HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Alfie to play many more seasons.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:08 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmour View Post
I think having Condra around will prolong his career by a year or two. They seem to be rubbing off on eachother lately.
+1 to this

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
HappyDude
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolakDave View Post
I just realized that Gordie Howe played his last season in the NHL while he was 52 years old...

With today's technology and science, players are fitter than they were 30 years ago, so Alfie, in theory, could play until he's 50.

Discuss.
Yeah he could play till he was 50....... in the SEL!

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
dacostalove

you group here are a touchy bunch aren't you.

dacostalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
It was because Alfredsson had option years from before the new CBA... the Sens were allowed to buy them out before he got his new contract... one time exception because of the way his contract was.

Under the new CBA if a player is bought out then they can not sign with the same team for a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail2012 View Post
No they can't. More false information being given as fact on this site.

The contract they bought out was with the old CBA, the new CBA has a different set of rules that wont allow a team to buy out a player and then resign the same player for one year.
Quote:
Right, so when someone tries to help another poster but lies to them instead, we should just not say a word. That way, we can become the most-uneducated fanbase in the league. Good call.

You be you, I will be me. I am going to continue to make people accountable for their posts.
Fuhr's right about Alfie's option years, but rest here is all a miss. What you're thinking of is the one time compliance buyouts permitted coming off the lockout.

Article 50.9(i)(iii)
Quote:
Any moneys paid pursuant to a Compliance Buyout Agreement are excluded from the definition of League-wide Player Compensation. Amounts paid under such buyout agreement shall not be counted against the Players' Share for any League Year in which they are paid. Moreover, a Player that has been bought out under the Compliance Buyout provisions of this Agreement shall be prohibited from rejoining the Prior Club that bought him out (via re-signing, trade Assignment or otherwise) for the 2005-06 League Year.
Players bought out under Ordinary Course buyouts are immediately deemed UFA's with no different restrictions on where they may sign then any other UFA. That being of course, none.

There's some delicious irony in this thread lol.. not naming any names.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon

Last edited by Squiffy: 10-24-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Cujomi
De Leeuw Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Fuhr's right about Alfie's option years, but rest here is all a miss. What you're thinking of is the one time compliance buyouts permitted coming off the lockout.

Article 50.9(i)(iii)

Players bought out under Ordinary Course buyouts are immediately deemed UFA's with no different restrictions on where they may sign then any other UFA. That being of course, none.
So...what you're saying is that people on HFBoards were acting like dicks to other posters, putting on a superiority complex for no reason and were actually wrong?

No way.

Also this is pretty cool info.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
So...what you're saying is that people on HFBoards were acting like dicks to other posters, putting on a superiority complex for no reason and were actually wrong?

No way.

Also this is pretty cool info.
Far be it from me to say such a thing.. but I could see that conclusion being drawn.

Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:52 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
What does me being here one month have to do with anything?
You'll learn soon enough- when another poster joins up that seems intent on being added to as many Ignore Lists as he can within a month. They'll have lots of fun wondering why nobody acknowledges their pearls of wisdom, then.

Argue away until your heart's content, but when someone is wrong (which happens to everyone) there's no need to vilify them for an honest mistake- or to thank yourself for providing information, for that matter.

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:54 PM
HappyGilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
+1 to this
Agreed.

You see the thing with Alfredsson is that he really

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:08 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
My post was no different than The Fuhr's.
Actually it was. The Fuhr responded kindly correcting the user, while you responded unsurprisingly like the ********* you are, and have now de-railed this thread. I'm not sure you seem to be making it your goal to make a complete ass of yourself with every post, but you're not the first person to try it, don't think you're unique.

Quote:
What I will never understand is people answering other members questions without doing proper research first. If you don't already know the answer, or you may not be sure, look up the answer before posting...or don't hit "submit reply".
What I will never understand is people quoting a post and berating a person without reading the thread and realizing that a post has already been addressed. If you can't take the time to read the posts, don't bother submitting reply. Or logging in.

I'll gladly take the infraction I am about to receive because you'll be gone in a month just like the other clowns before you who thought they were king ****.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Rumcajs

I think he will only play as long as he puts up 50 points (in 82 games)..basically an impact player. Since he is the captain and we dont want a Rod Brind'Amour incident to happen (his captaincy being stripped).

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Cujomi
De Leeuw Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Actually it was. The Fuhr responded kindly correcting the user, while you responded unsurprisingly like the ********* you are, and have now de-railed this thread. I'm not sure you seem to be making it your goal to make a complete ass of yourself with every post, but you're not the first person to try it, don't think you're unique.

What I will never understand is people quoting a post and berating a person without reading the thread and realizing that a post has already been addressed. If you can't take the time to read the posts, don't bother submitting reply. Or logging in.

I'll gladly take the infraction I am about to receive because you'll be gone in a month just like the other clowns before you who thought they were king ****.
I bolded this because it seems weird to me that you would specify this situation. I don't understand why people berate eachother constantly on the internet period.

I would actually say that the people who are willing to actually have a decent debate or conversation about a subject without slinging insults or making sarcastic remarks in an attempt to discredit or embarrass the other poster are in the minority. The funny thing is that it happens more often than not in this board. It's one thing to disagree with what someone is saying and explain why, but this board and the internet in general have the feel of a highschool cafeteria.

Not to call names, but even some of the more 'respected' posters aren't exceptions to this: MoO, Jerk Store, Ottoman, FQL, Suiteness, etc. etc.

I don't know how you can preach some kind of friendly environment when some of the more prominent posters on the board exhibit the same behaviour fairly consistently.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Yeah he could play till he was 50....... in the SEL!
It would actually be harder to play in the SEL at that age since they use bigger rinks which makes them skate more every shift.

Just ask PJ Axelsson who said exactly this when he came home to the SEL after having spent like 10 years in the NHL. He said it was exhausting to skate all over that huge ice surface. He actually had to go through extra conditioning to be able to cut it. He was pretty useless the first weeks due to not having the stamina to skate.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I bolded this because it seems weird to me that you would specify this situation. I don't understand why people berate eachother constantly on the internet period.

I would actually say that the people who are willing to actually have a decent debate or conversation about a subject without slinging insults or making sarcastic remarks in an attempt to discredit or embarrass the other poster are in the minority. The funny thing is that it happens more often than not in this board. It's one thing to disagree with what someone is saying and explain why, but this board and the internet in general have the feel of a highschool cafeteria.

Not to call names, but even some of the more 'respected' posters aren't exceptions to this: MoO, Jerk Store, Ottoman, FQL, Suiteness, etc. etc.

I don't know how you can preach some kind of friendly environment when some of the more prominent posters on the board exhibit the same behaviour fairly consistently.
I'm not preaching a friendly environment at all. As long as users make it a goal to berate others, I will berate them, and gladly admit to being part of the problem.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
*Looks at injury report: alfie*

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
playasRus

Jynx thread is jynx

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 03:58 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

I'd say one more year max, I don't know if he'll even play next year for a million.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Gotta love PolkaDave

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Hey, I just wanted Alfie to have a vacation.

Ps. wtf is wrong with everyone. How the hell does someone manage to troll a joke thread. How is that even possible.

Nail2012 is worse than a Staph-infection.

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolakDave View Post
Hey, I just wanted Alfie to have a vacation.

Ps. wtf is wrong with everyone. How the hell does someone manage to troll a joke thread. How is that even possible.

Nail2012 is worse than a Staph-infection.
Hey, play nice.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 07:56 PM
dacostalove

or everybody complaining could grow a thicker skin. but hey, thin skin is a prerequisite of being a part of the sens board it seems.

dacostalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Ed Wood

I've always had more respect for players who walk away before the tank is empty (Jean Beliveau, Denis Potvin,etc.). Having said that I'm hoping Alfie calls it a career at the end of this season. I don't want to remember him just barely hanging on like Mike Modano.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 08:17 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Yeah, I think Alfredsson retires after the 2012-2013 season when he will be 40 years old.