HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2011, 11:31 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Is that the view from the West Balcony?

10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Is that the view from the West Balcony?
Not sure, but its pretty close to what it will look like. Plan on taking plenty of pics of different views thursday.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
First 70 or so photos are from the show at MSG last night if anyone's interested.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9968916&type=1
Lmao this explains why there was a large line of young asians wrapped almost entirely around the garden on sunday when trueblue9441 and i drove past it

Old
10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

NYDNRangers profile

NYDNRangers Torts: "We love what we see as far as the transformation…but we need to win. That’s what makes a building good. Winning in it." 7 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Old
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
NYDNRangers profile

NYDNRangers Torts: "We love what we see as far as the transformation…but we need to win. That’s what makes a building good. Winning in it." 7 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Jim Mora rushes through my head. Winning? I just hope we won't continue to look like a team of retired janitors on the home opener.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Just saw the email Scotty Hockey posted on his site. Sounds like getting to your seats if you're in the 300's will be a little more of a hassle this year (Your ticket won't scan if you go in the tower that's on the opposite side of your seats.)

Old
10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Just saw the email Scotty Hockey posted on his site. Sounds like getting to your seats if you're in the 300's will be a little more of a hassle this year (Your ticket won't scan if you go in the tower that's on the opposite side of your seats.)
that's retarded, you have to stay in your section now at the garden??

Old
10-26-2011, 03:10 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

" The (locker room) is more open so everyone can be looking at each other, whereas it was a little more square before. That can help with accountability, too. Now you can really look at a guy when you are talking to him, look him in the eyes and he can hear you. I think it's a big improvement from what we had. Plus it's just great here, everything is state of the art. It really is great. "

— Ryan Callahan

Speaking like a Captain.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:22 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
that's retarded, you have to stay in your section now at the garden??
I believe it's being done so it's easier to access your seats since the 7th floor concourse is split into two sections this year with the endzone concourse shut down.

I can't link it since I'm on my phone but the email is on SNYRangersBlog.com if you wanna check it out.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:29 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Also, this doesn't mean you are kept to the 300's. You could still go down to the 6th floor and whatnot. I just think it's being done to make things easier for people to get to their seats (although I do agree it is dumb). Can't wait to see peoples reactions when they get turned down for going into the wrong gate and they think their tickets are fake

Old
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

nice vid.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Just got a call from MSG telling me which tower my tickets should be scanned at. He didn't say I had to go to that tower but that it would be less of a hassle. At least that's how I understood it.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:53 PM
mucker*

Anybody

know the capacity of MSG now/this season?

Also, MSG was the only ice arena before where the fans did not sit "level".
Anytime you watched on TV, you could never see the first rows of rfans, you just saw the walkway and metal bar:

Compare that to other rinks, like Boston, where the front row of seats is all the way down:

Is the new MSG going to have the first row all the way down or still elevated with the metal bar on the glass?

Old
10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throgsmack View Post
know the capacity of MSG now/this season?

Also, MSG was the only ice arena before where the fans did not sit "level".
Anytime you watched on TV, you could never see the first rows of rfans, you just saw the walkway and metal bar:

Compare that to other rinks, like Boston, where the front row of seats is all the way down:

Is the new MSG going to have the first row all the way down or still elevated with the metal bar on the glass?
The capacity is still the same or about the same.

And no there will be no level seating like that. Still somewhat elevated.

Old
10-26-2011, 04:28 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Just got a call from MSG telling me which tower my tickets should be scanned at. He didn't say I had to go to that tower but that it would be less of a hassle. At least that's how I understood it.
Weird. I guess we'll find out tomorrow then.

Old
10-26-2011, 05:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Welcome back!

Now that the Rangers season is underway and we are close to the home opener at The Garden, we are thrilled to share with you some of the exciting new amenities you will find when you visit this season that are part of the first phase of the Arena's top-to-bottom three year historic Transformation. Before the puck drops on October 27th, I want to make sure that you have all the inside information regarding easy access to your seats and some of the newly transformed parts of the building. We are confident you are going to love what you see!

Throughout the 2011-12 Season you will experience some amazing enhancements to the building including:

*New Lower Bowl seating area with more comfortable seats and great sightlines
*Expanded Madison Concourse (6th floor) with city views
*Enhanced concession stands, more restrooms and additional retail locations (Note: additional features will continue to debut throughout the 2011-12 season)
*New 1879 and Delta Sky360° Club areas offering exclusive dining options and private entry to seat locations
*New food offerings on the 8th and 10th floor concourses (Note: additional features will continue to debut throughout the 2011-12 season)
*New West Balcony seating located above the West End of the Upper Bowl
*Additional details about what’s new and more importantly, how to get to your seats, is listed below. So you have more time to familiarize yourself with the transformed areas of The Garden, doors will open at 5:30pm prior to the home opener on October 27th when your New York Rangers take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. This provides an additional 30 minutes of access to the arena for all of our guests.

What's New?

The Seating Configuration
Even if your seat is located in an area of the building that has not been transformed, it is likely that there is a new way to get there. There will be pockets of the arena that are transformed to the point where on initial glance, you may need assistance or guidance to find your way. Rest assured that there will be plenty of staff on hand to assist you as you explore the new building. Here are some important changes worth noting prior to your arrival:

The Madison Concourse (6th floor) will provide an enhanced experience including city views and new and improved menu offerings but it will also be a space that is quite different as compared to the 6th floor concourse last season.

