HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Where is the life?

Old
10-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Islanderfan17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
I don't mean this with ANY disrespect but why did you buy seasons this year? Were you expecting a better product and better results when you looked at the lineup in September?
To be honest, yes. Like many of us, I bought into the fact that the team was on the rise the second half of last season. I thought that would carry over into this season, especially with a considerably healthier team than we had going into last season. I was very optimistic going into this season, but there play as of late has been extremely discouraging as a fan and if it remains this way throughout the majority of the season then there is no point in spending money on a bad product.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
To be honest, yes. Like many of us, I bought into the fact that the team was on the rise the second half of last season. I thought that would carry over into this season, especially with a considerably healthier team than we had going into last season. I was very optimistic going into this season, but there play as of late has been extremely discouraging as a fan and if it remains this way throughout the majority of the season then there is no point in spending money on a bad product.
If you truly feel that this is a playoff caliber team (and they very well may be, though I don't share that belief) then 6 games into the season should not be enough to sway you. Even in the absolute best case scenario, the Isles will still go through peaks and valleys. And all teams experiencing valleys look like a "bad product"

Keep your optimism.

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
Did you miss this part? "What they are doing is not working, yet they continue with the same failed game plan."

I also did not say they are happy about it. I said they do not just do not care. So please stick to what I said. FACT is that Wang and Snow NEVER get outraged over losing. They NEVER demand better. There is a a laid back, nothing matters attitude on the Island. Even from many of the fans.
You know this for a fact? Are you in the office with Wang and Garth after a loss?