Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 04:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Karpat vs Lukko

Karpat vs Lukko 9-28-03

I just got this game on tape, and it's my first game that I've seen from the sm-liiga. wow the ice is so big, I can't get over the size of the rink. I didn't know Joe Murphy was playing for Lukko I thought he was finished playing hockey.

I don't know anything about Lukko, but Karpat seemed the better team, solid in there own end. It was cool to see Korpikari play, as I never saw him play until today. I hope to get more Karpat games in the future.

My question is, are they any draft eligilble players on either team for the NHL '04 draft? Thanks.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:28 AM
hannes_ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Karpat vs Lukko 9-28-03

I didn't know Joe Murphy was playing for Lukko I thought he was finished playing hockey.
He´s not THE Joe Murphy. This guy is a career AHLer, Binghampton, Grand Rapids and Rochester.

I think it´s very good to see a Kärpät game as a first Finnish league game, the team is young and fun to watch. Lots of good players.

So you´ve seen as many SM-liiga games as I have this year... I know, I´m spoiled, I just don´t have energy to watch SM-liiga games now that I see 2-3 NHL games a week and even more in Playoffs times. Next step is to get AHL games shown in Finland. I wonder how that would work out.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:27 AM
Sampe

Quote:
Karpat vs Lukko 9-28-03
My question is, are they any draft eligilble players on either team for the NHL '04 draft? Thanks.
As far as I know, Mikko Alikoski of Kärpät (born 7/28/1986) is the only one and he's only played once in the SM-liiga so far. Alikoski is an excellent playmaker but only 5'7/180 at the moment. A very interesting prospect. In the Junior A, he has 4 goals and 10 points in 10 games so far and is leading his team in ppg average.

edit: oh, and he scored 4 goals and 6 points in the U-18 World Cup tournament this fall. I believe a certain fellow named Sidney Crosby scored 6 points in that tournament as well...

Old
10-28-2003, 09:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thanks for the info. I thought there was a guy on Lukko that could be drafted this summer, but I'm not sure. I thought they had a young defensemen, maybe he's not eligible till '05?

Old
10-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Sampe

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I thought there was a guy on Lukko that could be drafted this summer, but I'm not sure. I thought they had a young defensemen, maybe he's not eligible till '05?
Sorry, I can't think of anyone. Kärpät do have a young and talented D-man who's a 2005 draftee, though: Risto Korhonen. Like Alikoski, he plays for the Junior A team and has 1+2=3 points in 13 games.

Old
10-28-2003, 10:30 AM
miklu

Ilkka Heikkinen probably?

Old
10-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklu
Ilkka Heikkinen propably?
Him and Janne Niskala (assuming he keeps producing) are probably the likeliest to be drafted.

Old
10-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Well, #20 in Karpat, Janne Pesonen.
17 games, 5 goals, 5 assist, +6
Very talented and very good player. And not drafted yet as far as I know.

Closed Thread