HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part III (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

View Poll Results: Which team is better?
Former Habs 34 44.16%
Current Habs 33 42.86%
It's even 4 5.19%
None 6 7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Fire Gauthier.
Fire Carrier.

Horrible management and horrific player evaluation. The director of pro scouting should be fired. When he's on, Bergeron is easily a top 5 offensive defensemen in the league. Gauthier should have realized that and given him a contract equivalent to Markov.

Case in point: Marc-André already has 2 more goals and 10 more points than our superstar defenseman Andrei Markov. Although he's -1, it's not his fault, his partner has been terrible. Put him with a guy like Hal Gill and Bergeron will flourish.

**** this team.

(Did I do it right?)
This and OP are win.

Old
10-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You can add Frankie Boullion to that list.

Gauthier..Gainey
I want that we do it till Souray.

Old
10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Souvenirs

that's what losing does to a fanbase

Old
10-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What a shot, Souray gets his 2nd of the year

Old
10-25-2011, 09:31 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
What a shot, Souray gets his 2nd of the year
And it didn't look like he really hammered it either.. Souray now as 2 goals and 6 points on the season..

Old
10-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Watching the Tampa game right now and man is MAB patient out there. When you look at our powerplay, all of our defenseman, particularly Subban simply rush the puck. MAB looks around, waits and thinks the game. Obviously when we let him go and signed Markov we knew Marky is a similar player, and arguably a better player. However, he is not here and we really see it in our transition game and our powerplay. So what are our options for the present? Diaz is probably our best option in terms of a patient, thinking defender. But he is inexperienced. The habs need a top four physical defenseman and we need an intelligent defender as well.

Also MAB 10 points in 9 games. Chew on that guys.

Not cool. I made a fair and relevant point. I am not acting negative, just analyzing the situation at an objective point of view. Its a clear weakness.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:52 AM
FuriousBob

I had fun compiling the players we traded or lost for nothing due to UFA vs. what we got in return. I made team out of the 2 groups, heres the result.

D’agostini-Grabovski-S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Ribeiro- Tanguay
Lapierre – Higgins- Samsonov
Maxwell - Chipchura - Begin

Wisniewski- Streit
McDonagh – Souray
O’byrne - MAB

Halak
Huet

The Return:

Aaraon Palushaj- Scott Gomez- Benoit Pouliot
Tom Pyatt, Lars Eller, Michael Bournival
Tony Salmelainen- Nigel Dawes – Dustin Boyd
Magnus Nygren – Andrew Conboy

Brent Sopel – Brett Festerling
Jassen Cullimore – Greg Pateryn
Janne Niinimaa – Michael Busto

Dan Ellis

I could of included the Rivet trade but still the 2 teams wouldn't be close at all.

Old
10-26-2011, 06:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Incredible though how we had so much success with the PP, even as far as saying that our team's success was build around it and yet, we succesful got rid of 3 of the key factors of our PP. Souray, Streit and Bergeron. At one point, it has to get to you. Yes, we all know Markov is also THE key, yet, it's not Subban nor Weber who proved that they can be as deadly on the PP with their hard shot AND accurate one compared to the other 3.

Old
10-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Incredible though how we had so much success with the PP, even as far as saying that our team's success was build around it and yet, we succesful got rid of 3 of the key factors of our PP. Souray, Streit and Bergeron. At one point, it has to get to you. Yes, we all know Markov is also THE key, yet, it's not Subban nor Weber who proved that they can be as deadly on the PP with their hard shot AND accurate one compared to the other 3.
Only 3? What about Schneider and more recently Wisniewski? I am done with PG and Martin. Too many glaring holes and ****** acquisitions on this team that could have been addressed during the off season and wasn't especially with markov's knee still questionable. Somebody has to pay.

Old
10-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
I had fun compiling the players we traded or lost for nothing due to UFA vs. what we got in return. I made team out of the 2 groups, heres the result.

Wisniewski- Streit
McDonagh – Souray
O’byrne - MAB

Halak
Huet

The Return:

Dan Ellis

I could of included the Rivet trade but still the 2 teams wouldn't be close at all.
Why would Gorges Pacioretty Cammallei Campoli Gill Gionta Cole Lang Darche Moen Hamrlik(replaced Souray) etc not be included?

Old
10-26-2011, 09:17 AM
habitue*

Quote:

Wisniewski- Streit
McDonagh – Souray
O’byrne - MAB

Halak
Huet

The Return:

Dan Ellis

Interesting lists. But please.... No Samsonov !

Old
10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Only 3? What about Schneider and more recently Wisniewski? I am done with PG and Martin. Too many glaring holes and ****** acquisitions on this team that could have been addressed during the off season and wasn't especially with markov's knee still questionable. Somebody has to pay.
I agree that it was dumb to overlook the PP even with Subban Markov Weber Diaz Emelin in house in favor of adding Cole to improve 5 on 5 play and add size.

Why try to improve your weaknesses when you can make your strengths even stronger?

Old
10-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
So you purposefully left out players to aid your agenda, definitely not biased at all.

Old
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Bryson

The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first game of the season after 8 straight losses. The game in which James Wisniewski came back from suspension and played 27 minutes! Coincidence?

Old
10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
FuriousBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
So you purposefully left out players to aid your agenda, definitely not biased at all.
I said I could of put them in and I hesitated to put the trade in since it was in 2006... Plus I am pretty sure I forgotten some trades. Right this morning I remembered we got Wiznewski by trade too so I could of put him in too. It was more of a fun thing to do line up than a 100% HF Approved where it would of taken me 36 hours of work to satisfy those people who spend their time complaining here.

Old
10-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first game of the season after 8 straight losses. The game in which James Wisniewski came back from suspension and played 27 minutes! Coincidence?
We'll see...if they go on to win another 73 games in a row we'll know Wiz is the difference!

Old
10-26-2011, 11:39 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Maybe he remembered not to chase his man to the blue line, this time.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

I'm anxious to see what happens to Wiz and the Jackets. I supported the Markov signing but in hindsight Wiz and Hamrlik would look a lot better on the Habs' roster right now instead of Hal Gill and Andrei Markov.

Old
10-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Bieber fever

do you think Pouliot is playing is last year in the NHL ?? I heard boston wanted to waive him.....

7GP-0G-0A and -2

Last edited by Bieber fever: 10-27-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old
10-27-2011, 03:32 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
do you think Pouliot is playing is last year in the NHL ?? I heard boston wanted to waive him.....
Not possible. We misused him. But he's supposed to be a star in Boston! Julien will work wonders with him!

Old
10-28-2011, 04:30 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:

7GP-0G-0A and -2
hehe ouch

Old
10-28-2011, 04:45 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would Gorges Pacioretty Cammallei Campoli Gill Gionta Cole Lang Darche Moen Hamrlik(replaced Souray) etc not be included?
Exactly what I was wondering. We lose some to UFA and we gain. Draft picks are not wasted either (Pacioretty) and Gorges not being there is a joke. Anyways the methodology of the whole exercise is doubtful at best. Some players could be switched from one list to another. Wisniewski for instance was acquired in a trade in the first place, same with Tanguay. Pouliot was let go at UFA, but he looks far better as a bust so he put it in the second list. The ''dearly missed'' players were all acquired by the team anyways and left for a reason or another, Habs deserve credit for getting them in the first place...

Even the best teams sometimes lose good players so its not overly shocking to see the canadiens lose some decent players.

Furthermore of the roster he posted there are very few players of which we can't find an equivalent in free agency.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:

7GP-0G-0A and -2
Sad...I really liked him and I thought he had a lot of potential. But he doesn't have the drive. Not sure if he really wants to play hockey honestly.

The guy is strong, a decent fighter, has offensive skills, is big and lanky...He has a great backhand shot and fantastic reach. He could be so much better than he is. It's a real shame.

I sort of had my doubts about him at the draft. The guy was nowhere in the first round and had a good 2nd half to his season in the jrs...Suddenly he's 4th overall?

waffledave
Old
10-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

7GP-0G-0A and -2
What???

That can't be possible...I read a few weeks back that he was better than Cole on this very board!!!

Old
10-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Sad...I really liked him and I thought he had a lot of potential. But he doesn't have the drive. Not sure if he really wants to play hockey honestly.

The guy is strong, a decent fighter, has offensive skills, is big and lanky...He has a great backhand shot and fantastic reach. He could be so much better than he is. It's a real shame.

I sort of had my doubts about him at the draft. The guy was nowhere in the first round and had a good 2nd half to his season in the jrs...Suddenly he's 4th overall?
The fact that he was a late birthday should have pushed him to being drafted later with those numbers(see Jurco and Saad).

The thing that hurts him is he plays "small" not good in traffic, gets knocked off stride or off the puck too easily. If you pit him against Desharnais in 10 1 on 1 puck battles, I would say DD wins 8 or 9 of them. DD is 7-8 inches shoter but more sturdy on his skates and uses leverage more.

Closed Thread