HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A true 1st line scorer to NSH. (No WEBER and SUTER)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2011, 03:03 AM
  #26
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
Quite frankly, you're delusional if you think Nashville can land anything other than fringe 1st line talent with those pieces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
I entered the thread thinking to myself "how in the hell can they do it without weber or suter"

Then I read the bold.

Good Luck.

BTW I want weber or suter without giving up: Hiller, Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Fowler, Sbisa, Holland, Palmieri, Etem.

Everyone else is fair game.
Did you trolls read everything i said? doesnt look like it. And if you truly believe that then you are crazy

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:03 AM
  #27
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Yea I agree, and we got more defense coming. 1 reason I left 3 untouchables as dmen. our big 2 and Ellis. But you also cant win if you dont score, something we are desperate for. And have been for years
It will come ,the team you have now is capable of a run in the playoffs.

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:06 AM
  #28
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
It will come ,the team you have now is capable of a run in the playoffs.
Just been a helluva long wait. Thx for at least being a decent human being and not trolling it up like others have after i asked countless number of times not to. Its impossible to have a serious discussion here now..

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:12 AM
  #29
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Definitely agreed!


And even if our young guys do develop into amazing forwards years down the road, Shea and Ryan would be long gone by then. We need offense NOW!

This will go down in history as worst or best predator season ever. Plain and simple. I am hoping for the latter
Weber and suter are going nowhere,nsh has team of decent two way forwards that play a lunchpail game.This is how the coach likes his team to play,even if nashville where to trade for that creative forward their team game which is their greatest strength would suffer.
Most high end offense forwards want tons of mins ,have more turn overs and make more high risk plays.All nashville needs is for their forwards to be hot at the right time and they can go along way.Because even when the offense is ice cold they are still a very tough team to score on

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:14 AM
  #30
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Just been a helluva long wait. Thx for at least being a decent human being and not trolling it up like others have after i asked countless number of times not to. Its impossible to have a serious discussion here now..
I like your team ,it has playoff style team written all over it ,just need some luck around the net thats all

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:16 AM
  #31
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
I like your team ,it has playoff style team written all over it ,just need some luck around the net thats all
We are starving for that luck around the net....

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:22 AM
  #32
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 50
Some of the posters around here don't know what they're talking about, NSH has enough pieces to land a 1st line scorer without giving up on those listed as untouchables by the OP, unless you think that Blum, Josi, Ekholm, etc aren't good enough, at which point I really have to question your knowlage about NSH.

To the OP, do you really want to trade Blum? I wouldn't if I was you.

Here's my proposal

MTL trades:
Cammaleri

NSH trades:
Blum

Maybe throw in a couple of picks to get better value.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:25 AM
  #33
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Some of the posters around here don't know what they're talking about, NSH has enough pieces to land a 1st line scorer without giving up on those listed as untouchables by the OP, unless you think that Blum, Josi, Ekholm, etc aren't good enough, at which point I really have to question your knowlage about NSH.

To the OP, do you really want to trade Blum? I wouldn't if I was you.

Here's my proposal

MTL trades:
Cammaleri

NSH trades:
Blum

Maybe throw in a couple of picks to get better value.
Ty for this comment like really Ty. Its a relief... Especially the bolded

Honestly no I dont but you gotta take risks and it would be a risk id be willing to take with him. Especially with Ellis in the AHL and if Josi gets healthy soon.

Id do it for Cammaleri with out a doubt

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:26 AM
  #34
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Enough of these comments thats not true. Reality isnt like HFboards. The Preds got Steve Sullivan for a some lousy picks in 03-04. The Penguins got Neal for Goligoski. Deals for a 1st liner can be made with what we have, enough with the nonsense.

Blum Hornqvist and a 1st cant get us a 1st liner? Yea ****ing right.
I'm sorry I Will Son, but no one here is trolling, except maybe you. This exactly the same as every single HFB trade proposal, where you try to get a star player by offering your teams leftovers. The only 1st liner you would get with that package is someone, who'll become an UFA at the end of the season.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:32 AM
  #35
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Here's my proposal

MTL trades:
Cammaleri

NSH trades:
Blum

Maybe throw in a couple of picks to get better value.
Great. Like the Habs already didn't have problems with scoring, let's trade the only actual sniper they have for another defenceman.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:33 AM
  #36
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
The only 1st liner you would get with that package is someone, who'll become an UFA at the end of the season.
Ill act like i didnt read the rest of your post. But ok thats fine I never said the player had to have years left on his contract or not. But at the same time I disagree, some 1st line players with a year or 2 left on there contracts could be had for that package. Who? Idk.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:34 AM
  #37
Muscles Glasses
Registered User
 
Muscles Glasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
How about something like:

Hemsky for Lindback + 1st round pick or Jonathon Blum (a Dubnyk/Lindback team might be solid for when Khabibulin is up after next year and when Hemsky is healthy he is a good 60+ point player.)

Muscles Glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:35 AM
  #38
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,861
vCash: 133
Well..you listed a bunch of untouchables, which is fine. But, then you didn't provide any examples of what such a trade would look like.

To me you should try and come up with a good proposal without those pieces. I think you will find it challenging.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:37 AM
  #39
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
Great. Like the Habs already didn't have problems with scoring, let's trade the only actual sniper they have for another defenceman.
I'm thinkg that this deal could happen if the Habs are out of the playoff race at the deadline, Habs get a great young D-man (believe me I've seen him play a lot) and Preds get what they've been looking for.

Just think about having PK and Blum on Habs blueline in the future, that would be great.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:38 AM
  #40
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Maybe high end offensive players are more risky but Thats exactly what we need. BIG TIME.

Sure we can make playoffs as usual but we want to make a cup run, playoffs alone is not enough anymore.

If you recall when we had Sullivan and Kariya playing amazing offensive hockey on our team we were a home ice advantage in playoffs and almost finished first in west the one year. Forsberg was nice to, wish Poile could pull more deals off like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Weber and suter are going nowhere,nsh has team of decent two way forwards that play a lunchpail game.This is how the coach likes his team to play,even if nashville where to trade for that creative forward their team game which is their greatest strength would suffer.
Most high end offense forwards want tons of mins ,have more turn overs and make more high risk plays.All nashville needs is for their forwards to be hot at the right time and they can go along way.Because even when the offense is ice cold they are still a very tough team to score on

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:41 AM
  #41
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Well..you listed a bunch of untouchables, which is fine. But, then you didn't provide any examples of what such a trade would look like.

To me you should try and come up with a good proposal without those pieces. I think you will find it challenging.
The point of a package isnt it?

You wouldnt do Blum, Hornqvist, 1st. For a 34 yr old Iggy? If anything that may be overpayment. I mean isnt CGY about to go through a rebuild.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:44 AM
  #42
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 336
What about somethin around Bourque (possibly + another forward) for something around Tootoo+1st

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:46 AM
  #43
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
But at the same time I disagree, some 1st line players with a year or 2 left on there contracts could be had for that package. Who? Idk.
Well, it all depends what you mean as a 1st line scorer. Value-wise you probably would get someone good with that Horny+Blum+1st package. But in reality it's only about values, the trade would have to benefit both teams, and most of the time teams are very reluctant to trade their own main pieces, even if the return might be good. That's why the player you are targeting must be someone, whose value to his team is decreasing for some reason, whether it's the level of play, too big salary, contract ending, or personal relationships within the team. Other than those kind of examples, you are not getting the deal done.

And sorry for sounding like a jackass in my previous post. Now that I think about it, actually that is a pretty good package for this kind of a thread.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:47 AM
  #44
voxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Here's my proposal

MTL trades:
Cammaleri

NSH trades:
Blum

Maybe throw in a couple of picks to get better value.
I suspect MTL trades Erik Cole before Cammalleri and that package doesn't land you Cammalleri. Blum + 1st(2012) is a nice starting point.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:49 AM
  #45
timorousme
luongod
 
timorousme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Blum Hornqvist and a 1st cant get us a 1st liner? Yea ****ing right.

can it? sure why not
will it? uhhhhhh


i love when you guys talk in certainities

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:51 AM
  #46
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
Well, it all depends what you mean as a 1st line scorer. Value-wise you probably would get someone good with that Horny+Blum+1st package. But in reality it's only about values, the trade would have to benefit both teams, and most of the time teams are very reluctant to trade their own main pieces, even if the return might be good. That's why the player you are targeting must be someone, whose value to his team is decreasing for some reason, whether it's the level of play, too big salary, contract ending, or personal relationships within the team. Other than those kind of examples, you are not getting the deal done.

And sorry for sounding like a jackass in my previous post, now that I think about it, actually that is a pretty good package for this kind of a thread.

I understand completely what you said, which is why I made a thread to see what other peoples pov and here there offers but I only have a couple so far. I dont know enough about other organizations current situations. One i could go for is IGGY cause of CGYS situation but i dont much about other players in his kind of position or other "Neal" esque players that could be had. Then again who thought Neal and Stewart were available last year?

And no worries man its all good, i may seem a bit cranky but thats because im a very frustrated fan needing to vent.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:54 AM
  #47
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'm thinkg that this deal could happen if the Habs are out of the playoff race at the deadline, Habs get a great young D-man (believe me I've seen him play a lot) and Preds get what they've been looking for.

Just think about having PK and Blum on Habs blueline in the future, that would be great.
I have to admit I haven't seen a lot from Blum, but even if he is really good, I don't think the Habs are looking for another young defenceman. The current core consists of defencemen, who besides Gill, Spacek and Gorges, all are 25 or younger. Also there are 1st round picks Beaulieu are Tinordi looking for a roster spot in a couple of years. I would rather trade Cammy for a forward. Is Colin Wilson too much to ask?

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:59 AM
  #48
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
I have to admit I haven't seen a lot from Blum, but even if he is really good, I don't think the Habs are looking for another young defenceman. The current core consists of defencemen, who besides Gill, Spacek and Gorges, all are 25 or younger. Also there are 1st round picks Beaulieu are Tinordi looking for a roster spot in a couple of years. I would rather trade Cammy for a forward. Is Colin Wilson too much to ask?
Wilson and Smith are the only 2 players who have created any offensive opportunities pretty much all year. We need a player to play with them, once that happens we have our first 1st line in a long time. So to make that trade is one step back and one step forward.

Hornqvist, Beck, 1st? If you dont know who Beck is, he was quietly one of the OHLS higher scorers. Hes in the AHL now. He has jumped up to the top of our depth charts recently.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:10 AM
  #49
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,905
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
Quite frankly, you're delusional if you think Nashville can land anything other than fringe 1st line talent with those pieces.
quite right!

tell you what though, gomez can be had for a song.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:12 AM
  #50
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach
 
Jack DiBiase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Wilson and Smith are the only 2 players who have created any offensive opportunities pretty much all year. We need a player to play with them, once that happens we have our first 1st line in a long time. So to make that trade is one step back one step forward.
I was kind of hoping for Smith to be the Jamie Benn, where Wilson would become the James Neal. But I guess you want to keep both of them and there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Hornqvist, Beck, 1st? If you dont know who Beck is, he was quietly one of the OHLS higher scorers. Hes in the AHL now. He has jumped up to the top of our depth charts recently.
If I wanted Cammalleri gone, I would want a player in return who has similar skills or potential to become one. He is such a big part of the Habs roster, that the trade would almost guarantee no playoffs. Even with the current slump, I still think the playoffs are very possible. Maybe at the trade deadline, if the team is going for a rebuild.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.