For this season, the 7th floor will not wrap completely around The Garden meaning that access from the North side of the 7th floor to South side of the 7th floor and vice versa is only available by using the Madison Concourse (6th floor). The 7th floor provides access to 200 Level locations and 300 Level locations that are on the North and South sides of the building.

For this season, the 8th floor will wrap completely around The Garden but will only provide access to the East and West sections of the 300 Level. Access to the 8th floor is available through both Towers A and D.

Listed below is our recommendation on how to access your seats based on your location. In addition to the directions to your seats, we have listed the locations and launch dates for specific food offerings and merchandise locations.

Based on your seats in Section 329, we recommend that you take the following path:

300 Level North and South Seats

All 300 Level seat locations on the North and South ends of the building are accessible from the 7th floor concourse. For this season, the 7th floor will not wrap completely around The Garden meaning that access from the North side of the 7th floor to the South side of the 7th floor (and vice versa) is only available by using the Madison Concourse (6th floor). As a result, for those locations on the North side of the building (Sections 328 - 341), Tower D is the only access point. Should you attempt entry at Tower A, your ticket will not scan and you will be redirected to Tower D. For those locations on the south side of the building (Sections 303 - 316), Tower A is the only access point. Should you attempt entry at Tower D, your ticket will not scan and you will be redirected to Tower A.

Food & Beverage Offerings
In addition to an expanded Madison Concourse, increased restrooms and viewing areas on the 8th and 10th floors, some of the biggest names in New York food will be creating exclusive, world-class culinary options for The World's Most Famous Arena. As part of The MSG Signature Collection, you will see a number of new menu offerings that will become available throughout the season.

In late November, two sensational offerings will be available on the Madison Concourse (6th floor).

*The Sausage Boss, by Chef Andrew Carmellini (available in three locations).
*Daily Burger, by restaurateur Drew Nieporent (available in two locations).
*In mid-December, you will find additional offerings available throughout the arena.
*Simply Chicken, by Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten on the 6th and 8th floors.
*Lobster Shrimp Roll by Aquagrill (chef Jeremy Marshall) on the 6th, 8th and 10th floors.

Other notable offerings that will become available during the early parts of the season are:

*Carnegie Deli
*Hill Country Barbecue
*16 Handles Frozen Yogurt
*Kosher offerings from Carlos & Gabby's
*Additional Garden Markets
*Stand Healthy (allergy free and gluten free offerings)
*Merchandise Locations

In October, you will be able to purchase Rangers gear in the Mall prior to entering the Box Office and in the arena where you will find four locations on the Madison Concourse (6th floor). Additional locations will open throughout the season.
http://scottyhockey.blogspot.com/201...er-letter.html

That was the email.

Old
10-26-2011, 05:14 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Also...

Quote:
Pat Leonard tweets that domestic beer, Bud Light, at MSG is going to be $9.50 for this season.

Imported beer, Heineken, will be $10.
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/1...prices-at-msg/

Old
10-26-2011, 05:17 PM
useref15

All 300 Level seat locations on the North and South ends of the building are accessible from the 7th floor concourse. For this season, the 7th floor will not wrap completely around The Garden meaning that access from the North side of the 7th floor to the South side of the 7th floor (and vice versa) is only available by using the Madison Concourse (6th floor). As a result, for those locations on the North side of the building (Sections 328 - 341), Tower D is the only access point. Should you attempt entry at Tower A, your ticket will not scan and you will be redirected to Tower D. For those locations on the south side of the building (Sections 303 - 316), Tower A is the only access point. Should you attempt entry at Tower D, your ticket will not scan and you will be redirected to Tower A.

Well, theres your answer.

Old
10-26-2011, 05:32 PM
sbjnyc

Hmm. I must have misunderstood the rep then. He just said it would be less of a hassle. But I guess that's true since going to tower A and being told to go to tower D really is more of a hassle than just going to tower D.

Old
10-26-2011, 06:46 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
there 22 oz beers so considering its not THAT bad...

Old
10-26-2011, 06:54 PM
skroob**

Quote:
http://scottyhockey.blogspot.com/201...er-letter.html
Food & Beverage Offerings
In addition to an expanded Madison Concourse, increased restrooms and viewing areas on the 8th and 10th floors, some of the biggest names in New York food will be creating exclusive, world-class culinary options for The World's Most Famous Arena. As part of The MSG Signature Collection, you will see a number of new menu offerings that will become available throughout the season.

Are these "signature" food booths going to be staffed with competent employees, or the usual turtle-paced human garbage that they have always used? I still gon't get why it takes those slobs 30 minutes to serve 6 people chicken fingers.

Old
10-26-2011, 06:56 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
There was ONE place in the whole garden that served better than the swill Bud/Hiniken/Coors crap, and that was the push carts on the one side of the one concourse. Only place you can get decent beer (Brooklyn, Spaten, etc).

If they take that way, they can go pound sand.

Old
10-26-2011, 08:03 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
There was ONE place in the whole garden that served better than the swill Bud/Hiniken/Coors crap, and that was the push carts on the one side of the one concourse. Only place you can get decent beer (Brooklyn, Spaten, etc).

If they take that way, they can go pound sand.
they were actually on both sides of the 7th floor concourse parallel to the benches.. who knows if it will be that way come tomorrow night..

hopefully more of the good stuff is at the regular concession stands now

Old
10-26-2011, 08:11 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
$4 for a 32 oz in roses pizza in Penn.......

Old
10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Jim Mora rushes through my head. Winning? I just hope we won't continue to look like a team of retired janitors on the home opener.
Winning?!?! They'll be lucky if they can skate!

Closed Thread