HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whats the deal with Florida??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2011, 09:58 PM
  #26
Agent007
Registered User
 
Agent007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
And your wrong

Hawks are better with Leddy + Olesz (Who will be bought out for very cheap this summer likely) + A real 3rd pairing on D + Actual bottom 6 depth >>> Campbell and 5 more years of his horrid contract (35M in $$$ + 7.1M in cap hit)

Hawks look alot better this year and the cap room cleared from Campbell allowed Sharp to be signed longterm + Hawks have 3M+ in cap room available right now

Hawks last year

Brouwer-Toews-Kane
Kopecky-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Pisani
Stalberg-Dowell-Skille
(Scott)

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Campbell
Boynton-Cullimore
(Hendry)

Turco
Crawford

Hawks this year

Brunette-Toews-Sharp
Carcillo-Kane-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Stalberg-Kruger-Mayers
(Olesz/Scott)

Keith-Leddy
Hjalmarsson-Seabrook
O'Donnell-Montador
(Lepisto)

Crawford
Emery

+3M in cap space to work with for moves in season
IMHO that Campbell trade had more to do with the long term then it had to do with the short term.

Basically Chicago saved $4m in cap space this year but have yet to realistically replace Campbell in the lineup. Sure Leddy is off to a solid start and offensively the Hawks are looking GREAT but at some point in the season the loss of Campbell will be noticable however the Hawks do have plenty of time to figure things out between now and then.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:08 AM
  #27
Nine to Five
Now Eight to Four!
 
Nine to Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,607
vCash: 500
I know they want to shed salary and that makes sense for the Booth trade in a vacuum...

but then you have the Campbell trade and that's the very opposite of shedding salary. I was aware they needed to pick on salary then but these two trades are still very inconsistent with each other.

I'm not sure what the Cats are doing exactly..

Nine to Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:36 PM
  #28
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,563
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine to Five View Post
I know they want to shed salary and that makes sense for the Booth trade in a vacuum...

but then you have the Campbell trade and that's the very opposite of shedding salary. I was aware they needed to pick on salary then but these two trades are still very inconsistent with each other.

I'm not sure what the Cats are doing exactly..
Not really

Tallon didn't like Booth and his play is still a ? and his contract is pretty bad for a player that they dont have faith in

And Tallon was left with Olesz who was Jacque Martin project ,,, Doesn't fit Tallon's hockey and it was another bad contract they needed to move

Tallon loves Campbell and gave him that insane contract to get him in summer of 08

Not surprising that Tallon moved players he didn't like (Horton , Ballard , Frolik , Olesz and Booth)

Some look bad in hindsight (Horton and Frolik) ,, But they make sense

Also a big market team like Hawks could afford to have Olesz and his contract lying around on roster for this year (Remember he was injured during buyout window thus couldn't be bought out)

Panthers wouldn't have luxury of paying Olesz to do nothing then buy him out next summer

Hawks can (If Huet wasn't already buried I have no doubt Olesz would have been)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:52 PM
  #29
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
-Booth's NTC kicked in this summer so Tallon felt this was the time to move him
- I believe managment in Florida felt Booth's value was decreasing by the day, and one more head shot might have been all she wrote
-Tallon could be targeting Parise this summer to play with Huberdeau,Weiss,Flash,Steeg etc.. Don't laugh, that 4.25 mil a year will help in a offer to Parise for 4-5 years. I think Parise will sign for that year length, then finish his career in another market for another 4-5 year deal
-Money to spend elsewhere instead of just on Booth who was falling down the depth charts in Florida. He used to be the go to guy along with Horton... now he's just another guy.


Of course, this could all backfire on Florida and Tallon if none of those points ring true in the following year.


PS. Horton asked to be traded. Weiss and Booth told Tallon they wanted to stick around.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:56 PM
  #30
Erick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 13,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If that is the case why would Tallon give away Frolik + Salak for Skille/Jessiman/Pacan?

Hawks robbed the Panthers as several teams have ,, Tallon is dumping all the former GM's players he didn't like
and who were doing nothing here.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:59 PM
  #31
Erick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 13,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Not really

Tallon didn't like Booth and his play is still a ? and his contract is pretty bad for a player that they dont have faith in

And Tallon was left with Olesz who was Jacque Martin project ,,, Doesn't fit Tallon's hockey and it was another bad contract they needed to move

Tallon loves Campbell and gave him that insane contract to get him in summer of 08

Not surprising that Tallon moved players he didn't like (Horton , Ballard , Frolik , Olesz and Booth)

Some look bad in hindsight (Horton and Frolik) ,, But they make sense

Also a big market team like Hawks could afford to have Olesz and his contract lying around on roster for this year (Remember he was injured during buyout window thus couldn't be bought out)

Panthers wouldn't have luxury of paying Olesz to do nothing then buy him out next summer

Hawks can (If Huet wasn't already buried I have no doubt Olesz would have been)
Tallon would've liked to keep Horton, but he asked for a trade.

Frolik is not a huge loss. He's already been replaced.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:49 AM
  #32
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
My video! Good find! Hahaha.
Good stuff

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:37 AM
  #33
Street Hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancity44 View Post
They're rebuilding. I can't believe there is so much ambiguity as to why Tallon is making these moves. It's pretty clear, they're aiming to tank and rebuild through picks + free agency.
true, but spending big $$$ on Campbell, Jovo, Upshall, Fleischman isn't exactly building the Panthers into contenders anytime soon. Yes, they will get more cap room next season, but what player of quality is going to sign in FLA to play on a rebuilding team?

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:41 AM
  #34
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
... but what player of quality is going to sign in FLA to play on a rebuilding team?
Players like Campbell Versteeg etc that wants to play in a warm beautiful climate in a state with No taxes with a gorgeous arena and practice facility for a GM thats a proven winner.

A player that wants to be on a a team that signed character proven players to compete over the next 2-4 yrs while the highest rated drafts in the NHL develop.

A player thats happy to see the team shedding nonwinners like Frolik (11g last yr and 1g this yr) or Olesz (6g last year, 0g this year).

A player that wants to play in front of a world class rated Rookie goalie whose stats arent 3.46GAA, .868 SA% and 2-3-1 after 6 games.

Perhaps that is why Booth was in tears when he heard he was traded. On that note, great kid your getting, open your heart to him.



Last edited by adam graves: 10-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.
adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.