HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Örebro HK

Old
10-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Dustin was injured early and made it back a few games ago.

No matter what, it's a tough way to start on a new team, in a new rink, in a new country... Lot's of social stuff that people tend to forget about sitting in the bleachers that nevertheless matters.

The team as a whole has been grinding out some victories lately, but as the first 1/4 of the regular season is played out, I think some of the "Top" Programs have just started finding their stride and will show up quite differently down the road, so time will tell if ÖHK is all that and a bag of chips.

As far as Dustin is concerned, I wouldn't pass any judgement on him until half way through the season, at the earliest. So far, they have been pretty solid in their own end, but like I said, I think the true challenges are still to come.

Addition:

In today's game vs. archrival Gurktown, the ref kept sending Örebro players to the penalty box to give the lesser ones a sporting chance. No chance of course, but a solid 4-3 victory for Örebro based on tremendous box play of among others Dustin, who was sent in on PK1 consistently together with Jared Aulin and Matt Keith.

Last edited by Ribban: 10-26-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Wanted to update based on the Västerås game.
Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Ribban

Congratulations ÖHK!
What a journey!
Hope you have even better days ahead of you!

Old
03-29-2013, 10:33 AM
zecke26

with soccer and bandy going downhill, hockey will finally get the attention in town.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Komarov47

will AUlin stay?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:53 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komarov47 View Post
will AUlin stay?
good question. he has a contract, the team is in elitserien and during örebro live games he was a nervous wreck on twitter, so he's really connected to the team. i don't see a reason to leave now.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:22 AM
McCullogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post

with soccer and bandy going downhill, hockey will finally get the attention in town.
I wonder if its the same in other cities. Does Avalanche fans want the Broncos to fail, does Starss fans want the Cowboys to fail etc.

Personally I think its great that the hockey team reached elitserien. But now its summer (well) so now I'll cheer for the soccer team. I dont see any conflict in that.

Örebro <3

McCullogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:16 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Congratulations to Örebro. Well done and see you next year.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Is Örebro really going with the Lundberg/Sandberg/Jönsson trio in net? Cocky.

Last edited by Systemfel: 04-08-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Yabob

Sounds a bit risky... Sandberg is the only one with any SEL experience.... and he only played 3 games as a back- up with Djurgården (with another 3 games as the 3rd).

Still, what exactly is there available on the market?

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
joe89

Sandberg was really good down the stretch and is going to get better. Lundberg is also young. Jönsson seems like a Fernström type of deal, good to have as reserve but not likely to play in Elitserien.

I would sign a veteran to go with Sandberg. Loan Lundberg to Allsvenskan in the meantime.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Ribban

Sounds like they are looking, or trying, to bring in a #1 keeper.
Interesting year coming up, as this would be the first time they can sign an unlimited # of NAs, so the pool of talent just grew a little bigger on each position.
Either way, I hope they remember what brought them this success and keep the soul of the team.
They do need another goalie, and I would love to see them sign another big (good sized) grinder, as well as two or three defensemen of which at least one has the ability to jump on the rush and finish if need be.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:35 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Sounds like they are looking, or trying, to bring in a #1 keeper.
Interesting year coming up, as this would be the first time they can sign an unlimited # of NAs, so the pool of talent just grew a little bigger on each position.
Either way, I hope they remember what brought them this success and keep the soul of the team.
They do need another goalie, and I would love to see them sign another big (good sized) grinder, as well as two or three defensemen of which at least one has the ability to jump on the rush and finish if need be.
Look east.

Marko Anttila is more of a scorer, but is quite big ( 201 cm) and reasonably strong. Free agent.

Miikka Wikman is a free agent and hates being a backup.

Wouldn't be surprised if they show interest in Mika Hannula either...

Another free agent is Kyle Klubertanz who liked it in Sweden. If a large scorer type is needed, Teemu Nurmi could also get a look.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote