HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Elliot starts Friday;Colaliacovo ready to play

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
  #1
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
Elliot starts Friday;Colaliacovo ready to play

As per JR.

(maybe not thread worthy, but news none the less)

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
  #2
fcpremix88
Registered User
 
fcpremix88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 602
Who does he replace? I actually want Huskins to stay in the lineup.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
  #3
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpremix88 View Post
Who does he replace? I actually want Huskins to stay in the lineup.
Nikitin is my guess. Huskins has a +5 with 3 points, no way should he be taken out of the lineup.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
  #4
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
He's ready to play, he might not get in though says JR

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:19 PM
  #5
The Note
Expectations: Low
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: STL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Let's hope he takes Nikitin's spot, kid's looked rough past few games

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:49 PM
  #6
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Nikitin is my guess. Huskins has a +5 with 3 points, no way should he be taken out of the lineup.
But +/- doesn't mean anything...


Last edited by bluemandan: 10-21-2011 at 12:03 AM.
bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 11:25 AM
  #7
Stang
Registered User
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note View Post
Let's hope he takes Nikitin's spot, kid's looked rough past few games
I definitely agree.

Jeremy Rutherford
Looks like Nikitin, Reaves and Chorney are scratches

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
  #8
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,696
vCash: 50
We all know I'm one of Nikitin's biggest supporters, but he does need to sit a few games and get his head screwed back on. Has looked rough lately. I still wanna see Chorney get in a game.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:07 PM
  #9
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,028
vCash: 500
is Carlo still a big part of the team? Or is he definitely taking a backseat to Pietrangelo and Shatts...

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:51 PM
  #10
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
is Carlo still a big part of the team? Or is he definitely taking a backseat to Pietrangelo and Shatts...
When healthy he is definately in the top 6, was paired with Petro to start the year, last night he was with Shatts i believe. But Petro and Shatts are definately the top 2

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:04 PM
  #11
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator
 
EastonBlues22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
When healthy he is definately in the top 6, was paired with Petro to start the year, last night he was with Shatts i believe. But Petro and Shatts are definately the top 2
This should be qualified slightly. Those are the top two for offensive situations, with Colaiacovo tops on the LH side and #3 overall, but Shattenkirk is definitely not a top 4 guy on our particular depth chart (as opposed to the more generic "top 4" label that people use to describe a defenseman's ability) when it comes to the PK and defensive assignments against top lines.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:00 AM
  #12
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 6,990
vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
is Carlo still a big part of the team? Or is he definitely taking a backseat to Pietrangelo and Shatts...
Geez he's played two really solid games since coming back from the concussion...and surprisingly physical for Colaiacovo. But more than I would have guessed, his presence seemed to settle the defense down.

Prior to this, I was thinking if we traded him as part of a package it wouldn't matter much. But I have to admit, I think he's taking a step forward this season and showing some veteran savvy at times. With as young as the Blues' defense is, we need that presence.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:11 PM
  #13
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,477
vCash: 500
We may be underestimating Brian Elliot.

He was a big-time goalie in college at Wisconsin and played very well in the AHL before getting to the NHL.

He's a talented goalie who maybe just needed the experience he got over the last three years and is now ready to step up and become an upper-level NHL goaltender.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 11:39 PM
  #14
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 6,990
vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
We may be underestimating Brian Elliot.

He was a big-time goalie in college at Wisconsin and played very well in the AHL before getting to the NHL.

He's a talented goalie who maybe just needed the experience he got over the last three years and is now ready to step up and become an upper-level NHL goaltender.
Who's we?

I said all along that I thought he'd win the back-up job and be a good option. I didn't expect a .930 save percentage, but he's started a lot of games in the NHL for a player as young as he is that is considered a back-up. There's no reason to assume he couldn't continue to improve....especially if you get him out of a bottom-feeder team into a situation where he can enjoy a little more success.

Halak is going to have to get some starts soon. The really interesting dilemma will be what Payne does if Halak starts playing solid and making timely saves, too. Do you have them playing 1a and 1b trying to distribute starts evenly? Can that even work?

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:00 AM
  #15
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Who's we?

I said all along that I thought he'd win the back-up job and be a good option. I didn't expect a .930 save percentage, but he's started a lot of games in the NHL for a player as young as he is that is considered a back-up. There's no reason to assume he couldn't continue to improve....especially if you get him out of a bottom-feeder team into a situation where he can enjoy a little more success.

Halak is going to have to get some starts soon. The really interesting dilemma will be what Payne does if Halak starts playing solid and making timely saves, too. Do you have them playing 1a and 1b trying to distribute starts evenly? Can that even work?
Correction - that should have been me instead of we.

Maybe just because of the contracts, Halak probably gets his starting job back if he performs. (But he will remain on double secret probation.)

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.