HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

roszival vs tyutin

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
heywood*

vCash: 500
roszival vs tyutin

it must be just me, since tyutin gets all of the props, but i like the way roszival plays more than tyutin. roszival seems to be more aggressive. correct me, assuming i am wrong, please.

Old
11-02-2005, 03:00 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Rosz isnt as...I guess the word i'm looking for is calm? as Tyutin. Tyutin also plays positionally better which is the reason why he only has 18 PIM compared to Rosz 18. Rosz doesn't' exactly hit much so I dont see him playing much more aggressive then Toots. Im not overly impressed like ive stated in previous threads of Rosz being the PP quarterback, Tyutins shot is much more accurate and he uses the quick low wrist shot from the point a lot which most defensivmen don't use.

Old
11-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Roszival is a what you see is what you get player. He puts in a nice effort, but if you tried to get him to deviate from his usual play he'd be lost. Players like Tyutin have more depth. As he goes along he'll develop, learn to utilize what he has - the when and where is key. Thats why some skill guys just dont cut it. Nice tools, but a ten cent brain gets you an AHL contract.

Old
11-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Nemchinov13

What I like about Tyutin is that he rarely makes mistakes, whether in offensive zone or defensive. His positioning is sound, he makes the right decisions with or without the puck, he knows when to use a slap shot or a wrist shot, and his shots are almost always on net. When he goes into the corner, he normally comes away with the puck or at least does not let the opposing player to get the puck. I've already compared Tyutin with Komisarek on Montreal's board and a lot of Habs' fans feel that Tyutin is the better player at this point (link:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=186429)

Old
11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
eco's bones

Neither one of them really has a mean streak. Their styles are similar in some ways but there's no doubt in my mind that Tyutin is the better player and is the one with the real future here. He plays the man on one on ones--is good positionally (most of the time)--does not have too many off nights--and takes the body when it's appropriate. He doesn't go out of his way looking for hits--that's true. And he is calm with the puck and in most defensive situations.

Old
11-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Fletch

Rozie?

I liked Rozie with PITT. I think he's been struggling with the Rangers. He turns the puck over too often, and chokes under pressure. As for aggressiveness...I saw it a lot more in PITT than here. It can changed, but I can't predict that.

Old
11-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
There is one reason why Roszival gets PP QB time and Tyutin does not.

He's right handed.

As trivial as it may seem, the Rangers power play relies heavily on Jaromir Jagr's shot and playmaking skills, both of which are better suited for the right wing half board area. From there, Jagr can pass down low to Straka/Nylander, back to the point to Roszival, or take a shot himself. Tyutin wouldn't be able to one-time that same pass.

Ahh, do I miss Sergei Zubov...

Old
11-02-2005, 05:32 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I liked Rozie with PITT. I think he's been struggling with the Rangers. He turns the puck over too often, and chokes under pressure. As for aggressiveness...I saw it a lot more in PITT than here. It can change, but I can't predict that.
Agreed. I remain opposed to Roszival being here. Then again I could say that about most of our defensemen.

Old
11-02-2005, 05:33 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
Ahh, do I miss Sergei Zubov...
And Leetch.. Man did they have some awesome chemistry together on the PP being qbs.

Old
11-02-2005, 05:41 PM
ftyutin51

Just think of Roszival and Tyutin this way..

Which one of the two players do YOU think is going to actually have a longer future playing for the NYR, playing in MSG, being part of the rebuild? Which player do YOU think will be recognized as the NYR's #1 defensmen as the games past? Which player with their name on the back do YOU think will sell more as the games past? And I'll just leave that for you guys to figure it out.

Old
11-02-2005, 11:59 PM
SML

Say all you want, but there's a reason why our D on the PP is Roszival and Malik. It's because they know their role and that is to get the puck to Jagr, and if you can't do that, get it to someone who can. Neither of these guys is an ambitious rookie looking to show what they can do, they are both content to ride their meal ticket and run all the way to the bank with it. Without a doubt Tyutin is more in the long term plans, but he could learn alot from either one of these guys about keeping in your superstar's good graces...

Old
11-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Rozsival is talented, but his inability to stay healthy/play through pain has been an issue. He can be great for stretches, then make a play that makes you wish you never heard of him. Tyutin is the better player, but Rozsival could surprise some people if he can manage to actually play an entire season.

Old
11-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Rosz isnt as...I guess the word i'm looking for is calm?
poised?

Old
11-04-2005, 03:57 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
poised?
I think the word he's looking for is "good".

Closed Thread