HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#10|Oct 27, 2011|Jets at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
  #26
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Go Flyers?

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:23 AM
  #27
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,469
vCash: 500
As if the Flyers will play a full 60 min + any OT and shootout
As if JvR will finally get his **** together
As if Voracek will cut out his Zherdev impersonation
As if our D will protect the front of the net
As if the Flyers won't play down to their competition's level






RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:36 AM
  #28
edgevolution
GO USA!
 
edgevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Any talk on who's starting tonight? I have Bob on a fantasy team and was wondering if I should start him?

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
  #29
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,745
vCash: 1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanh View Post
Any talk on who's starting tonight? I have Bob on a fantasy team and was wondering if I should start him?
There wasn't a morning skate, no word on who's starting.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
  #30
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Rinaldo, Gustafsson going to Philly, apparently.
-PSPhantoms

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:41 AM
  #31
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
-PSPhantoms
Sorry but i like the move! Matt Walker had his opportunity to play and he lost it. Pair gus with timonen and have mez with Lilja.. gives you three good d-pairings

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
  #32
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Sorry but i like the move! Matt Walker had his opportunity to play and he lost it. Pair gus with timonen and have mez with Lilja.. gives you three good d-pairings
Lilja was worse then Walker. Not defending Walker because he sucks too and his cap hit is also a problem. Lilja brings down Mez.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:17 AM
  #33
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Lilja was worse then Walker. Not defending Walker because he sucks too and his cap hit is also a problem. Lilja brings down Mez.
No Walker has been absolutely horrible... Worse than Lilja by far.. especially last night

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:19 AM
  #34
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
No Walker has been absolutely horrible... Worse than Lilja by far.. especially last night
I don't think we were watching the same game. I noticed Lilja way more than i noticed Walker last night.

Lilja was the worse flyer on ice.

Terrible pinches and falling on his ass when he has to turn.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:20 AM
  #35
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Both Lilja and Walker had pretty terrible games last night. Walker didn't do so well against Toronto either. The thing with Lilja though, is that he's on that 35+ contract, so he'll count against the cap even if he's waived and sent down. At least, that's how I understood it.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
  #36
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I don't think we were watching the same game. I noticed Lilja way more than i noticed Walker last night.

Lilja was the worse flyer on ice.
I'm not Lilja's biggest defender, but that you didn't notice Walker so much, may be because he didn't see the ice that much. I don't recall his ice time right now, but it was very limited.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:22 AM
  #37
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,440
vCash: 500
Hopefully our D will tighten up and start meshing tonight, and hopefully we play a solid game on both ends....Would just like to see a nice solid 60 minute effort tonight, which will cure a lot of whats ailing us Flyers fans...

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
  #38
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I don't think we were watching the same game. I noticed Lilja way more than i noticed Walker last night.

Lilja was the worse flyer on ice.

Terrible pinches and falling on his ass when he has to turn.
walker got 7:03 or something like that... thats why you didnt see him.

Lilja was out for double that. Lilja was bad last night, but everyone was bad. Walker was horrible. Two goals came directly from his on ice mistakes

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
  #39
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I'm not Lilja's biggest defender, but that you didn't notice Walker so much, may be because he didn't see the ice that much. I don't recall his ice time right now, but it was very limited.
Yes it was very limited but how could a guy be so brutal if he wasn't really on the ice?

Lilja and Walker suck.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:26 AM
  #40
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
walker got 7:03 or something like that... thats why you didnt see him.

Lilja was out for double that. Lilja was bad last night, but everyone was bad. Walker was horrible. Two goals came directly from his on ice mistakes
Walker also made a good pinch to set up the first goal. Walker was not the sole person to blame in those two goals. He didn't play a good game either. Really like you said nobody did last night. The only person you could say had a good game was Jagr. The whole team structure was terrible in their own zone. I'm not defending the guy but you are using him as a scapegoat and making his play last night seem worse then it really was. Lilja was the worst flyer on ice last night.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
  #41
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Yes it was very limited but how could a guy be so brutal if he wasn't really on the ice?

Lilja and Walker suck.
I understand they both blow don't get me wrong haha, but if there was a better player its been Lilja so far. Walker isn't seeing ice time is a indicator that he is horrible. Atleast Lilja was playing better than Walker to take his ice time from him

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
  #42
Philly89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philladelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
I don't like Lilja OR Walker, but wasn't it Walker that kept the puck in the zone when Jagr scored last night?

Philly89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:30 AM
  #43
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Walker also made a good pinch to set up the first goal. Walker was not the sole person to blame in those two goals. He didn't play a good game either. Really like you said nobody did last night. The only person you could say had a good game was Jagr. The whole team structure was terrible in their own zone. I'm not defending the guy but you are using him as a scapegoat and making his play last night seem worse then it really was. Lilja was the worst flyer on ice last night.
If Walker made that pinch(im not sure, but believe you) then he was on the ice for 3 goals involving both teams... one for the flyers and 2 for the Canadians. Im not making anyone a scapecoat for anything. The entire team played poorly but far and above Walker was the worst, the easy indicator was he didnt even play that much in the third or overall in the entire game

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:32 AM
  #44
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,165
vCash: 156
We might as well give Gus a look. We know what Hips and Lilja can do and it sorta sucks.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:37 AM
  #45
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
If Schenn is out injured, what are the odds that we return to the lines that we saw in the first couple of games (assuming Nödl is ready to go)?

Hartnell has looked really good with Giroux and Jagr though, so maybe he stays there.

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
Simmonds-Brière-Voracek
JvR-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-Nödl

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
  #46
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis
 
Chris Pronger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 92
JUST WIN

It's impossible to lose to the Jets

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:02 PM
  #47
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,861
vCash: 500
Please bounce back tonight, I need to sleep well this evening

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:05 PM
  #48
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Also, one of the few things that made last night's loss bearable was knowing this was another game today.

No such luck tomorrow.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
  #49
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Both Lilja and Walker had pretty terrible games last night. Walker didn't do so well against Toronto either. The thing with Lilja though, is that he's on that 35+ contract, so he'll count against the cap even if he's waived and sent down. At least, that's how I understood it.
This is the only explanation.

Lilja played twice as many minutes--so he was more noticeably bad. Walker didn't play that poorly, but with Pronger out, there is no reason to keep him up at 7 minutes a night.

On the pairings, I would be pretty surprised if its Timonen and Gustaffson. That's not a lot of size to handle some of the Jets bigger bodies, and it would mean the rookie playing 20+ minutes.

I'm thinking more like:

Timonen-Coburn
Mez-Lilja
Carle-Gus

Though I think this would be best:

Timonen-Mez
Coburn-Gus
Carle-Lilja

Coburn is both defensively responsible and quick, so he can cover for some of Gus's mistakes. Carle's speed makes up for some of Lilja's problems, though that pairing still has disaster written all over it.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:29 PM
  #50
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
If Schenn is out injured, what are the odds that we return to the lines that we saw in the first couple of games (assuming Nödl is ready to go)?

Hartnell has looked really good with Giroux and Jagr though, so maybe he stays there.

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
Simmonds-Brière-Voracek
JvR-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-Nödl
Looks about right. Maybe flip JVR and Simmonds--but I'd be happy with that line-up.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.