HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal @ Boston - 7PM EDT - TSN-Habs/RDS/NHLN-US/NESN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
  #176
Leo Getz
Registered User
 
Leo Getz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Won't tell anything about Bruins fans in particular. It's not like the Habs fan have been classy and intelligent in this story either. I mean, they treated Chara and Bruins fans like they were the second coming of Ashurnasirpal II and his Assyrians.

Like the great Carey Price once said : "everybody needs to chill out".
I got a kick out of your comparsion. Quite topical, heh.

Leo Getz is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:22 AM
  #177
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
seriously. The Ruins could win the Cup 20 times in a row and I'd still hate them, even more!
Are you mimicking the snarls of Bruins fans who would substitute Shabs or Scabs for Ruins? Anyway, I predict the Bruins won't reach the Cup finals this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
I hope not.

They can laugh all they want about those Habs fan who called the 911 and went overboard with the incident, I can understand that. We, as a fan base, reacted emotionally and it wasn't always pretty!

But booing Pacioretty would be, well, just sad. I mean, it's not like he acted like a cry-baby since the incident, and he even said he was against those stupid legal procedures. He went through it like a men, and I wish Bruins fans recognize that.

Anyway, I just wish we could all turn the page on this story, concentrate on hockey and keep on with an intense but sane rivalry.

I G=guess we'll know pretty soon where this is going from now.
Booing the victim reminds me of the attitude of many Texans.


Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-27-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: merge
Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
  #178
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Why ?

Who do you take out ?

The 6 d-men yesterday have done a pretty good job.
I thought our poorest defenseman last night was Gill but I don't believe there is any way Martin would EVER sit Gill

HCH is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:30 AM
  #179
Lshap
Registered User
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Philly too. Go read any Boston or Philly GDT when they're losing and the last comments are always about how x player should take y player's head off or else they don't have ''heart''.
In fairness to the Flyers fans, I checked out their post-game comments and most were pretty rational. More upset than vicious.

Lshap is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
  #180
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I forgot my little emoticon....


We have 5 American players playing regular and they have 2: Corvo and Thomas.
Corvo, trash? Wasn't he signed to replace Kaberle, who also played like he was worth a bag of pucks as a Bruin?

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:34 AM
  #181
Taylorzzz
Registered User
 
Taylorzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kingsville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
I have a dumb question guys. Do you think the Bruins will goon it up tonight?
Not until the Habs are up by 3 goals.

Taylorzzz is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
  #182
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
I have a dumb question guys. Do you think the Bruins will goon it up tonight?
Probably, I hope Nilan and Kordic are in the lineup tonight!
Opps sorry wrong decade.......

habdynasty is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:38 AM
  #183
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,022
vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Now accepting bets on whether or not bruins fans will boo the kid who got his neck broken last year.
I would hope not but there are idiots everywhere....and they are usually loud.

I hate the "USA USA "chant too as do most of the STH I know.

I won't be booing. I am pleased he is OK.

__________________
Get well Pevs. B's fans sending you a hug!!!.

Last edited by Ladyfan: 10-27-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Ladyfan is online now  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
  #184
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Like him or not, Gill is the bodyguard for all the youngsters on that D-braigade. He saved Subban's ass more than once.
He hasn't saved Subban at all this year and if you look really closely you would see that it was Subban who was constantly retrieving the puck out of Gill's corner last year. I think Subban's skating ability hid a lot of Gill's shortcomings.

The game against Philly was Subban's best this year and he wasn't paired with Gill.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can say that Gill is anyone's bodyguard. He is a very passive 6'7, rarely clears the front of the net, rarely gets to the puck before the opposing forward, rarely makes a crisp outlet pass. He does block shots but a lot of times it is right after he has given the puck to the opposition.

About the only thing that Emelin lacks is NHL experience. In almost every other facet of the game he is the superior player.

Having said that, I do expect Gill to play regularly. With the situation the team is in, Martin is going to go with who he knows best and you can't blame him for it.

When Markov returns and if he is healthy, a whole new dynamic is created. Diaz or Emelin would likely go to Hamilton. That's a situation that the GM will have to weigh because there is more to it than who is playing better at the time.

HCH is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
  #185
Taylorzzz
Registered User
 
Taylorzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kingsville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 364
vCash: 500



Taylorzzz is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:41 AM
  #186
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,565
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Manu <3

Seb is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:49 AM
  #187
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Pavelec4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 30,873
vCash: 50
omg this is the funniest GDT I have ever seen
ever

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Pavelec4MVP is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 11:52 AM
  #188
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
I'd rather want to see Spacek or Emelin paired with Subban tonight than Gill.

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
  #189
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,092
vCash: 500
I don't feel like spending too much time trying to "justify" the banner in OP.

I chose that picture on purpose, because it didn't show sick kids, unlike other images in the galllery.

Those who are familiar with what I post online know that I do the same (and sometimes a lot worse) towards Habs players and personnel.

That said, Go Habs Go!

Moen in Glory is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
  #190
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Put Emelin where Gill is and have Gill play as a #7...

Mathradio is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
  #191
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
After how they booed and taunted Raymond last year, nothing is impossible with some of these people. I bet Patches will get booed.

PK needs to troll them hard just like Carolina did. They turn into brainless monkeys when you get under their skin (especially the cavemen line).

Bob Cole is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:27 PM
  #192
JLP
чудесный Монреаль
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
I'm thinking JM will keep the same lines from periods 2/3 of the Philly game:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Cammalleri-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn
Darche-Nokelainen-Blunden

Gorges-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Spacek-Weber
Agree. Keep the lines stable for longer, JM. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I thought our poorest defenseman last night was Gill but I don't believe there is any way Martin would EVER sit Gill

Agree. But, at the PP firing presser PG promised the philosophy of the team will change, so maybe a vet could be scratched from time to time. Nothing personal against Gill, but he is not our future and we could use a bit more grit versus the broons. Meanwhile Emelin could get cold. We can hope. On a positive side I like our 4th line, we finally have one!

JLP is online now  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
  #193
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
He hasn't saved Subban at all this year and if you look really closely you would see that it was Subban who was constantly retrieving the puck out of Gill's corner last year. I think Subban's skating ability hid a lot of Gill's shortcomings.

The game against Philly was Subban's best this year and he wasn't paired with Gill.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can say that Gill is anyone's bodyguard. He is a very passive 6'7, rarely clears the front of the net, rarely gets to the puck before the opposing forward, rarely makes a crisp outlet pass. He does block shots but a lot of times it is right after he has given the puck to the opposition.

About the only thing that Emelin lacks is NHL experience. In almost every other facet of the game he is the superior player.

Having said that, I do expect Gill to play regularly. With the situation the team is in, Martin is going to go with who he knows best and you can't blame him for it.

When Markov returns and if he is healthy, a whole new dynamic is created. Diaz or Emelin would likely go to Hamilton. That's a situation that the GM will have to weigh because there is more to it than who is playing better at the time.
You don't get it. I was not talking about hockey skills. I was talking about a physical protection that Gill provided to PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
After how they booed and taunted Raymond last year, nothing is impossible with some of these people. I bet Patches will get booed.

PK needs to troll them hard just like Carolina did. They turn into brainless monkeys when you get under their skin.
I hope not. I don't want one of our players to be seriously injured by these apes.


Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-27-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: merge
habitue* is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:30 PM
  #194
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
I don't feel like spending too much time trying to "justify" the banner in OP.

I chose that picture on purpose, because it didn't show sick kids, unlike other images in the galllery.

Those who are familiar with what I post online know that I do the same (and sometimes a lot worse) towards Habs players and personnel.

That said, Go Habs Go!
Wait.. someone actually has a problem with your gif? Is this real life?

One Trick Pony is online now  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:33 PM
  #195
JLP
чудесный Монреаль
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo Mortensen View Post
Some people need to chill out, LoneWolf is a friendly poster from the Bruins Board....She's here in peace and we have to respect that

Meh in theory, but I personally prefer people stay on their own boards or else meet on the main board because the standards of mods on different team boards can be very different: one man's friendly visitor is another man's troll,,,

JLP is online now  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
  #196
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,158
vCash: 500
They will cheer USA USA and boo Pacioretty forgetting that he is an American born kid from near Boston.

HH is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:36 PM
  #197
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,748
vCash: 500
Gotta love Patches.

When asked on TSN if he really expects the boo birds tonight, he responded with "Well, that's Boston fans for you..right?"

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
  #198
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Gotta love Patches.

When asked on TSN if he really expects the boo birds tonight, he responded with "Well, that's Boston fans for you..right?"
Patches .

He will light the lamp tonight.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
  #199
Leo Getz
Registered User
 
Leo Getz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Wait.. someone actually has a problem with your gif? Is this real life?
There was an objection raised by someone from another board because we were making fun of them wearing costumes. But they were in costumes because they were visiting sick kids so it should be off limits.

In the Bruins GDT they use the same picture (with chara holding the cup), followed by a picture of a markov lounging by a pool with a knee brace on.

Leo Getz is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
  #200
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Gotta love Patches.

When asked on TSN if he really expects the boo birds tonight, he responded with "Well, that's Boston fans for you..right?"
Nice.

Gotta love it when players get involved with the rivalry between fans.

Adds an entire new dimension to the game.

Jigger77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.