HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/27 Kings @ Dallas - Doughty "Back in Black"

Old
10-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Kingurentai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
he was one of very few players that seemed like they were trying to make something happen. A lot of it was forechecking that turned to nothing, but that makeshift line with Richardson and him on it was better than anything else that period.

I'm glad other people noticed this. Some people just can't be objective, esp. when it comes to Penner (also Bernier and others).

Also to keep it Doughty related. I'm actually sort of curious to see a DD/VV pairing. I know they aren't a conventional fit, but would be interesting.

Last edited by Kingurentai: 10-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:27 PM
bobafettish*

DD please bring the offense back with you.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
MURRAY: “Absolutely. That’s an area of concern when you look at the last three years. Our offensive game is not as good as what we need it to be. It’s been one of the lower stats that we look at, in 5-on-5 play over the years. I think everybody is aware of it. We’ve got to get more of a shot mentality. That is, no question, an area of concern. We look at the average shots on goal, as compared to the rest of the league, and we’re down to 27th, 28th in the league. So that has to improve in order to score. At the same time though, in saying that, I think we’ve had some really good looks. Last night, we had some opportunities, and we’re not finding the back of the net right now. We’ve just got to reinforce it, the good things that are happening, and build on it and I think it will start to turn around.’’

It's been three plus years with the same message from the coach. When does the coach change his message? When does he move the players from the boards? How do you have a shot mentality if the players play on the perimeter?

Increasing the shots doesnt mean much when they are low percentage chances.

Murray wants dump ins, recoveries, heavy board play, traffic in front and lots of shots. How can you do all of that? Oh yeah, he wants a checking mentality too.

How do you recover the dump in, keep the F3 high and get traffic in front in time for the point shot? The system is setup for blocked shots or shots wide. Not exactly a good way to increase shots on net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
DD please bring the offense back with you.
The offense wasn't around with him to begin with.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
If that meeting with Penner was anything but positive reinforcement, I'll be legitimately pissed. It is downright unfair to single him out after last night's game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I don't even know what he did that was so bad. In the third period he was one of very few players that seemed like they were trying to make something happen. A lot of it was forechecking that turned to nothing, but that makeshift line with Richardson and him on it was better than anything else that period.

The simple fact of the matter is, when you have to funnel back shots to guys like Greene who shoot the puck ten feet or more high and wide of the net, you're in trouble, and sadly Greene and Penner are out there at the same time quite a bit so bad **** does happen.
Yeah, I agree here. Penner may not be hitting the net right now but he is playing motivated and playing hard, which is all I would ask for right now. His goals will come, it is unfair to single him out right now.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:44 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You will have to go back and check the game logs.

Or you can search for my post when it was made. I remember thinking I had never seen a line give up so many goals. So I looked up there +/- and it was something like a -30 between the 3 of them, over 10 games.

I compared other players from bad teams and there wasn't anyone with a worse +/- over that time.
I'll check that out, thanks. Did this happen during any of those long losing streaks when we were giving up tons of goals?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Yeah, I agree here. Penner may not be hitting the net right now but he is playing motivated and playing hard, which is all I would ask for right now. His goals will come, it is unfair to single him out right now.
Penner has been getting to the front of the net with more regularity lately, and that's a good sign.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Shellz

I dont think Murray was being negative about it. Just reminding him to push himself. The Kings need more of him though.Obviously

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I dont think Murray was being negative about it. Just reminding him to push himself. The Kings need more of him though.Obviously
You want him to gain more weight?

Looks like I will have lots of new players to watch tomorrow. Gagne, Penner, Richards and Voynov.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
You want him to gain more weight?

Looks like I will have lots of new players to watch tomorrow. Gagne, Penner, Richards and Voynov.
So many players not enough eyes.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:16 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Why doesn't "Murray [hold] a lengthy post-practice meeting in his office with Dustin [Brown] to discuss his recent play?" The hypocrisy associated with Murray's accountability system is a ****ing joke.
I agree. Im not trying to blast murray or DB with this, but Dustin needs to step it up. He hasnt been very good this season. And I dont care if he is the captain, murray still needs to do something to get a fire going under DB's butt

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:27 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Leave Cliffy alone. He's been nearly invisible for most of the season, but he's picked it up in the past few games. He's just going through a mini sophemore slump. He'll get through it.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 03:03 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Still hope to see Voynov play instead of Doughty tomorrow.
Jim Fox just posted on Facebook that DD will NOT be in the lineup tonight #WishGranted

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Butch 19
King me

Back in Black?

Yeah - I wish the Kings still wore black on the road!

and the

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

delete

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote