of value in the book is the 10 dollars off at the parking space. meanwhile with the 10 dollars off its prob still more money then the outdoor lot on i think its 31st in between 7th and 6th. might be 32nd. just goes to show you and the league how much we truly love our blueshirts with a passion. anybody have an idea of what toronto gives to its fans? i say toronto since they are the franchise worth the most according to forbes. with that said the opening night tickets look really nice and i am beyond amped. this nfl style bye week is killing me, im tired of watching other teams lol.
You may have come off the wrong way to many people, but I have to admit that you really have a point. I was looking over those coupons in the booklet today and the Rangers should be embarrassed to put anything like that in print. I mean for my 2 tickets I'm dropping $5K and they give me coupons that say, IF I buy TWO jumbo pretzels AND IF I buy a regular soda, they will offer me a SMALL soda for $1?? (not even for free!!) Umm, cans of soda with more liquid in them can be bought for 25 cents at stop and shop. Save the ink and don't put any coupons in the booklet if you're going to be that cheap because these offers are completely worthless.

How about a $50 food & merchandise card or something, which is still less than what I pay for one ticket

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:41 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
You may have come off the wrong way to many people, but I have to admit that you really have a point. I was looking over those coupons in the booklet today and the Rangers should be embarrassed to put anything like that in print. I mean for my 2 tickets I'm dropping $5K and they give me coupons that say, IF I buy TWO jumbo pretzels AND IF I buy a regular soda, they will offer me a SMALL soda for $1?? (not even for free!!) Umm, cans of soda with more liquid in them can be bought for 25 cents at stop and shop. Save the ink and don't put any coupons in the booklet if you're going to be that cheap because these offers are completely worthless.

How about a $50 food & merchandise card or something, which is still less than what I pay for one ticket
Oddly enough, Knicks season ticket holders appear to get food vouchers with the amount depending on how long you've been a subscriber.

http://www.nyksubcentral.com/Benefits.aspx

Also cool that some subscribers get a breakfast with Walsh or D'Antoni. I couldn't imagine Sather even interacting with the fans

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 09:38 PM
useref15

Quote:

Don't you buy your tickets for re-sell though? Aren't you a broker?

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:43 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Don't you buy your tickets for re-sell though? Aren't you a broker?
There's no money in tickets these days, if I've got Rangers season tickets it sure isn't because I'm making money, pretty much the opposite.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Oddly enough, Knicks season ticket holders appear to get food vouchers with the amount depending on how long you've been a subscriber.

http://www.nyksubcentral.com/Benefits.aspx

Also cool that some subscribers get a breakfast with Walsh or D'Antoni. I couldn't imagine Sather even interacting with the fans
Are you kidding me? That is such BS.

Our tickets cost 2x as much then their garbage and they get $100-250 in food vouchers ? What the hell?

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:00 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
Are you kidding me? That is such BS.

Our tickets cost 2x as much then their garbage and they get $100-250 in food vouchers ? What the hell?
I emailed my rep that link and asked how they can justify the coupons they give us when the knicks give away vouchers. They are owned by the same person, why do Knick STH get treated better?

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:55 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I emailed my rep that link and asked how they can justify the coupons they give us when the knicks give away vouchers. They are owned by the same person, why do Knick STH get treated better?
doing the same

Old
10-26-2011, 07:12 PM
94Obsession

Quote:
It's always been that way with Jim Dolan, ever since he's taken over. He's always treated the Knicks fans better than the Rangers fan.

I think it's both a blessing and a curse. A blessing that since he doesn't care about the Rangers, or the Rangers fan, he keeps his nose out of their business, and lets Glen Sather (god help us) do what he has to do. While he obviously likes the Knicks better, he always has his nose in their business, which is bad.

And a curse as far as us being treated like 2nd class citizens, no free giveaway's or promotions before games. I remember when they would give out free t-shirts. Now we get nothing. Except for those oh so "generous" "Thank You fans" team posters at the last game of the season, and the towels in the playoffs.

Yep, talk about a "real, good, hands on" owner that really cares.

94Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:26 PM
17futurecap

Hey guys, hoping some people can help me out. I'm starting to sell on Stubhub this year, and had a few questions for people who have dealt with them before.

1. Can the Rangers take our tickets away if they see us selling on Stubhub, like the Yanks tried years ago?

2. How do you guys usually do unloading tickets? I have become frustrated only using Ticket Exchange as they really never sold on there at least for me.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Last edited by 17futurecap: 10-26-2011 at 09:34 PM.
17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:38 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
1. Can the Rangers take our tickets away if they see us selling on Stubhub, like the Yanks tried years go?.
Elliot Spitzer passed a law about 3 years ago that specifically addreses this. In addition to making it legal to resell your tickets for whatever price you want, it specifically states that:

Quote:
it shall be prohibited for any operator of a place of entertainment, or operator's agent, to:

(a) restrict by any means the resale of any tickets included in a
subscription or season ticket package as a condition of purchase, as a
condition to retain such tickets for the duration of the subscription or
season ticket package agreement, or as a condition to retain any
contractually agreed upon rights to purchase future subscription or
season ticket packages that are otherwise conferred in the subscription
or season ticket agreement;
http://law.justia.com/codes/new-york...icle-25/25-30/

Old
10-26-2011, 09:39 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Hey guys, hoping some people can help me out. I'm starting to sell on Stubhub this year, and had a few questions for people who have dealt with them before.

1. Can the Rangers take our tickets away if they see us selling on Stubhub, like the Yanks tried years ago?

2. How do you guys usually do unloading tickets? I have become frustrated only using Ticket Exchange as they really never sold on there at least for me.

Thanks for the answers guys.
I use stubhub all the time -- The rangers have no right to tell us what we can or cant do with our tickets. Stubhub is perfectly legal

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:41 PM
in the hall

Looking to trade my 3 tickets for Saturday, Monday & Thursday's games if anyone's interested.

Ottawa 10/29, San Jose 10/31 & Anaheim 11/3
Section 415, Section A, Seats 1, 2, 3

917-559-8804 or msg me here
sneakizm@gmail.com

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
doing the same
I'd love to hear the responses.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:44 AM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
gonna do this also

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:14 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
I'd love to hear the responses.
my rep said they were swamped yesterday but that she would call me next week when things slow down a little bit

Old
10-28-2011, 10:51 AM
nyrmetros

I spoke to a rep last night about the blueseats availability for future mini plans since I lost mine, but he kept pushing 200 level..... Bahhhh....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:53 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I spoke to a rep last night about the blueseats availability for future mini plans since I lost mine, but he kept pushing 200 level..... Bahhhh....
200's clearly overpriced, they're having trouble moving them

Old
10-28-2011, 11:12 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
200's clearly overpriced, they're having trouble moving them
100's as well. Got an offer from Ticketmaster the other day for the Sharks game where I got a hat, soda, hot dog, and game ticket for STH price before fees.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:22 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
100's as well. Got an offer from Ticketmaster the other day for the Sharks game where I got a hat, soda, hot dog, and game ticket for STH price before fees.
That's where they really get stupid. The loyal fans who did put down for 44 games at those prices don't get a hat or any food

Old
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
That's where they really get stupid. The loyal fans who did put down for 44 games at those prices don't get a hat or any food
Makes me angry when they offer these kinds of deals to the average joe. Just wait until they start up the holiday 3 packs again with a discount on tickets (below subscriber face) with a hat, shirt, puck, and food/beverage voucher.

But wait, at least us season subscribers didn't have to pay for pre-season games this year!!!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote