HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cody Franson is Available

Old
10-26-2011, 08:12 AM
gabeliscious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
some toronto fans are still pumped to have him. keep on thinking a trade rumour is "great" and somehow justifies trading him. considering what toronto paid for him and lombardi, somehow i doubt nashville fans should be laughing here. as much as i hate the whole "who won?" nonsense when it comes to trades, this one is working out just fine for toronto.
couldnt agree more.

at the time of the trade i think most assumed that franson would be playing as an every day defenseman and lombardi would sit in a padded room for 2 years. its funny how things work out.

lombardi has been playing decent in my opinion. especially when you consider he hasnt played for such a long time.

the fact remains we dumped lebdas ~1.4 million for the season in exchange for fransons $800,000. yes lombardi is expensive but he is contributing and playing in just about every role given to him from 1st line center to 4th.

i think the issue with franson was because of the shocking play of gardiner. i dont think anyone expected him to be able to make the team this year. he basically stole franson and aulies position.

as much as leafs fans ***** about komisarek being useless, franson has not shown any reason why he should be playing instead of komi and offers non of the intangibles (leadership, character, etc, etc) that komi gives off the ice.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:37 AM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
This is great. Toronto fans were so pumped about getting him, even though us Preds fans told them he wasn't Jesus. Too bad for Cody though. I've met him and his mother and sister and they were all very friendly.
That's actually pretty cool.

And i don't speak for the whole leafs nation, but the whole excitement over that deal was because we got rid of Lebda. Anytime you get rid of a player like Lebda, it calls for celebration.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:43 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
That's actually pretty cool.

And i don't speak for the whole leafs nation, but the whole excitement over that deal was because we got rid of Lebda. Anytime you get rid of a player like Lebda, it calls for celebration.
I know, I'm just messing with some of your posters. Some crazy ones at that. It was a salary dump for us, nothing more, so it worked out ok. I've actually been semi keeping up with the Leafs so far as my east team of choice so I really was wanting Cody to succeed.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:49 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Burke will always strive to make the team better. AK doesn't address that.

Bailey, Comeau, Hartnell and Turris may.

Burke will find a way.
Comeau has proven nothing in his career, he had one good year thus far and has done nothing to justify being better than AK who has scored 20g a year easy on a defensive team.

Bailey... dude has done nothing this year and isn't even like he's a huge center or something. Again has proven pretty much nothing.

Turris.... again, proven nothing.

Hartnell on the other hand I agree with you, but the other three players have an even bigger chance to be busts than AK does. AK at least puts up 20g 40p a year consistently outside of being injured. I'm not saying Bailey and Comeau can't step up but come on, bias against AK much?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

The Bruins should be all over this, Caron and a third for Franson please.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:24 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

franson is available... but we're not giving the guy away lol. i don't mind him being 6th/7th D.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
JalapenoPeppa*

Franson and a 2nd for Turris, do it Burke.

JalapenoPeppa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Leafs/Habs:

Franson+Komisarek for Gomez+pick

Montreal gets some d, Toronto gets a "top 6" forward, Lucic get's his punching bag back on the Habs. Everybody wins!
Unless the pick is a 1st, hell no. Even then its debateable.

Gomez.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:09 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Common sense. Komisarek alone wont get you a good top 6 forwards
the way I heard it Kaberle wasn't getting Toronto a 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Knight and 3rd

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

The Oilers should be all over this, especially is Whitney is injured again.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:12 AM
stingo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send him to the Hawks for Stalberg. We could rotate him in and out of the 6th spot with O'Donnel.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:19 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Comeau has proven nothing in his career, he had one good year thus far and has done nothing to justify being better than AK who has scored 20g a year easy on a defensive team.

Bailey... dude has done nothing this year and isn't even like he's a huge center or something. Again has proven pretty much nothing.

Turris.... again, proven nothing.

Hartnell on the other hand I agree with you, but the other three players have an even bigger chance to be busts than AK does. AK at least puts up 20g 40p a year consistently outside of being injured. I'm not saying Bailey and Comeau can't step up but come on, bias against AK much?
are you dumb? proven players cost a lot more than un-proven players on the verge of breaking out. it's a risk-assessment/talent-analysis thing Burke and co. will have to do

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Arbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Send him to the Hawks for Stalberg. We could rotate him in and out of the 6th spot with O'Donnel.
We sent Stalberg away for a reason

Arbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agi View Post
The Leafs have enormous depth on the blue line and I can see them packaging off Franson and Bozak along with Komisarek as a cap dump for a top 2 centre or top six forward.
You actually think Franson, Bozak and Komisarek will bring you a top 6 forward? Komisarek has similar value to Redden, Bozak maybe a 3rd round pick and Franson might bring you a 2nd. Would you trade for a top 6 forward for Redden, a 2nd and a 3rd?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
You actually think Franson, Bozak and Komisarek will bring you a top 6 forward? Komisarek has similar value to Redden, Bozak maybe a 3rd round pick and Franson might bring you a 2nd. Would you trade for a top 6 forward for Redden, a 2nd and a 3rd?
I think you're underrating the Leaf players a bit.

You really think Komi is as bad as Redden? Komi can at least crack the team and has a way better cap hit than Redden does (still bad though). He's clearly not the all-star he once was but there's still a chance he can regain his form. He isn't even 30 yet. The guy is still a great open ice hitter and adds some grit to a team that is devoid of it. He could be a good fit on the right team, like any reclamation project.

Bozak has been playing very good hockey lately and is a pretty damn hard working 2 way Centre with great faceoff skill on a nice contract. He's worth more than a 3rd and I would say a key member of the Leafs, they won't let him go for an insignificant pick.

Franson you have about right.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:58 AM
toquerasta

Quote:
We would need to make space for Caron sometime in the future if we got him, but the Leafs would be stupid to turn this down. I have a tough time believing they would get a better offer.

toquerasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:00 PM
gdg9

Quote:
Done!
Where do we sign.

gdg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:02 PM
syc

If it's a pick Burke will get a 2nd for Franson.

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
The Oilers should be all over this, especially is Whitney is injured again.
The Oilers will be fine, Petry will be called up to replace Whitney. Petry was doing fine before he was sent down and was sent down due to the numbers game.

I don't think the Oilers want any part of what the Leafs have to offer, it seems to be always the same 3 the Leafs want to unload, Franson, Bozak and Komisarek. If the Leaf fans don't want them, why would you think the Oilers would.

The Oilers are among the leaders in defensive stats, were the leafs are around the bottom and you want a D that cannot make that squad.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote