HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Anyone else laughing about the Franson trade rumors?
Was there ever any doubt?

Old
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

If we dont change something soon I dont expect many more sellouts this year. Most boring team

Old
10-26-2011, 09:14 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
If we dont change something soon I dont expect many more sellouts this year. Most boring team
This. We have to start winning some home games. It's an amazingly defeating feeling leaving Bridgestone when we play such a boring style of game. It's watchable when we win the games, but losing + boring/lack of efffort = I'll just watch from home.

I still cannot believe that this team that we are watching took Vancouver to 6 games in the second round last year. We look like a lottery team.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:04 AM
jlsg

Same team that started 9-8-5 last year.
I saw improvement in last night. More improvement is needed but I saw a step in the right direction.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:13 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
I still cannot believe that this team that we are watching took Vancouver to 6 games in the second round last year. We look like a lottery team.
That's because it isn't the same team. Let's see what we look like after a few games with Fisher, Frankie and Marty back in the lineup.

No one has mentioned this, but I think losing Wardo has hurt more than most want to admit. He's strong on the puck and forecheck. Cycled the puck well. The Preds struggle to break out but also struggle to maintain the offensive zone. Fisher and Ward were key last season keeping the puck deep in the offensive zone. Until last night, we had neither. Part of the low shot count is related to this problem. I predict that the disparity in the shot count will start to diminish with Fisher back.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
That's because it isn't the same team. Let's see what we look like after a few games with Fisher, Frankie and Marty back in the lineup.
That's fine, but the NHL season is about dealing with adversity, injuries and who you have to plug in the holes when necessary. Nobody is going to have all of their players for the whole season. One of the problems with this year's team, as many of us have pointed out ad nauseum, is that last year's backups and depth are now in starting roles (and unproven at that) and Poile did not add any significant outside players to the organization. The depth is gone.

The 2011-12 Preds cannot be judged by "when all the pieces are healthy" as you and others suggest since it is simply not reality. An NHL team's success or failure is defined by the 82 game gauntlet and by the organization as a whole and how all of those vets, young players, and call-ups respond to the challenge. To date, it's pretty clear that the Pred's razor thin margin for error due to poor roster management by Poile is failing the test.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Stranger

Quote:
The Sports Authority has announced a specialty called meeting to discuss termination of incentives for Predators deal at Bridgestone Arena.
http://twitter.com/#!/tnnaterau/stat...14193832902658

Old
10-27-2011, 02:09 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The city has the option of discontinuing the incentive fee and/or reducing the management fee as of 30 Jun 2012. As slow as the Authority and Metro council move, they probably should have started this process long ago.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/71...-coyotes-trade

Turris wanting a trade.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:24 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Something tells me that Phoenix is going to want a pretty good return for the former third overall pick. It will be interesting to see

Old
10-28-2011, 05:32 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Something tells me that Phoenix is going to want a pretty good return for the former third overall pick. It will be interesting to see
A lot of talent, but mediocre numbers and more development/maturity needed. Turris isn't in position to make big demands and missing the first few weeks of the season isn't helping his bargaining position. If he's not signed in five weeks, he sits for the rest of the season.

He'd be another kid with a lot of potential, but, who just hasn't reached it if Poile made the move to get him. Turris comes with risk ... maybe he lives up to that #3 overall hype, maybe he remains a 10-15g a year guy.

Old
10-28-2011, 06:32 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
A lot of talent, but mediocre numbers and more development/maturity needed. Turris isn't in position to make big demands and missing the first few weeks of the season isn't helping his bargaining position. If he's not signed in five weeks, he sits for the rest of the season.

He'd be another kid with a lot of potential, but, who just hasn't reached it if Poile made the move to get him. Turris comes with risk ... maybe he lives up to that #3 overall hype, maybe he remains a 10-15g a year guy.
Agreed, and based on this, he's the type of player you should pay little for and hope for a big return. With the asking price most likely high, I wouldn't bother.

Old
10-28-2011, 10:51 AM
smashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Agreed, and based on this, he's the type of player you should pay little for and hope for a big return. With the asking price most likely high, I wouldn't bother.
I concur. Only want bonafide producers in trade. First line talent.

Old
10-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Top 6 Spaling

For once, I agree on not going after Turris. Too much money for unproven talent, even if the trading price is small.

Old
10-28-2011, 11:53 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Let me be clear, I was not condoning a move to get Turris. I just don't think Phoenix will bow to his demands and trade him nothing after the way he has carried himself over the past few months. I could be wrong, though. Phoenix could get rid of him for a mid-round pick just to get him out of there.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:55 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

What is the real status of Hornqvist's "lower body " from the beginning of the season? There's no way he's getting so little ice time if he's 100%.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:11 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
What is the real status of Hornqvist's "lower body " from the beginning of the season? There's no way he's getting so little ice time if he's 100%.
When Erat comes back, I'd have no problem sitting Horny a game or two until he mends. We have a long west coast swing after tomorrow night.

Old
10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
predfan98

Quote:
i've seen and heard 2 different things:

it happened in one of the first 2 games on the road or it happenen in practice with a puck off the foot.

no one knew until he showed up in a boot sometime that next monday or tuesday of that week.

Old
10-28-2011, 03:40 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'm not sure anyone outside of the team knows for sure about Hornqvist, but a poster mentioned after last night's game that the radio guys said he still isn't 100% so Trotz isn't giving him full minutes yet. Sounds accurate to me. Cooper also mentioned in an article that was/is on tennessean.com that he has been playing through an injury all season so far (though from Hornqvist's play in last night's game it looks like he is starting to feel pretty good )

Old
10-30-2011, 10:11 AM
BADofSmashville

Quote:
The city has the option of discontinuing the incentive fee and/or reducing the management fee as of 30 Jun 2012. As slow as the Authority and Metro council move, they probably should have started this process long ago.
I'm sorry guys I know this is a few days old and maybe I'm going to sound stupid, but could someone explain what this means.

Old
11-02-2011, 07:15 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Just planning ahead...

Do I still get the GDT tomorrow (we gots a point), or is a loss a loss and it's time to move on to a new author?

Old
11-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Just planning ahead...

Do I still get the GDT tomorrow (we gots a point), or is a loss a loss and it's time to move on to a new author?
New author I should think.

Old
11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADofSmashville View Post
I'm sorry guys I know this is a few days old and maybe I'm going to sound stupid, but could someone explain what this means.
It means Metro can try to save money by reducing the management fee. I can foresee a lot of grandstanding by Metro council members but not much coming out of this. The potential savings is balanced by the risk of increased financial exposure on operating costs.

Old
11-02-2011, 08:30 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
It means Metro can try to save money by reducing the management fee. I can foresee a lot of grandstanding by Metro council members but not much coming out of this. The potential savings is balanced by the risk of increased financial exposure on operating costs.
Council member Jerry Maynard was on 102.5 the game this morning, and basically (and it could be lip service or his own personal views, given it was on a sports station, immediately preceding a segment with Coach Trotz), he said that the council still viewed it as a good return on investment -- they give the Preds 7 million per year, but it helps to keep the team stable and more importantly, in town, where they can reap the benefits of a full arena, the business that brings to downtown, and the associated tax revenues.

Old
11-02-2011, 08:32 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Also, you guys may want to brace yourself for a bunch of bad proposals for members of the big 3. The cover story off the hockey news basically asked which one Nashville is going to have to let go-- and at the same time, last night, Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie discussed the matter on TSN, and both agreed that there's no way Nashville can keep all three, and that Weber is the most likely to go. McKenzie thinks he's gone at the trade deadline, and thinks our goal is a "package of high picks and prospects"

Closed Thread