HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Therien a Phantom

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 04:04 AM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
The CP reports Therien will be back in orange and black tonight, Johnsson could be out with a sore shoulder.
And if not, Vandermeer could be sitting because he's played awful the last few games. See today's Inquirer article over at www.philly.com. Yes, I know, Tim Panaccio is almost never right, but I can't disagree with that assesment of Vandy's performance.

BTW, whoever was saying Therien hits like a truck, you have to be watching an alternate universe Chris Therien. Does this Chris Therien who hits like a truck have a goatee perchance?

Old
10-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFast
The Flyers sent down Chris Therien to the Philadelphia Phantoms today. Most paid player down there?
That's great

Old
10-27-2003, 09:03 AM
fan mao rong

He's ba-ack.

Old
10-27-2003, 01:43 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
BTW, whoever was saying Therien hits like a truck, you have to be watching an alternate universe Chris Therien. Does this Chris Therien who hits like a truck have a goatee perchance?
oh no, the evil Chris Therian

Old
10-28-2003, 04:17 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
oh no, the evil Chris Therian
Glad to see someone got that reference. Although watching the game on Center Ice last night, lo and behold, Therien DID hit somebody, and hard. I was shocked. Of course, watching him lead a rush up the ice was shocking too. I guess he did get some motivation out of being demoted.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:07 AM
Teezax

so what move they make now? Therien had a decent game, very brutal give away in the first period, but seemed to settle down later on in the game. Next game vs Florida, do they keep Bundy in the lineup or bring in Vandermeer again? what do you guys think?

Old
10-28-2003, 06:46 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
so what move they make now? Therien had a decent game, very brutal give away in the first period, but seemed to settle down later on in the game. Next game vs Florida, do they keep Bundy in the lineup or bring in Vandermeer again? what do you guys think?
I always lean towards playing the younger guys. Bundy has been here for 10 season. We all know what he is capable of. It is not as if all of a sudden Therien going to live up to the expections people had for him in 95.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Green Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I always lean towards playing the younger guys. Bundy has been here for 10 season. We all know what he is capable of. It is not as if all of a sudden Therien going to live up to the expections people had for him in 95.
I say go back to Vandy. Get this guy seasoned and give him a better chance to be fully in-the-flow towards the end of the season. Therien's giveaway was just so brutal... to me it's like, play the young guy who is prone to turnovers over the vet who is prone to turnovers.

And sometimes it seems like Therien only hits and gets mad when the coaches/staff give him a reason to. Every season, he'll go through a lull where he doesn't hit a single person. Then the coaches say something to him and the media, and he comes out like he's on steroids and goes wild. It's a shame. He's passive by nature with such a huge body.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:13 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mile
I say go back to Vandy. Get this guy seasoned and give him a better chance to be fully in-the-flow towards the end of the season. Therien's giveaway was just so brutal... to me it's like, play the young guy who is prone to turnovers over the vet who is prone to turnovers.

And sometimes it seems like Therien only hits and gets mad when the coaches/staff give him a reason to. Every season, he'll go through a lull where he doesn't hit a single person. Then the coaches say something to him and the media, and he comes out like he's on steroids and goes wild. It's a shame. He's passive by nature with such a huge body.
I agree

Old
10-29-2003, 05:28 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax

Therien will play as he should. No reason to make changes after a 5-0 win.

Closed Thread