HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Sauer - Right shoulder (10/26: Plans to play in home opener)

Old
10-17-2011, 05:57 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

vCash: 500
I'm having trouble living without Sauer, it disturbs me to not have him around. He better be back soon, I might go crazy.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Lol at anyone thinking MDZ won't play.

He's been very good thus far. You can't stress enough the offensive depth the teams we have played have, and MDZ has more then held his own.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM
ruckus*

Do we have any idea why Sauer played in Europe after hurting his shoulder in the first place?

Was there a reason for it?

Maybe I missed something but the way this team has handled Sauer and Staal is just obnoxious.

Maybe I'd know more if our beat reporters actually ****ing covered the team.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Lol at anyone thinking MDZ won't play.

He's been very good thus far. You can't stress enough the offensive depth the teams we have played have, and MDZ has more then held his own.
Not that its an overly meaningful stat, but I think MDZ is leading the team in + - after 3 games.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Levitate

Del Zotto was quite good against the Islanders. His worst moments were trying to defend some 2 on 1's or so and I can't pin that on him. He also made some great moves to get open for some great shots, he just needs to bury some of those chances.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I disagree very much so in regards to MDZ. I was very hard on him last year, but he has been an absolute revelation for the team thus far. Take away the preconceived notions of his "bad" defensive game, and no one is even contemplating the idea of MDZ being a healthy scratch, IMO. He's been the team's 3rd best defenseman, after Ryan and Dan.
Absolutely spot-on with this post.

MDZ made one atrocious mistake in Stockholm, carrying the puck back into the defensive zone and getting overwhelmed by the forecheck. This is what people remember about him, and it colors their view on everything he does. Aside from that one mistake (which was not even totally his fault, as the entire forward corps was changing at once, leaving him with no support, and he would have had to ice the puck), he has been stellar. He's been making good decisions and creating offense without making himself a liability. I was a proponent of letting him work on his game in the AHL, but he has really stepped up in a big way thus far.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
NikC

MDZ played real well last game. He has a frickin dangerous shot , which i hope gets on the net soon. All this kid needs is the confidence of the team, and the coach behind him. Suffer through some tough patches and keep him in. This kid has alot of raw talent.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
bscharf

mdz seems panicked when in his own zone. He turns the puck over alot under pressure and i think erixon has been noticeably better.

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:34 PM
AXN

Both Del Zotto and Erixon have been good. Most goals against are coming against Eminger and Combination of Bell and Woywitka. Bell made the mistake of pinching in last night.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Topic went a bit off topic, but to bring it back, one of the beat writers reported today that Sauer's shot is getting stronger, but the trainers still do not feel comfortable with him taking contact yet. Guess it could be longer then we thought..

I'll try to find the quote but I read it from my twitter feed on my phone earlier.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Both Del Zotto and Erixon have been good. Most goals against are coming against Eminger and Combination of Bell and Woywitka. Bell made the mistake of pinching in last night.
Sorry but I strongly disagree, MDZ had 5 turnovers last night, 3 on one shift alone. He should have taken a penalty on a blatant trip behind the net but we caught a break and it was not called. He missed the net on at least 2 occasions when he had decent scoring chances. He is trying and has not been backing down from physical play, but Erixon has been much better and more useful. Lastly what has MDZ done on the PP? Girardi and McDonagh deserve PP time over MDZ. The kid needs to work on his defensive game, he should not be logging top 4 minutes.

He is not the only player who has stunk up the place, but his play has not been a revelation and plus minus means nothing, there was a season where Malik led the Rangers in plus minus... does that mean he was the best d-man on the team?

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Sam mentioned tonight how Sauer said he is ready to go, but they wanted to make sure he was good for thursday. I guess were going to have him back for the home opener. Pretty pumped, hope it works out!! We need him!!

Giglio NYR15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:46 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Per NHL.com in regards to Pronger:

"He's going to see the eye doctor every day for the next four days," said Holmgren. "We think after that he'll be I don't want to say out of danger, but if everything goes OK and the swelling goes down, he should start on an exercise program sometime after that and we're hoping he could rejoin the team in 10 days to two weeks -- skating-wise, not necessarily playing."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

Where the **** is that coverage for our players. We hear nothing instead.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:30 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Sauer is an EXCELLENT defensive player, but that isn't even what they miss most about him. It's his deceptively simple but nearly always well-executed first pass. IMO, he makes more successful rushes up the ice happen than any other defenseman on the team, relative to icetime.

Del Zotto, as impressive as he has been defensively, hasn't done much offensively at even strength. I do like the way he has handled his time on the PP, which is a big deal for this talent-lacking club.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Hope Sauer is back in time for the next game.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Sauer is an EXCELLENT defensive player, but that isn't even what they miss most about him. It's his deceptively simple but nearly always well-executed first pass. IMO, he makes more successful rushes up the ice happen than any other defenseman on the team, relative to icetime.

Del Zotto, as impressive as he has been defensively, hasn't done much offensively at even strength. I do like the way he has handled his time on the PP, which is a big deal for this talent-lacking club.
I would expect Del Zotto to start getting better offensively at even strength a little at a time. His rookie season he kept on sending those home run passes that we all drooled over, but it backfired last year big time. This year he's definitely shied away from attempting anything like them, but I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff has him start making more breakout passes.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:25 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
I think both he and Staal and underrated in how they move the puck up the ice. Sauer's first pass may be a bit better, but Staal is a bit better at carrying it. Getting these two back is absolutely critical on so many levels (not the least of which being that the offense/puck control should see a dramatic improvement).

Quote:
Agreed on all counts. My hope is that once he feels comfortable in his own zone (and is getting more sheltered minutes in a reduced role) we'll see him start being more creative at ES.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Andrew Gross reports there are 7 d-men skating, Sauer is on the ice.

Giglio NYR15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:50 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sauer was close to playing at the end of the road trip.

Everyone wants the Rangers to acquire a top 4 D. Katie Strang wrote it yesterday. LB has written that a few times this week. Where are the NYR finding that D? www.topfourd.com doesn't work. Last season at this time,the top 4 D were Staal,Girardi,MDZ and Rozsival. Sauer was battling Eminger and Gilroy for #5-#6. McDonagh was in the AHL. Sauer and McD were in the top 4 by February. Why can't MDZ and/or Erixon become top 4 D with Staal out? Hopefully,Staal will be back in the near future.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
http://twitter.com/#!/NYDNRangers
NYDNRangers Pat Leonard
Michael Sauer, as expected following Brendan Bell AHL assignment, plans to play tomorrow #NYR
5 minutes ago

WOOT!!!! Thank the sweet baby Jesus!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Great. Now just need Staal back.

McD Girardi
MDZ Sauer
Woywitka Erixon

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:51 AM
bmw2004

Good news Offcourse, but you making it look like with his and Staal presence the team will automatically become a cup contender.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Great. Now just need Staal back.

McD Girardi
MDZ Sauer
Woywitka Erixon
Are you sure they won't go with Eminger over woy?

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:56 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Good news Offcourse, but you making it look like with his and Staal presence the team will automatically become a cup contender.
Perhaps not, but I think we can agree that without Staal this team is likely going nowhere.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Wow, I thought there would be celebration........

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote