HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

10/27 Kings @ Dallas - Doughty "Back in Black"

Old
10-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
10/27 Kings @ Dallas - Doughty "Back in Black"

Time to move on from yesterday's loss. Let's look ahead to the Pacific division matchup tomorrow.

From Hammond:

Quote:
Drew Doughty is practicing in a customary black uniform, meaning he has likely been cleared. There will be an update on that post-practice. Slava Voynov is still with the team. Otherwise, there are no changes to the lines or pairs this morning.
Can't wait for this game, my first chance to see Richards live. Still hope to see Voynov play instead of Doughty tomorrow.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:21 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Time to move on from yesterday's loss. Let's look ahead to the Pacific division matchup tomorrow.

From Hammond:

Can't wait for this game, my first chance to see Richards live. Still hope to see Voynov instead of Doughty tomorrow.
maybe you see both.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
maybe you see both.
Yeah maybe Pylon #2 is in the press box.

One can dream, right?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Shellz

Hopefully Doughty can get his offensive game going reaaal soon.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Your a genius for starting this thread. Get yesterday outta my head ffs.

I just wanna see a few goals...by the Kings...

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

going to win all the games!!!

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Why doesn't "Murray [hold] a lengthy post-practice meeting in his office with Dustin [Brown] to discuss his recent play?" The hypocrisy associated with Murray's accountability system is a ****ing joke.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Why doesn't "Murray [hold] a lengthy post-practice meeting in his office with Dustin [Brown] to discuss his recent play?" The hypocrisy associated with Murray's accountability system is a ****ing joke.
If your names are Parse, Loktionov, Penner and Hunter you have a vastly different set of rules than guys named Brown, Stoll, Greene and Clifford.

It's been that way since TM got here, it will never change. Look no further than how long he kept that Smyth- Stoll- Brown line together last year. Despite them being statistically the worst line in the NHL while together he never broke them up, because those were three of his favorites. Meanwhile Parse has a bad game and is scratched, Penner has a bad game and is moved to 4th line, Loktionov has a bad game and is demoted to the AHL.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

More from Doughty:

Quote:
Question: Is playing tomorrow a possibility?

DOUGHTY: “I hope so. I really want to play tomorrow, really badly. It sucks being out, obviously, but like I said I’m ready to play but at the same time, it’s really just in the training staff’s hands.’’

Question: A couple days ago, you mentioned the possibility of needing a couple full-contact practices before you felt comfortable. Are you OK with that now?

DOUGHTY: “I think it was important to get some contact in today. We had some 3-on-2 drills down low, where I could throw some cross-checks and use my body a little bit. Definitely a couple more practices would be helpful, but at the same time I feel ready to go and want to get in there and quick as I can.’’

Old
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
If your names are Parse, Loktionov, Penner and Hunter you have a vastly different set of rules than guys named Brown, Stoll, Greene and Clifford.

It's been that way since TM got here, it will never change. Look no further than how long he kept that Smyth- Stoll- Brown line together last year. Despite them being statistically the worst line in the NHL while together he never broke them up, because those were three of his favorites. Meanwhile Parse has a bad game and is scratched, Penner has a bad game and is moved to 4th line, Loktionov has a bad game and is demoted to the AHL.
Oh I know. Another example is Martinez this year. Unless you're one of his boyz, Murray will find something vague and abstract wrong with your game and punish you for it.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Quattro

Quote:

really?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:47 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Oh I know. Another example is Martinez this year. Unless you're one of his boyz, Murray will find something vague and abstract wrong with your game and punish you for it.
Wait, what? I thought Martinez got benched for something solid and concrete - like poor play away from the puck and indecisiveness with the puck.

Don't get me wrong-- I like Amart (and VV), but like most young d-men, their game is very inconsistent. Its not a bad thing to make them sit if they come back stronger.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
really?
Yup. Check the game logs if you don't believe it.

The three of them were something like a combined -30 in the games they played together. They weren't scoring and were a disaster defensively.

Stoll and Mr. October had a fast start playing with Williams, once he was moved up to Kopitar's line their level of play took a nosedive.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Wait, what? I thought Martinez got benched for something solid and concrete - like poor play away from the puck and indecisiveness with the puck.

Don't get me wrong-- I like Amart (and VV), but like most young d-men, their game is very inconsistent. Its not a bad thing to make them sit if they come back stronger.
Why isn't Greene ever sat when he makes the same mistakes?

Greene was a disaster in the playoffs and Murray just trots him back out there.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post

That is incredibly vague and abstract considering Martinez was not having any more issues with his purported play away from the puck and indecisiveness than anyone else. Murray picks and chooses who he makes examples of. If you don't see that than I don't know what to tell you.

Old
10-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Ollie Weeks

If that meeting with Penner was anything but positive reinforcement, I'll be legitimately pissed. It is downright unfair to single him out after last night's game.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:50 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Still hope to see Voynov play instead of Doughty tomorrow.
Hey, remember last month when other team's fans were floored by Kings fans' belief that Kopitar was the best player on the team and that LA could still compete with an injured Doughty but not with their top player out?

I'd bet "Still hope to see Loktionov play instead of Kopitar tomorrow" is not something anyone would ever post around here.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I'd bet "Still hope to see Loktionov play instead of Kopitar tomorrow" is not something anyone would ever post around here.
Nah, I'm selfish, I'd rather see Loktionov in one game instead of Kopitar.

I only get 3 games per season to see the Kings live. It's easier to key on the new/rookie players live than on TV.

That being said, I would take Voynov over Martinez and Loktionov over Lewis.

Old
10-26-2011, 05:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Anyone wondering if Clifford needs to go down to the AHL for a bit to sort things out with his game?

I wonder if a slightly slower pace for a week or two might help him slow the game down in his head and react better to things at NHL-speed. He isn't playing with the same confidence that he was at the end of last season and in the playoffs.

It would help if Richardson and Lewis started getting back to being what we saw in the playoffs last season as well.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Anyone wondering if Clifford needs to go down to the AHL for a bit to sort things out with his game?

I wonder if a slightly slower pace for a week or two might help him slow the game down in his head and react better to things at NHL-speed. He isn't playing with the same confidence that he was at the end of last season and in the playoffs.

It would help if Richardson and Lewis started getting back to being what we saw in the playoffs last season as well.
Clifford has been invisible all year, I think a couple of weekends riding the bus may do him well.

Old
10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Shellz

No no no. Clifford will be fine.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:41 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

I said this in last nights PGT

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
If that meeting with Penner was anything but positive reinforcement, I'll be legitimately pissed. It is downright unfair to single him out after last night's game.
I don't even know what he did that was so bad. In the third period he was one of very few players that seemed like they were trying to make something happen. A lot of it was forechecking that turned to nothing, but that makeshift line with Richardson and him on it was better than anything else that period.

The simple fact of the matter is, when you have to funnel back shots to guys like Greene who shoot the puck ten feet or more high and wide of the net, you're in trouble, and sadly Greene and Penner are out there at the same time quite a bit so bad **** does happen.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:

That's a pretty bold statement. Where can I find the stats on this?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
That's a pretty bold statement. Where can I find the stats on this?
You will have to go back and check the game logs.

Or you can search for my post when it was made. I remember thinking I had never seen a line give up so many goals. So I looked up there +/- and it was something like a -30 between the 3 of them, over 10 games.

I compared other players from bad teams and there wasn't anyone with a worse +/- over that time.