HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Emelin as a forward ?

Old
10-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
They shouldn't screw a rookie around like that. Let him develop as a defenseman, he'll be a good one
Yup, that one hour practise as a forward has ruined Emelin...his career is now done...put a fork in him...

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 400
he could be a good powerforward lol

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I remember we once have 4 defensemen on the ice at the same time. I think it was in the Carbo era, and there was a picture of the 4 of them chasing a player on on a breakaway haha. Does anyone remember that? One of the D was probably Streit, who was the other one at forward?
I think we played Brisebois as a forward too

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:24 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
It is hilarious how people continued to ignore the obvious even after Palushaj was called up. They needed a warm body for practice and he wasn't there yet. With only 11 healthy forwards and 7 D, the obvious thing was to put one of the defensemen on the wing for practice. FOR PRACTICE. But no, let's take it as a sign that Martin is an idiot, then spend 4 pages going on and on about it, all the while ignoring the few intelligent people here that tried to tell everyone it was only FOR PRACTICE. Sheesh.
Then why not use Weber at forward in PRACTICE and let Emelin continue to get more comfortable on defense where we need a more physical presence.

And I don't think anyone is calling Martin an idiot simply because he used Emelin at forward. It is that along with all the other decisions he is making that leaves us wondering.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:07 PM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Then why not use Weber at forward in PRACTICE and let Emelin continue to get more comfortable on defense where we need a more physical presence.

And I don't think anyone is calling Martin an idiot simply because he used Emelin at forward. It is that along with all the other decisions he is making that leaves us wondering.
Because Emelin isn't playing tonight. Weber is playing tonight on Defense, so he should rightfully PRACTICE on defense.
Emelin is not playing tonight so they used him in place of the yet to be called up Palushaj.
It's pretty simple.

capnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnk View Post
Because Emelin isn't playing tonight. Weber is playing tonight on Defense, so he should rightfully PRACTICE on defense.
Emelin is not playing tonight so they used him in place of the yet to be called up Palushaj.
It's pretty simple.
OMG, someone who used rational thinking and logic, wow I'm impressed. Please !!!!! post more often sir you seem to be able to use your head unlike many people here.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnk View Post
It's pretty simple.
Only if you think Emelin shouldn't be playing. I think he should.

Hopefully I am proven wrong and the Habs win tonight and the next two as well

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
OMG, someone who used rational thinking and logic, wow I'm impressed. Please !!!!! post more often sir you seem to be able to use your head unlike many people here.
LOL Its not the reasoning anybody misunderstood... It's the rough treatment of Emelin, who at best is a Sensitive situation (in the sense that he can go back to Russia). He also provides a unique skill for us, and it is important for the club to have Emelin match those skills on the NHL ice.

He may not be playing tonight... What's that the 3rd time benched this year? Furthermore, he cant speak English (which is probably the biggest drawback), and he's being told to play out of position, that I dont believe he's ever played on a professional level.

Aside from PK Subban, he's our only other naturally physical d-man. We're telling him to do everything BUT play his game...

And while the philosophy can be GTFO, I dont think it's wise to throw away a decent talent that we spent years waiting for. I can understand the benching to a degree (espescially if it ends when Markov returns, which could make some sense)... However I am NOT understanding him essentially being an outsider to his team, less than 10 games in to his NA debut.

Now I ask... What's the logic of even signing the guy, if he wasnt going to get given his chance? I mean, why even bother? Now, in the swing of things, this isn't a final nail in Emelin's coffin (espescially, as I would expect that the season is underway, I would expect we have the entire 82 game schedule to get it underwraps). However I do believe that within that 82 game schedule, We should get this guy going on the Defence. He has not been treated very admirably to date, Personally I just dont want any screw ups. I dont want to be looking back next offseason, with a departing/departed Emelin, and have questions on the issue as to how we handles that situation.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:21 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
I think we played Brisebois as a forward too
During that awful western road trip in early 2009, which I think was the worst hockey we have ever played (including now), we used Gorges as a forward.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
LOL Its not the reasoning anybody misunderstood... It's the rough treatment of Emelin, who at best is a Sensitive situation (in the sense that he can go back to Russia). He also provides a unique skill for us, and it is important for the club to have Emelin match those skills on the NHL ice.

He may not be playing tonight... What's that the 3rd time benched this year? Furthermore, he cant speak English (which is probably the biggest drawback), and he's being told to play out of position, that I dont believe he's ever played on a professional level.

Aside from PK Subban, he's our only other naturally physical d-man. We're telling him to do everything BUT play his game...

And while the philosophy can be GTFO, I dont think it's wise to throw away a decent talent that we spent years waiting for. I can understand the benching to a degree (espescially if it ends when Markov returns, which could make some sense)... However I am NOT understanding him essentially being an outsider to his team, less than 10 games in to his NA debut.

Now I ask... What's the logic of even signing the guy, if he wasnt going to get given his chance? I mean, why even bother? Now, in the swing of things, this isn't a final nail in Emelin's coffin (espescially, as I would expect that the season is underway, I would expect we have the entire 82 game schedule to get it underwraps). However I do believe that within that 82 game schedule, We should get this guy going on the Defence. He has not been treated very admirably to date, Personally I just dont want any screw ups. I dont want to be looking back next offseason, with a departing/departed Emelin, and have questions on the issue as to how we handles that situation.
I have no problem with their handling of Emelin...Diaz and Weber are playing well lately and we desperately need a win or two, plus Emelin has a bigger adjustment with the language...as long as he isn't sitting for 5 games in a row.

He has made nice progress from what I have seen in his first exhibition game, much more assertive with the puck and without it.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Bieber fever

I feel bad for Emelin.....he was as good as Diaz imo and miles ahead of that big pylon hall Gill. Unfortunately gill will not be sited.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
I feel bad for Emelin.....he was as good as Diaz imo and miles ahead of that big pylon hall Gill. Unfortunately gill will not be sited.
While Gill hasn't been great, with 3 guys that are practically rookies in the current top-7 they can't afford what it'll do to the penalty kill to bench Gill. They just got out of the nightmare of having to use Weber or Diaz as a regular penalty killer.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:07 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

The Habs chased Emelin for years and with good reason, he's gritty and he's a KHL All-Star. We got him here, now JM is scratching him and playing him at forward in practices... Makes no sense. If this were a one-time thing I'd be like 'meh' but looking at the JM's recent treatment of other young players I fear JM's blind bias toward vets will hurt us once again. Why not sit Gill tonight, it's a back-to-back situation and Gill looked tired already in the first game. Plus likely to get physical. Give this kid a chance to play for crying out loud, he's our future not Gill.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote