HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

24.10.2011 Panthers @ Canadiens

View Poll Results: Who gets fired first?
Tony Sparano 12 31.58%
Jacques Martin 26 68.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2011, 05:33 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I do think there were times last season where he didn't take a timeout in those situations as last night. Can anyone confirm? If not then I remember wrong
Pete never took a time out at any games i attended outside the 3rd period. Additionally, rarely did he interact with the players during the timeout.

That nightmare is over, we have a coach who understands NHL and NHL players, moving on.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
Was it actually a punch to the back of the head on Versteeg that led to him taking a break? That is what the commentators said but I never saw a replay and no penalty either.
I believe it was Harvey's twitter that said Versteeg's missed time was because of a skate blade problem.

-ghoste

Old
10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
What the heck are you talking about? One of Markstrom's strengths is that he is very good at staying in position and covering the net. I don't recall him "being out of position" last night. Not sure exactly to what you're referring.
Lol I can tell you now, positioning is not his strength. Atleast not at the NHL level yet. Like I said, he's so good at using his size it composates for his lack of experience with the NHL speed. This kid is going to he great. But I think all of us knew that within the first year he was drafted. He's like a Kolzig/Lundqvist combo. DEADLY.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Lol I can tell you now, positioning is not his strength. Atleast not at the NHL level yet. Like I said, he's so good at using his size it composates for his lack of experience with the NHL speed. This kid is going to he great. But I think all of us knew that within the first year he was drafted. He's like a Kolzig/Lundqvist combo. DEADLY.
Thought he was positioned fine, but rebound control seems to be an issue.

10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Thought he was positioned fine, but rebound control seems to be an issue.
As a goalie, in my opinion, his positioning was perfect, always square to the shooter, limited movements. The only time he was out of position was when he was scrambling and he still got back to make the saves. He sometimes has a hard time holding on to the puck in the glove and I remember noticing that when I watched him play for Sweden when he was younger. This kid is special and if certain things fall into place he could carry us.

Old
10-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
As a goalie, in my opinion, his positioning was perfect, always square to the shooter, limited movements. The only time he was out of position was when he was scrambling and he still got back to make the saves. He sometimes has a hard time holding on to the puck in the glove and I remember noticing that when I watched him play for Sweden when he was younger. This kid is special and if certain things fall into place he could carry us.
Honestly, I didn't want to hang myself out there, but I felt his positioning was perfect as well, except when he popped out a rebound and had to scramble back. Even still, he seemed to know exactly what was going on in the area where he put the rebound.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Yeah there was nothing wrong with Markstrom's positioning at all. His technical game is one of his main strengths and it is near flawless. It is pretty much exactly how you want a goalie to play. They were even commenting last night on nhl on the fly about how even when he was scrambling to make the second and third saves he was in good position. He had to scramble a lot last night which might look deceiving, but as far as the intial shot there was no problem with his positioning. Kid has it all, size, technique, reflexes, mental strength. Told y'all he was a stone cold stud.

I also agree with MickOlax, Weiss has to start elevating the puck when he has a goalie dead to rights. I love the guy and he's playing great but it frustrates the hell out of me when he does that, and he does it a lot. It's not that hard to lift the puck Weisser, especially for a guy with your skill.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:29 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah there was nothing wrong with Markstrom's positioning at all. His technical game is one of his main strengths and it is near flawless. It is pretty much exactly how you want a goalie to play. They were even commenting last night on nhl on the fly about how even when he was scrambling to make the second and third saves he was in good position. He had to scramble a lot last night which might look deceiving, but as far as the intial shot there was no problem with his positioning. Kid has it all, size, technique, reflexes, mental strength. Told y'all he was a stone cold stud.

I also agree with MickOlax, Weiss has to start elevating the puck when he has a goalie dead to rights. I love the guy and he's playing great but it frustrates the hell out of me when he does that, and he does it a lot. It's not that hard to lift the puck Weisser, especially for a guy with your skill.
Weiss has had that issue for as long as I can remember. Being able to do that is what separates him from the better offensive players. You know a guys like Briere or Alfredsson would have roofed that.

Last edited by RainingRats: 10-26-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old
10-26-2011, 10:34 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Weiss has had that issue for as long as I can remember. Being able to do that is what separates him from the better offensive players.
Agree. That and a few more selfish shots on goals would make him a 35 goal scorer.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:36 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Agree. That and a few more selfish shots on goals would make him a 35 goal scorer.
No doubt. If he shot as much as Booth he'd have more goals.

Booth, Jokinen, Bure. All guys who have scored goals because they shoot a lot.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:59 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
No doubt. If he shot as much as Booth he'd have more goals.

Booth, Jokinen, Bure. All guys who have scored goals because they shoot a lot.
And theres nothing wrong with that. As i used to say coaching peewee, the best pass is a rebound.

Closed Thread