HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

OT: Foreign owners in EPL oppose relegation system

Old
10-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gud View Post
I don't think a single team has gone into bankruptcy - also if we look at parity, then the leagues that have been mentioned are not the only ones in Europe.
This.

Being kicked down often means you'll lose most of your good players though, and that means it'll be hard to get promoted again. The 2nd division in Sweden is competitive, it's a terrible league (compared to most European standards), but it's pretty even.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:31 AM
gud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
This.

Being kicked down often means you'll lose most of your good players though, and that means it'll be hard to get promoted again. The 2nd division in Sweden is competitive, it's a terrible league (compared to most European standards), but it's pretty even.
I have no idea about how it works in hockey. I only know that my team would not spend many years down there.

There is obviously a great chasm - the NA way seems here just like some Morgoth slavery, but that's how they want it.

gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by heutZe View Post
That sounds like a correct description. I have family in Stockholm, Sweden and to me that seems to be a pretty long distance from here. However, the distance between Oslo and Stockholm is about the same distance as Boston to Philadelphia.
Amusingly enough, I just drove from Boston to Philly and back for a wedding. I generally do that drive 4-6 times a year, and Boston to South Jersey (about the same distance) another 4-6 times. To me, that's a weekend trip. Driving 5 and a half hours is just not a big deal, and a 2 hour trip or less is a day trip to me. A large part of that is due to my upbringing (grandfather was diagnosed with cancer right after my family moved to NE from Philly, thus a regular Connecticut -> Philly trip every weekend for the first 2 years after we moved), but North American distances are just...different.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote