HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter on waivers

Old
10-25-2011, 12:56 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 500
Carter on waivers

Quote:
FLA puts Ryan Carter on waivers. That is all.
-Bob McKenzie

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:37 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I can't say I'm really surprised. I can't see him ever being more than a 4th line call-up with us at this point. I hope he gets claimed to somewhere that can give him a bit more ice time.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Frek
WE SEE RED!

Not surprising. With the recent trade and the extra body picked up, we knew somebody was going.

Frek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Think this has more to do with Kennedy's play than the trade. That line has looked really good. No idea what happens when Samuelsson gets healthy.

10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Holy Jokinen

Been disappointed with Carter this year compared to the few games last season. Definitely saw this coming.

How awesome is that Matthias-Kennedy-Bradley 4th line? They were dominating every shift out there.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Think this has more to do with Kennedy's play than the trade. That line has looked really good. No idea what happens when Samuelsson gets healthy.
Agreed.

It's weird because Carter played so well last year in his time here, and Kennedy was so invisible.

Kennedy's always had the track record of being the more productive player, though. Glad to see him doing well.

That Kennedy-Matthias-Bradley line is playing great.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:33 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Do you think that Carter looked good last year because we had an AHL team after the deadline? I thought he would be a good 4th line guy but he has been awful.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Do you think that Carter looked good last year because we had an AHL team after the deadline? I thought he would be a good 4th line guy but he has been awful.
It's possible, but i kinda don't think so. He ran around with a purpose and banged bodies and really laid out some nice hits. All he's done this year is take penalties and misplay the puck. If that's all i'm noticing him do, then he's not doing well enough.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:37 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Agreed.

It's weird because Carter played so well last year in his time here, and Kennedy was so invisible.

Kennedy's always had the track record of being the more productive player, though. Glad to see him doing well.

That Kennedy-Matthias-Bradley line is playing great.
kennedy has looked good (his stride reminds me of weiss a bit) but i bet we can all agree that matthias is making that line go. seems like a nice dynamic with those three - complimentary guys.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
kennedy has looked good (his stride reminds me of weiss a bit) but i bet we can all agree that matthias is making that line go. seems like a nice dynamic with those three - complimentary guys.
Absolutely.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Two4Fighting

Quote:
I have made a comment before Kennedy's stride, he seems slow, but is kind of deceptive, because he can keep up most of the times, he just does not appear to be as quick as other players of his size, this just my perception.

Two4Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
While I agree with what you say about Matty making that line go, I think Bradley has been a pleasant surprise as well, and is a key to the line as well. I can see why Cap fans loved this guy.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Matthias has been my favorite player for a couple years now. I just like what he can bring. I think that line clicks well, and Kennedy seems to complete what Carter could not. Matthias centering it is a huge plus as well.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Matthias has been my favorite player for a couple years now. I just like what he can bring. I think that line clicks well, and Kennedy seems to complete what Carter could not. Matthias centering it is a huge plus as well.
Always like Matthias too and always hoped we wouldn't give up on him. I wouldn't mind seeing him getting some PP time or a chance to play with Skille. I think they would complement each other nicely

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 04:26 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Quote:
Put me down for agreeing with this as well. Matthias has been the star on that line- but all three are having a fantastic start.

Bradley has been in fights, thrown some hits, and Kennedy has been all over the puck it seems. I lost track of how often I was hearing that line on the ice.

It's very reassuring to know we have a solid line like them, that can battle for the puck but also score some goals.

Sad to see Carter go, but thems the breaks when a line starts clicking.

CatWoman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
Put me down for agreeing with this as well. Matthias has been the star on that line- but all three are having a fantastic start.

Bradley has been in fights, thrown some hits, and Kennedy has been all over the puck it seems. I lost track of how often I was hearing that line on the ice.

It's very reassuring to know we have a solid line like them, that can battle for the puck but also score some goals.

Sad to see Carter go, but thems the breaks when a line starts clicking.
From reading your message it also popped into my mind it's nice to see Dineen giving ice time to "bottom" lines too if they do there job.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
From reading your message it also popped into my mind it's nice to see Dineen giving ice time to "bottom" lines too if they do there job.
Having a bottom line that can do a good job is always a good situation. Plus being able to roll four lines on and off will help players last the whole season and hopefully reduce some of the wear and tear on the top lines.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

It was obvious someone was going to get sent down once Santo cameback. Carter was just the odd man out. He was playing well but someone needed to get sent down. Hopefully Dadonov starts producing so we can swap him with Kennedy. Kennedy is okay but he's not Dadonov. Would be sick to see Matthias centering Skille and Dadonov!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:14 PM
luby3131

Who would've thought that we would ever be talking about this team having too much depth? Just wait til Bergenheim and Samuelsson are back. By far the best team we've had since '96

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
Who would've thought that we would ever be talking about this team having too much depth? Just wait til Bergenheim and Samuelsson are back. By far the best team we've had since '96
Ditto! And when we get those two back who gets sent down? Kennedy and Kearns?

Carter has played well and hopefully continues to improve in the minors to give us even more depth!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Ditto! And when we get those two back who gets sent down? Kennedy and Kearns?

Carter has played well and hopefully continues to improve in the minors to give us even more depth!
kearns has been sent down already. It will be mighty interesting who is the next `player going down. or perhaps we will see another trade coming (doubtful I know, but would make sense)?

Im sad to see that carter hasnt been making the most of this opportunity, I really liked him at the end of last year. maybe he just needs to taste the Ahl for a few weeks and then he'll be more willing to fight for time on the panthers.

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
While I agree with what you say about Matty making that line go, I think Bradley has been a pleasant surprise as well, and is a key to the line as well. I can see why Cap fans loved this guy.
Yeah, I like what Bradley has brought to the table. He's already chipped in a goal and that monster hit on Desharnais last night was great. Also cool when an Islander in the season opener tried to run him and totally got flattened.

As for Carter, it seemed only a matter of time. Sammy should add a lot more than he did so our team seems to be better with him down in San Antonio.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
gizmo12688

Carter gets claimed by the New Jersey DeBoers.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:06 PM
zeroG

bmac sez:

Quote:
NJ claims Ryan Carter on waivers from FLA.
TSNBobMcKenzie

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

Good! We just have way too many forwards at this point and Carter couldn't really get it going so I'm not sad he's gone.

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote