HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#9|Oct 26, 2011|Flyers at Canadiens|7:30 p.m. ET

Old
10-26-2011, 11:47 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Schenn is awful. Looking more and more like an career AHLer every game. Seriously he's supposed to be an offensive playmaker and the only good thing he's done so far is throw a couple of hits. He can't win in the faceoff circle anymore, and half the time he looks like he can barely skate. I was more impressed with Shelley tonight. At least he forechecked.
He won 4 out of 7 tonight and is at 50% overall so far. Still only taken 32 though, so it's quite clearly too small a sample size to make any claims whatsoever. The rest of your post.... meh, I won't bother.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:50 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I seriously feel like destroying something...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:51 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
A rookie that didn't come in a completely dominate? Im shocked. I swear, people need to realize that not every rookie is going to to give you a Crosby or Ovechkin like rookie year.
I don't want Schenn to dominate. For all I care he could have no goals and no assists. All I want is him to play like he gives a damn. Same goes for the rest of this ridiculous team. Seriously points are one thing. Just give me a damn effort that says "I'm NHL ready"

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Adriatic

Was at the game tonight. Don't how it looked from TV but Jagr seemed to be flying out there. Was probably the only Flyer that looked dangerous..hard to believe he's 39.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:58 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
I don't want Schenn to dominate. For all I care he could have no goals and no assists. All I want is him to play like he gives a damn. Same goes for the rest of this ridiculous team. Seriously points are one thing. Just give me a damn effort that says "I'm NHL ready"
Calm down. If you didn't expect games like this after they completely revamped the roster, then I don't know what to tell you. He's a young player just trying to keep his head above water at this point. If he starts running around hitting everything that moves, he's going to be out of position which will lead to breakdowns defensively. And yeah that might impress you with his "effort", but it will ultimately lead to him getting benched by Lavy.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:07 AM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm not sure how, most of the locker room is brand new.
But the question is, is it where it has always been since Laviolette took over?

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:10 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
+1.

I haven't been impressed with schenn since rookie camp in July. He racked up points in the ahl, but doesn't look like he's putting the effort in that he needs to in order to be successful at this level. He's thrown a couple hits and has blocked some shots and won a few face offs, but he looks absolutely lost in the neutral zone, in the offensive zone and on the forecheck. It's very disheartening considering what we gave up to get him. I liked the kid in juniors and the wjc, and I was excited when we got him but I just don't see the heart he's going to need to replace a guy like mike Richards.

Couturier, on the other hand, looks like he really gives his all every shift. It's really a shame that this kid is being plugged into the 4th line with talbot and Shelley. We need something to change here. Maybe take briere out of the center position and make couturier the 2nd line center, waive Shelley, bring rinaldo back up and send schenn back to the ahl until he decides he wants to play like he cares.

Jvr-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Couturier-Briere
Simmonds-Read-Voracek
Rinaldo-Talbot-Nodl

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:15 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
+1.

I haven't been impressed with schenn since rookie camp in July. He racked up points in the ahl, but doesn't look like he's putting the effort in that he needs to in order to be successful at this level. He's thrown a couple hits and has blocked some shots and won a few face offs, but he looks absolutely lost in the neutral zone, in the offensive zone and on the forecheck. It's very disheartening considering what we gave up to get him. I liked the kid in juniors and the wjc, and I was excited when we got him but I just don't see the heart he's going to need to replace a guy like mike Richards.

Couturier, on the other hand, looks like he really gives his all every shift. It's really a shame that this kid is being plugged into the 4th line with talbot and Shelley. We need something to change here. Maybe take briere out of the center position and make couturier the 2nd line center, waive Shelley, bring rinaldo back up and send schenn back to the ahl until he decides he wants to play like he cares.

Jvr-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Couturier-Briere
Simmonds-Read-Voracek
Rinaldo-Talbot-Nodl
The problem is, the most of the team doesn't look like they have effort.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:23 AM
hockeyfreak7

Schenn playing with no heart? Wow. The use of the word "heart" is the single most pathetic thing on this site. Yeah, go ahead and judge his "heart" based on the first three games of his rookie season. Great call.

I honestly can not think of a dumber comment made on hfboards.

Believe it or not, transitioning to the NHL game is not instantaneous for most players. Dominating juniors and dominating the farm league is VERY different than playing in the NHL. Of course he's going to look like a fish out of water at first.

Some players are able to make that transition a lot smoother. But it has absolutely NOTHING to do with heart. If you truly think that....well, I just feel bad. Some people here really think they can judge the passion that a 20 year old kid has from the first couple games of his rookie season

It's also extremely difficult to develop any sort of intensity when the rest of the team is playing uninspired. Young players are extremely dependent on veterans in that regard. Trust me, when the team develops any sort of rhythm, Schenn will play better hockey. I guarantee that 100%

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
It's all Jagr's fault. He floats and drags down the team with his midnight party sessions at the rink.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Czech Your Math

Right now this team looks like most of those Jagr's been on: his line carrying the offense, while defense and starting goalie have been shaky.

No worries at this point though, Jagr's back on track, Briere will come around, Bryz will get adjusted, Pronger will get healthy, and Homer will put together another deal by the deadline.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:33 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Valid point.

All I am saying is schenn can be sent down if they so choose, voracek cannot be. So, why not send a message to schenn and to the rest of the team or, at least, attempt to.

I just don't have a good feeling. I'm remaining optimistic and not hitting the panic button by any means, but this team seems to have issues that dispose of the 'growing pains' excuses. There seems to be no heart in times when this team should be stepping up. Like tonight, for example. They come out hard, establish a pace and tally the first goal and cycle the **** out of them on the pp before deciding they didn't care anymore.

I think there might be too much inexperience in the offense to carry this team the way they need to in lavis system, and the veterans, like briere, aren't doing their jobs without the puck.

Again, it's still very early, and I'm hoping its not as big of an issue as I'm making it out to be, but of this team doesn't start clicking, we are going to be fighting to get the 8th playoff spot.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:08 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

jvr and voracek are struggling to find a permanent place in the top 6.

going off the last few games, our two best lines have been:
hartnell-giroux-jagr
schenn-briere-simmonds

jvr and voracek have both played their best when taking hartnell or schenn's spot on these lines, but the jvr-read-voracek experiment isn't really working out and it's having a negative effect on read's game as well. so do you stick with it and hope chemistry comes eventually?

as long as there are issues like this and pronger is out of lineup, we're going to have to deal with stinkers like tonight every once in a while. once the team gels they should be one of the best in the conference.

i mean oh god this team sucks trade bryz tank for yakupov.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 01:16 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

While its sickening to me to think of finishing last in the league... Yakupov would be so awe-NO someone slap me!

Old
10-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Prongo
Beer

I wonder if Detroit's board is reacting this way???

It's sad to see how pessimistic our fan base during this one game losing streak. I question if some of you are really fans of this team honestly

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 01:26 AM
StandingCow

PhillyFlying your avatar is terrifying.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Every time JVR touches the puck, he completes 40% of an amazing highlight goal.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Anyone notice how teams got a TON of lucky bounces against us in the past few games but our last lucky bounce was the Giroux goal against Van?
Yeah but do you also notice how teams just swarm the crease area? There is always traffic in front. We have a pretty soft defense in terms of clearing the porch.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:52 AM
dookie88

Bi-polar forum is bi-polar.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 03:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

defense was terrible. and once again we got nothing out of JVR and Voracek. did they even play? I dont think Schenn was that bad. But people need to relax. half a dozen games is way to freakin early to freak out. someone mentioned career AHLer? what a ****ing joke.
how many times is this team going to leave Bryzgalov hung out to dry. But thats what you get when you build a team that has mostly poor defensive forwards. Its pretty bad when a 18 year old kid is your best defensive forward.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 03:36 AM
StandingCow

I have heard mention that players should stop trying to block so many shots, and let bryz see the puck so he can stop it... maybe they are screening him too often.

We have already seen how many deflection goals there have been, and that is because of all the traffic trying to block the shot.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Watching the Flyers as an outsider, it felt in this game they did not have the fire they once have. I wonder if it's because Carcillo is not there? I remember when they would lose against the Habs in the past, they wanted to take the Habs' players' heads off. It's that edge that made the Habs' players jumpy when they played them. But last night as a fan anyway I never felt any real threat. Like it was just another team.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 07:34 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
jvr and voracek are struggling to find a permanent place in the top 6.

going off the last few games, our two best lines have been:
hartnell-giroux-jagr
schenn-briere-simmonds

jvr and voracek have both played their best when taking hartnell or schenn's spot on these lines, but the jvr-read-voracek experiment isn't really working out and it's having a negative effect on read's game as well. so do you stick with it and hope chemistry comes eventually?

as long as there are issues like this and pronger is out of lineup, we're going to have to deal with stinkers like tonight every once in a while. once the team gels they should be one of the best in the conference.

i mean oh god this team sucks trade bryz tank for yakupov.

I understand, that the coach has to experiment with new lines since the team is half new.
But he has to place players in their optimal positions in order to maximize output. Placing Read in C has not produced any results for either player on this line, but there has not been any adjustment from the coach. And that Lavi's lack of flexibility has been bothering me for a while now.
Also, I am sure that lack of production is also killing players' confidence.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 08:18 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Hey guys, you did indeed get some unlucky bounces last night, we have been living it since the beginning of the season. So i guess we were do for some lucky one's.

Oh and by the way, if you want to get rid of Schenn like some of you are saying. We will take him off your hands for you.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
While its sickening to me to think of finishing last in the league... Yakupov would be so awe-NO someone slap me!
WTF? Last place?

I was as disappointed / annoyed as anyone by the 2nd and 3rd periods last night... but last place?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote