HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines and Pairings

Old
10-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Wolski sucks....time to give up on this guy.
After he's played 39 games (less than half a season) as a Ranger?

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:04 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Jeez, I just puked in my mouth.

Those lines are atrocious.

I don't see how keeping Stepan on the left wing when he's not on the top line helps him. Prust also lacks the offensive skill to play on the top line.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
OverTheCap

Wolski wasn't horrible last night, but, damn, he is just so weak along the boards. I think the first line needs someone to muck it up along the boards and Wolski isn't that guy.

I am not convinced that Stepan is the answer there, either. We are probably going to see a revolving door of players on the 1st line LW because it wasn't adequately addressed in the offseason.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Just a gut feeling but with the way our offense performed so far I could see Stepan moving back to center 4th line with Wolski and MZA and Boyle line becoming our 4th line again.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Wolski sucks....time to give up on this guy.
He has as many goals as Dubinsky, Stepan and Anisimov with 5 less GP. Maybe we should give up on them too?

I thought the WW/Duby/Cally line was looking good when Torts made it. Doubt it lasts more than 2 games though.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 05:17 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Dubinsky-Callahan
Boyle-Anisimov-Prust
Rupp-Newbury-Fedotenko

4 capable, competent lines.

10-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Dubinsky-Callahan
Boyle-Anisimov-Prust
Rupp-Newbury-Fedotenko

Out of all the crappy line combo's posted on this forum this is one I really like. If line 1 or 3 looks bad in a game you can flop Boyle and Stepan without messing with every line on the roster.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Ke11y96

I still believe this team should find a way to package Wolski and any other fill-ins to complete a deal for anyone of these left wing options. Whiteney, Ruutu, which are free agents at the years end, or a personal favorite when he's placed on the wing is Vermette. I know he's kinda struggled in Columbus but he was brought in to be a first line center which he isn't even close. However this kid has hands and speed which putting that on the wing with Richie and Gaborik I think is ideal!

Vermette - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Fedotenko
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

I'm not necessarily ranking these in terms of ice time but Dubi's cycle and Artie work better and Cally seems to play a better game when its based on speed and he'll have a great companion in that game with Hagelin. Plus Feds and Artie have good chemistry!

Hopefully Staal is back in the fold here in a couple weeks but they've covered enough stop gap defensemen so make due with what ya have for the time being but when healthy...

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer
Del Zotto - Erixon

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
I still believe this team should find a way to package Wolski and any other fill-ins to complete a deal for anyone of these left wing options. Whiteney, Ruutu, which are free agents at the years end, or a personal favorite when he's placed on the wing is Vermette. I know he's kinda struggled in Columbus but he was brought in to be a first line center which he isn't even close. However this kid has hands and speed which putting that on the wing with Richie and Gaborik I think is ideal!

Vermette - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Fedotenko
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

I'm not necessarily ranking these in terms of ice time but Dubi's cycle and Artie work better and Cally seems to play a better game when its based on speed and he'll have a great companion in that game with Hagelin. Plus Feds and Artie have good chemistry!

Hopefully Staal is back in the fold here in a couple weeks but they've covered enough stop gap defensemen so make due with what ya have for the time being but when healthy...

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer
Del Zotto - Erixon
We gonna give Vermette 39 games to show what he can do to before looking to dump him? Give Wolski a friggin chance!

If we are going the trade route we better target someone good. Offer up Duby + and lets make a real change, these dump marginal winger and pick up marginal winger deals aren't getting it done.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:06 AM
ilovemarkmessier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
We gonna give Vermette 39 games to show what he can do to before looking to dump him? Give Wolski a friggin chance!

If we are going the trade route we better target someone good. Offer up Duby + and lets make a real change, these dump marginal winger and pick up marginal winger deals aren't getting it done.

Omg forget about WW already he will never work out on this team neither will MZA. We need a left wing solution from outside the organization one that will fit into Torts stupid system. Dump in some more boys. Its putting me to sleep

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:23 AM
LannyMcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Dubinsky-Callahan
Boyle-Anisimov-Prust
Rupp-Newbury-Fedotenko

I was thinking almost exactly that yesterday, but keeping Feds on the third line and AA on the fourth. Not a statement about where AA belongs, but a good set of lines.

LannyMcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

AND THE LINE SHIFTING BEGINS!!!

Steve Zipay tweets from practice... "Early lines at MSG: Feds-Richards-Gaborik; Stepan-Dubi-Cally; Wolski-Boyle-Prust. Rupp not out there"

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:35 AM
ilovemarkmessier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Why would they not at at least try to put a guy with Wolski's potential on a line with Richards and Gaborik? And I don't think Stepan has played well, I think he has been average so far. He has 1 assist in 7 games.

Wow! Cause stats tell the whole story. YOu actually watch the games? Stephan gives that line someone who can hit dig pucks outta corners and move the puck up the ice. These are the kinda fans that dont get it.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:38 AM
OverTheCap

I had a feeling we would see Feds-Richards-Gabby at some point, and Feds definitely deserves to play on the top line after his strong performance on Monday night.

Feds and Richards have had some good chemistry in the past, so hopefully they can re-capture the magic.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

torts strategy to build chemistry.

who ever has a goal in previous game plays with gaby and br19 the following game for exactly 2 shifts or maybe a whole period until they are sent packing to another line.

who ever has a bad turnover or giveway or takes a bad penalty is in the dog house or the chateau wolski as it will now be referred to- unless you are the player showing the most "jam" that night then it doesnt matter what you do.

who ever doesnt score in period 1 or 2 while playing on line 1 is sent to 4th line or benched for period 3

if you are russian or european and you dont score then you must be the scapegoat for that game.

the pp unit shall consist of gaby and br19 and whomever is hustling the most that night or showing the most "jam".

i have no doubt the majority of this team cannot stand his micro managing.

must be difficult to play for this clown.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Dubinsky is staying at center eh?

Interesting.

I would normally be peeved about Anisimov on the 4th line, but he is a player that I feel can play effectively just about anywhere.

10-26-2011, 10:58 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I really can't stand this crap anymore. Stop sending mixed signals to half the players on your team, Johnny Cakes. Maybe if you could decide what you want a guy like Dubinsky to be, he would finally be able to decide, too.

Dubinsky belongs on the LW. Stepan belongs at C. Stop toying with this crap every 5 minutes. This brilliant strategy hasn't worked yet this season. It didn't work last season. It didn't work the year before. I always thought that if you keep doing something that isn't working, you should probably stop and try something else. How about you try not changing the lines for 5-7 games?

I'd go with the following right now.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Boyle-Stepan-Callahan
Wolski-Anisimov-Fedotenko
Rupp-Newbuy-Prust

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:42 AM
ilovemarkmessier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I really can't stand this crap anymore. Stop sending mixed signals to half the players on your team, Johnny Cakes. Maybe if you could decide what you want a guy like Dubinsky to be, he would finally be able to decide, too.

Dubinsky belongs on the LW. Stepan belongs at C. Stop toying with this crap every 5 minutes. This brilliant strategy hasn't worked yet this season. It didn't work last season. It didn't work the year before. I always thought that if you keep doing something that isn't working, you should probably stop and try something else. How about you try not changing the lines for 5-7 games?

Boyle-Stepan-Callahan
Rupp-Newbuy-Prust

Not changing lines for a week would be amazing and enjoyable to watch.

Old
10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
He's destined to play either in the khl(where all soft lazy floaters go to die) or in a beer league in Europe. "Stay thirsty my friend." One other thing, take the hobbit with you.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:21 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
torts strategy to build chemistry.

who ever has a goal in previous game plays with gaby and br19 the following game for exactly 2 shifts or maybe a whole period until they are sent packing to another line.

who ever has a bad turnover or giveway or takes a bad penalty is in the dog house or the chateau wolski as it will now be referred to- unless you are the player showing the most "jam" that night then it doesnt matter what you do.

who ever doesnt score in period 1 or 2 while playing on line 1 is sent to 4th line or benched for period 3

if you are russian or european and you dont score then you must be the scapegoat for that game.

the pp unit shall consist of gaby and br19 and whomever is hustling the most that night or showing the most "jam".

i have no doubt the majority of this team cannot stand his micro managing.

must be difficult to play for this clown.
funny cause this is actually true =/

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:17 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post

Boyle-Stepan-Callahan
Rupp-Newbuy-Prust
You got what you asked for. Stepan back at C, and Duby as LW. What have Arty done wrong? Fourt line?
"Meanwhile, on offense, head coach John Tortorella will be rolling with a new set of forward lines tomorrow against Toronto. They are as follows:

Fedotenko - Richards - Gaborik

Dubinsky - Stepan - Callahan

Wolski - Boyle - Prust

Newbury - Anisimov - Rupp/Christensen"
http://www.rangerstribune.com/

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:41 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
You got what you asked for. Stepan back at C, and Duby as LW. What have Arty done wrong? Fourt line?
"Meanwhile, on offense, head coach John Tortorella will be rolling with a new set of forward lines tomorrow against Toronto. They are as follows:

Fedotenko - Richards - Gaborik

Dubinsky - Stepan - Callahan

Wolski - Boyle - Prust

Newbury - Anisimov - Rupp/Christensen"
http://www.rangerstribune.com/
Swap Wolski with Fedotenko and you have balanced lines that make sense that of course being Rupp in the lineup instead of Christenson. But why would Tortorella do anything that makes sense? Wolski will not succeed with Boyle and Prust. He at least has a chance to succeed with Richards and Gaborik. It's like the guy wants Wolski to fail.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
absolutely not. the only scenario that they should even think about putting wolski with richards and gaborik is if stepan gets hurt. stepan has played well there, is better and is part of the future. wolski is not
of course Wolski will stink if he's not in a top 6 role

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:08 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Don't forget about his time in Colorado and Phoenix.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:10 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
He has as many goals as Dubinsky, Stepan and Anisimov with 5 less GP. Maybe we should give up on them too?
If you wanna not watch the games and check stat lines that's OK too.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote