HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campbell watch

Old
10-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vCash: 500
If I recall correctly, Byfuglien had 2 of those 3 GWG's in the Vancouver series... where Toews was far more impressive despite one stat.

People had a sick obsession with Byfuglien that post-season because of his battles with Luongo and Pronger. He was a huge story for the run because he was an interesting player... but Conn Smythe worthy? I don't think so.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:20 PM
RomersWorld*

That Sharks series could have been completely different without Byfuglien. He was just a beast. That overtime winner on Nabakov was so sweet.

Buff had 2 game winners against the Sharks.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
The one who brought a Cup to your team.
Don't forget the significant contributions made by the GMs before and after him in getting that cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Erick has validity Campbell was clearly 3rd behind Keith and Seabrook. The loss of Byfuglein was huge a much larger loss than Bowman or any Hawks fan anticipated. Brunette does fill the body in front of the net. Byfuglein was more than a body in front of the net. He could score a break-a-way and also had a wrister or could shoot from the point or lead a rush on occasion. Ladd was under used in Chicago because of the Hawks depth but his skill set is clearly shining now.

Toews won the Conn Smythe because he led the team in points and had the C patch and the Olympics plus an all-star birth. Byfuglein had 3 game winning goals in the playoffs? Byfuglein easily could have won the Conn Smythe had Toews not been the face of the Hawks.
What? We've barely missed him at all. He was lackadaisical and was buried on the 4th line during the regular season a few years back. Q's fetish with him on the top line almost cost us the cup. While Buff is fast in a straight-line skate, he's horrible in terms of agility and being shifty. The player clearly missed the most is Ladd.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Don't forget the significant contributions made by the GMs before and after him in getting that cup.

What? We've barely missed him at all. He was lackadaisical and was buried on the 4th line during the regular season a few years back. Q's fetish with him on the top line almost cost us the cup. While Buff is fast in a straight-line skate, he's horrible in terms of agility and being shifty. The player clearly missed the most is Ladd.
I wouldn't say we don't miss him at all, especially in the playoffs. We could use his size up front. I don't miss his contract and play in the regular season, I will agree with that.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
That Sharks series could have been completely different without Byfuglien. He was just a beast. That overtime winner on Nabakov was so sweet.

Buff had 2 game winners against the Sharks.
You mean the play where he skated off the bench down the middle of the ice and jammed in a shot when Nabakov wasn't looking? Hell ya I went crazy when it scored, but it wasn't some magical play by him.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I don't get this talk again. Nobody would have taken Campbell and we had to trade Buff and the others

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:55 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
That overtime winner on Nabakov was a great set up from Dave Bolland IIRC. That was the key play of that goal.

BTW, Buff was last on Chicago with a -4 rating in the playoffs that year.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Suburbanbear

I don't get these arguments. The Cup year was a magical year for the Hawks...everyone contributed and was important for different reasons. Tallon deserves credit for putting together a team that won but NOT for putting together a team that could contend to win on a consistent basis year after year. Hockey is such a brutal sport with the long "two seasons" (regular and playoffs) that even if we had NOT lost all the players last season, the Hawks might not have fared any better in the play offs.

I think what pisses me off is the Panther Poster's focus on last year's numbers versus looking at the facts of what happened since the cup was won -- Bowman strengthened the core (re-signed Hammer Sharp and Seabrook, replace Campbell with Leddy, replaced Neimi with Crawford) and added the necessary elements missing last year WHILE improving our cap position. THAT is what makes the Hawks an elite team. We will be in the running for Cups for years to come.

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote