HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight ! 1g 2a GWG in OT!

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2011, 12:02 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
Bournival - Leblanc - Sakaris
Zlobin - Chaput - Kabanov
Veilleux - Morin - LeSieur
Arseneau - Poudrier - Maynard

mem' cup!
Leblanc WON'T go back to the Q.... He is +20 anyway.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:05 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
So, be it.

Let's not burn anymore our kids.

I think he has the talent and drive of a Guy Carbonneau or Mike Peca.
I don't recall the team "burning" any of their young players. If you're implying that they have rushed players that aren'r ready, then the closest thing might be Latendresse. To whom are you referring?

I kind of agree with the Carbo, Peca comparison, though...

Old
10-27-2011, 12:05 PM
goldglove

Quote:
I pretty sure he will play for the cats by Christmas time.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:07 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
He can but he wont...better stay with the Dogs

Old
10-27-2011, 12:07 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
I don't recall the team "burning" any of their young players. If you're implying that they have rushed players that aren'r ready, then the closest thing might be Latendresse. To whom are you referring?

I kind of agree with the Carbo, Peca comparison, though...
They brought Price and S.K. too early. A good year at AHL level for Price would had helped a lot . Both were immature individuals, too.

Last edited by habitue*: 10-27-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old
10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Its the opposition that matters not your mates.

You now see LL vs men and evaluate from there. We already know he is a hood junior. Hence the draft pick. You got to like LL s chances ... And his committment level. Dude left Harvard to go the way the org wanted. Harvard.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Celtic Cross

Coach also said he will start leblanc In a defensive center role. Lots of pk time before pp

Old
10-27-2011, 12:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
I pretty sure he will play for the cats by Christmas time.
Highly unlikely imo

Old
10-27-2011, 12:24 PM
pine*

Good to see him back in action tonight.

Hopefully in the best of scenarios he can develop to be an elite 3rd liner for us.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:36 PM
jwolf

Quote:
They brought Price and S.K. too early. A good year at AHL level for Price would had helped a lot . Both were immature individuals, too.
Both played well at the NHL level and proved they belonged. If they weren't adequately surrounded and protected, that's another conversation. I don't think either were rushed, though.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:47 PM
dogsplaybyplay

Louis Leblanc to make his professional debut tonight!

Hi Fans,

That was a great win by the Habs last night and I was thrilled to see 'Dogs grad Max Pacioretty score twice!

A lot of fans have been asking me about Louis Leblanc...so I thought that I would post a message to inform you that he will be making his professional debut tonight when the Hamilton Bulldogs battle the Rochester Americans at Copps Coliseum. In addition, Garrett Stafford will make his 'Dogs debut and Olivier Fortier is expected to return to the line-up for the first time this season as well!

Game time is 7:30 p.m. and there are plenty of good seats still available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-777-2377 or 1-855-872-5000.

If you can't make it to the game, you can always listen live on AM 820 CHAM or http://cham.player.amri.ca/ or watch live on www.ahllive.com. Our coverage begins with the Pioneer Pre-Game Show at 7:00 p.m.

If you can't make it to the game, listen to or watch it, be sure to follow me on Twitter @dogsplaybyplay for updates.

Best regards,
Derek Wills
Senior Director of Broadcasting and Community Relations / Play-By-Play Announcer
Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club

Old
10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsplaybyplay View Post
Hi Fans,

That was a great win by the Habs last night and I was thrilled to see 'Dogs grad Max Pacioretty score twice!

A lot of fans have been asking me about Louis Leblanc...so I thought that I would post a message to inform you that he will be making his professional debut tonight when the Hamilton Bulldogs battle the Rochester Americans at Copps Coliseum. In addition, Garrett Stafford will make his 'Dogs debut and Olivier Fortier is expected to return to the line-up for the first time this season as well!

Game time is 7:30 p.m. and there are plenty of good seats still available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-777-2377 or 1-855-872-5000.

If you can't make it to the game, you can always listen live on AM 820 CHAM or http://cham.player.amri.ca/ or watch live on www.ahllive.com. Our coverage begins with the Pioneer Pre-Game Show at 7:00 p.m.

If you can't make it to the game, listen to or watch it, be sure to follow me on Twitter @dogsplaybyplay for updates.

Best regards,
Derek Wills
Senior Director of Broadcasting and Community Relations / Play-By-Play Announcer
Thanks Derek

Old
10-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Giontatas

Here's hoping LL will pan out into a Jordan Staal type player. One of the best 3rd liners in the league.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:23 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giontatas View Post
Here's hoping LL will pan out into a Jordan Staal type player. One of the best 3rd liners in the league.
Players i like to think of:

Bergeron
Plekanec
Eller
Kesler
Fisher
M. Koivu

Clearly he's not yet near the talent of those guys, and he might never be, but he got a lot of similiarities in his play with those players.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsplaybyplay View Post
Hi Fans,

Best regards,
Derek Wills
Very nice of you to take the time to inform us like that. I'm looking forward to watching Leblanc play in the pro this season. I'm also very happy Fortier is back in the line-up. I hope he can stay healthy for a while this time around.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I think Price was ready for the NHL...just not ready to be #1 without a veteran to split time with. I think until he had two years under his belt it would have been smart to keep Huet or another veteran around to help much like Gill with Subban last year.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:32 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Both played well at the NHL level and proved they belonged. If they weren't adequately surrounded and protected, that's another conversation. I don't think either were rushed, though.
That's your opinion. I think they were not ready for the big show.

Old
Aeneas

Pretty sure I'm going to the game tonight, pumped to see him !! hopefully he gets a solid role, unlike how they used avtsin last year, although they're way different players

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Players i like to think of:

Bergeron
Plekanec
Eller
Kesler
Fisher
M. Koivu

Clearly he's not yet near the talent of those guys, and he might never be, but he got a lot of similiarities in his play with those players.
I think his talent level is up there, but he needs physical maturity in order to play a similar game in the pros.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giontatas View Post
Physically, LL is closer to Carbonneau and Peca. He's got some good skills, pretty good skater, grit, defensive awareness. I dunno about his FO capabilities. he could score 20 goals and get between 45-55 points each season.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

I see a definite similarity between theses LL descriptions and those of Kyle Chipchura back in the days. Hopefully, it'll turn out better.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:40 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
I see a definite similarity between theses LL descriptions and those of Kyle Chipchura back in the days. Hopefully, it'll turn out better.
As for the projected place in the line-up, yes, both are projected as probable 3rd line, gritty 2-way centers. But you have to remember that Chichura was NEVER described as a good skater, and got his Achille's tendon sliced as a junior player.

Leblanc is a good skater, can still improve, too. Hopefully his shoulder problem doesn't affect him.

Old
10-27-2011, 03:23 PM
zzoo

Quote:
I have the same feeling. Chipchura was the captain of Team Canada Jr, right ?

Old
10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I thought this was worthy of its own thread:

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight.

"Hamilton head coach Clément Jodoin has him skating on a line with wingers Andrew Conboy and Andreas Engqvist...“It’s his first pro game,” the coach says. “I said, ‘Louis, let’s go one step at a time.’ ”

hamilton spectator article

People should temper their expectations a bit, not only will he be a rookie in a new league but doing it without camp coming back from a serious injury. It make take him a month to get up to speed.

Old
10-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Where there is a big difference is in foot speed and puck skills. That's like comparing Plekanec to Engqvist because they both skate well and kill penalities.

Closed Thread