HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nov. 23 update: Schenn will play with Adirondack (had a broken left foot)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2011, 11:22 AM
  #26
Philly89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philladelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Did anyone else see this. It says Schenn could be out weeks + with an injury???

http://twitter.com/#!/search/Brayden%20Schenn
Hmm.... Its possible that he's hurt, I didn't hear his name in the third period..... But then again, I wasn't really paying attention to the game at that point

Philly89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
  #27
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,656
vCash: 1688
Schenn blocked a shot with his foot, IIRC. That could be the source of the problem.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
  #28
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,968
vCash: 156
Yeah, he took a shot from Subban somewhere in the ankle/foot area in the 1st period.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
  #29
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly89 View Post
Hmm.... Its possible that he's hurt, I didn't hear his name in the third period..... But then again, I wasn't really paying attention to the game at that point

Here is the original source:

http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...92042035752961

So it appears they could be reverting to the opening night lineup if Schenn is out.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
  #30
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Hate to lose Schenn, but like the idea of Couturier back up to the third line.

But what happens when Schenn returns? More of the same as we've seen?

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:30 AM
  #31
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Hate to lose Schenn, but like the idea of Couturier back up to the third line.
Same here.

I never liked the idea of him going to the 4th line.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:33 AM
  #32
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
He played on the pk too.
Did you confirm this with PSPhantoms? Cause I know for sure he didnt play on the pk the first game he got sent down, so unless they started to play him on the pk during the 2nd-4th games, the game I did watch he didnt play.

So probably the lines?

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
Voracek-Briere-Simmonds
JVR-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-Nodl/Shelly

Timonen-Coburn/Gustafsson
Carle-Coburn/Gustafsson
Lilja-Meszaros

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
  #33
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Did you confirm this with PSPhantoms? Cause I know for sure he didnt play on the pk the first game he got sent down, so unless they started to play him on the pk during the 2nd-4th games, the game I did watch he didnt play.
http://poststar.com/blogs/phantoms_f...cc4c03286.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Paterson
On Zac Rinaldo's first weekend with team (1 goal, no penalties):

He's been very good, very disciplined. Should have had a goal in the Albany game as well, probably, on the power play (disallowed for incidental contact with goalie). He killed some penalties in the Rochester game for us too in the second period. He killed penalties for us. So it was good to see. I know that we looked at the gamesheet after two games and we didn't see any penalties and that was probably a good thing. So he's played well and he's used his speed very well. He's able to drive the puck wide on defensemen and come back in similar to the goal he scored in the Toronto game (preseason in NHL), where he can bring the puck wide and come back in again. He's hanging on to the puck a lot more and it makes it tough for teams to play against him.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:38 AM
  #34
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
So for 2 (or 3) games he saw pk time in the 2nd period of 1 game..... I guess you can say they tried him out on the pk.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
  #35
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So for 2 (or 3) games he saw pk time in the 2nd period of 1 game..... I guess you can say they tried him out on the pk.
I'm sure they would of continued to use him on the PK as he continued to stay in the AHL but the possible Schenn injury changed things. He played on the PK in juniors as another poster said. I don't know if that means he will play on it anytime soon in the NHL but its good to see he is working on that side of his game as a professional. It makes him useful.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:43 AM
  #36
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I'm sure they would of continued to use him on the PK as he continued to stay in the AHL but the possible Schenn injury changed things. He played on the PK in juniors as another poster said. I don't know if that means he will play on it anytime soon in the NHL but its good to see he is working on that side of his game as a professional. It makes him useful.
I agree. Honestly, Id stand Rinaldo a lot more if he became a GOOD pker. If he keeps the stupidness down and they can trust him on pk time, (which means he will be exposed to more minutes +5), Id be fine with him. At the moment though, him playing 4 minutes a game, Im not a fan of.

Like last night where Lilja played what 7 minutes? Its f'ing useless.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
  #37
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,566
vCash: 5888
The Flyers are obviously force-feeding something that's not there. This is like Casey Matthews. And the Flyers will win tonight and we'll get geniuses who will be convinced that he is the reason why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I'm sure they would of continued to use him on the PK as he continued to stay in the AHL but the possible Schenn injury changed things. He played on the PK in juniors as another poster said. I don't know if that means he will play on it anytime soon in the NHL but its good to see he is working on that side of his game as a professional. It makes him useful.
I would think Ben Holmstrom would more replace Schenn than Rinaldo would. Holmstrom has actually killed penalties in the NHL, even though it was only 2 games, and can play center. The Flyers look like they want Talbot to be a winger.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
  #38
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,968
vCash: 156
I predict that the more he plays the more people will eventually sour on him.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:46 AM
  #39
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I agree. Honestly, Id stand Rinaldo a lot more if he became a GOOD pker. If he keeps the stupidness down and they can trust him on pk time, (which means he will be exposed to more minutes +5), Id be fine with him. At the moment though, him playing 4 minutes a game, Im not a fan of.

Like last night where Lilja played what 7 minutes? Its f'ing useless.
Walker played 7mins.

Lilja was around 14 i believe.

They both suck so its good to see Gus get in there.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
  #40
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I agree. Honestly, Id stand Rinaldo a lot more if he became a GOOD pker. If he keeps the stupidness down and they can trust him on pk time, (which means he will be exposed to more minutes +5), Id be fine with him. At the moment though, him playing 4 minutes a game, Im not a fan of.

Like last night where Lilja played what 7 minutes? Its f'ing useless.
Walker played seven minutes?

Lilja 15:38 or something like that

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:48 AM
  #41
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post

I would think Ben Holmstrom would more replace Schenn than Rinaldo would. Holmstrom has actually killed penalties in the NHL, even though it was only 2 games, and can play center. The Flyers look like they want Talbot to be a winger.
Well Couts will take Schenn's spot and they will move Talbot back to 4th line center. So Rinaldo in reality isn't replacing Schenn. He is replacing Talbots or Shelleys spot.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:52 AM
  #42
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Walker played 7mins.

Lilja was around 14 i believe.

They both suck so its good to see Gus get in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Walker played seven minutes?

Lilja 15:38 or something like that
I actually meant Walker. They both kinda pissed me off anyway.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
  #43
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,551
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Walker played 7mins.

Lilja was around 14 i believe.

They both suck so its good to see Gus get in there.
As if Gus will play any better? They are all about on the same level. Gus is nothing special.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
  #44
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The Flyers are obviously force-feeding something that's not there. This is like Casey Matthews. And the Flyers will win tonight and we'll get geniuses who will be convinced that he is the reason why.

Rinaldo getting 5:00 - 7:00 at most on the 4th line is like Casey Matthews getting in on special teams, not Casey Matthews starting at MIKE.

The Flyers are not replacing Schenn with Rinaldo. They are re-shuffling the lineup in Schenn's absence, and Rinaldo just happens to be the final link in the chain. Most likely Schenn is being replaced by Read, Read is being replaced by Couturier, Couturier is being replaced by Talbot and Talbot's 4th line spot on the wing is being replaced by some combination of Nodl, Rinaldo and Shelley.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
  #45
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
As if Gus will play any better? They are all about on the same level. Gus is nothing special.
Gus can at least skate and move the puck.

What can Lilja and Walker do besides be physical?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
  #46
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
As if Gus will play any better? They are all about on the same level. Gus is nothing special.
Sorry if Gus doesnt go for the big hit instead of the smart play everytime he plays. Walker and Lilja are what they are, old 7th d-men. Ill make a bet that Gustafsson will play better then they will. He is a COMPLETELY different player then they are. There is a reason why he is the 1st pairing, 1st pk and 1 pp, in the AHL. Time to see what he can do in the NHL.


Also:

Quote:
But Rinaldo and Gustafsson both left with bags packed and confirmed heading to Philly.
-PSPhantoms

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
  #47
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
Gus should do better than those two retards. However, he is going to have his "exposures"...hopefully less so than those other two who don't deserve to be referred to by their real names.

Right now our D is clueless when the other team is dominating with puck possession. The fact we suck at faceoffs makes us susceptible to this. Gus is not physical but he should be able to recover on breakdowns better and if we can establish our forecheck and control the puck more than last night we should be ok and he will be more effective. Still Pronger's absence is a killer moreso this year than last...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:18 PM
  #48
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
As if Gus will play any better? They are all about on the same level. Gus is nothing special.
Gus is young and has room to learn and improve. Walker is what he is; Canadian OKT

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
  #49
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,551
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Gus can at least skate and move the puck.

What can Lilja and Walker do besides be physical?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Sorry if Gus doesnt go for the big hit instead of the smart play everytime he plays. Walker and Lilja are what they are, old 7th d-men. Ill make a bet that Gustafsson will play better then they will. He is a COMPLETELY different player then they are. There is a reason why he is the 1st pairing, 1st pk and 1 pp, in the AHL. Time to see what he can do in the NHL.
He is a different style of player, but the results will be the same. He may not make a mistake going for a hit, but he will the mistake elsewhere. The kid is a 5/6/7 d-man, just like Lilja and Walker. The fact that Gus is #1 on ADK means little to nothing. Aside from the fact that ADK's blueline isn't exactly ripe with talent, being #1 in the A does not always translate to anything in the NHL. Just ask my boy Michael Leighton. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm really not expecting much more from him than I would from Walker or Lilja. If they run with him as #6, throw Lilja on the bench, and ditch Walker for the rest of the year, I don't think the season would turn out much different than if they stick with Walker/Lilja as 6/7.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
  #50
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 500
And...Schenn broke his foot

Quote:
Holmgren confirms schenn broken left foot
-Timmy P

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.