HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rene Bourque

Old
10-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Mellifleur

vCash: 500
Rene Bourque

So a day or two ago I was checking out the trade rumors board and saw that Darren Dreger suggested that Rene Bourque could be had. I am not sure about the exact details but I think the gist of it was that Bourque had been inquired about and Feaster said something to the tune of Bourque is not unavailable.

So assuming that this is true, do we show any interest ? I know he is a left winger, a position we have good depth at, and if anything we should be pursuing a top 6 center. But Bourque brings size and goal scoring to the table. We would need to shed salary, as he is signed at 3.3 mill/yr until 2016 I think. To be honest I don't know how Bourque plays the game, but I thought I read somewhere he plays with an edge, which would be welcome in our top 6. Skill with an edge is always a good thing to have.

The obvious candidate to move in terms of salary would be Boyes, but I don't think we could do an even swap, it doesn't make sense for Calgary. So it's a package deal. What would you package for Bourque or Bourque + stuff if you do this deal at all ? Can we then move Bourque or another LW to RW ?

This is mostly an inquiry out of curiousity and not really any sort of panic reaction to the Sabres last 2 losses to Tampa. IMO it's too early in the season to panic about the team, but if Bourque is available and he fills a need for a gritty top 6 goal scorer with size which we are looking for then I think it's fair to inquire...

Bourque has a limited NTC, but I am sure that won't be an issue as we managed to snag Regehr from the Flames.

Added: Link to the Dreger report. Evidently Bourque is consider a physical forward...

Last edited by Mellifleur: 10-26-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Mellifleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Beerz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOni View Post
So a day or two ago I was checking out the trade rumors board and saw that Darren Dreger suggested that Rene Bourque could be had. I am not sure about the exact details but I think the gist of it was that Bourque had been inquired about and Feaster said something to the tune of Bourque is not unavailable.

So assuming that this is true, do we show any interest ? I know he is a left winger, a position we have good depth at, and if anything we should be pursuing a top 6 center. But Bourque brings size and goal scoring to the table. We would need to shed salary, as he is signed at 3.3 mill/yr until 2016 I think. To be honest I don't know how Bourque plays the game, but I thought I read somewhere he plays with an edge, which would be welcome in our top 6. Skill with an edge is always a good thing to have.

The obvious candidate to move in terms of salary would be Boyes, but I don't think we could do an even swap, it doesn't make sense for Calgary. So it's a package deal. What would you package for Bourque or Bourque + stuff if you do this deal at all ? Can we then move Bourque or another LW to RW ?

This is mostly an inquiry out of curiousity and not really any sort of panic reaction to the Sabres last 2 losses to Tampa. IMO it's too early in the season to panic about the team, but if Bourque is available and he fills a need for a gritty top 6 goal scorer with size which we are looking for then I think it's fair to inquire...

Bourque has a limited NTC, but I am sure that won't be an issue as we managed to snag Regehr from the Flames.

One thing we have going for us...is... Calgary wants to shed salary .... Boyes is on an expiring contract so that wouldn't hinder us... So he'd be moved for the salary...tho Im sure we'd have to add in order to obtain him....depending on how much interest there is for him... shouldn't be too much more.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote